Moved Thread Jamarra Ugle-Hagan will end up more valuable than Nick Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

A good ruck is rarer than a good forward. Are they more valuable?

And lol at using the Brownlow as your only measure of award winning. Numpty.
No it isn't you footy-illiterate. How do you think your club drafted Grundy at the end of the first round when he was rated a top 3 talent all year? Good ruckmen are often found in the rookie draft.

Also awards are still just awards you embarrassing clown. How many Coach's Awards or AFLPA awards has Buddy Franklin won? He will still go down as a far better player than 90% of the winners of the past 20 years.

Back in the Rodney Eade days, the Bulldogs had multiple goalkicking midfielders/midfield-forwards, but no good key forwards. How did that turn out? They were a top 4 team, but in the end always lost to the teams with better key-forward representation. Ended up having to dig up a fossilized 34 year old Barry Hall with a bad ankle because we couldn't find a good one anywhere else. Following Hall's retirement, we didn't find a single good one until Aaron Naughton started playing there in 2019.

Mitch Wallis was once a fairly prolific goalkicking midfielder. He was still never even 1/4th as valuable as even the good-solid key forwards.
So just to reiterate. 80 goal Barry Hall had no impact on your team’s premiership aspirations and your club’s only premiership in over 65 years was won on the back of having no key forwards.

So just to reiterate. 80 goal Barry Hall had no impact on your team’s premiership aspirations and your club’s only premiership in over 65 years was won on the back of having no key forwards.
Judging by this strawman, it is becoming increasingly evident you're illiterate. That would explain your poor intelligence.

was won on the back of having no key forwards.
Oh turns out you can't even articulate your point properly.

What about Tom Boyd? Does kicking three goals and taking several huge marks in a Grand Final count for nothing?

Hey, we're talking about value here. Want to know what Tom Boyd's contract looked like? Despite not having proven anything at the time?

So goal kicking midfielders who have dominated every media, player and coach given award in recent history, but Joe blow reckons he knows way better and the most valuable players in the game are forwards.
I'm just saying stupid people like you place way too much value in awards alone. There is a reason you keep avoiding the topic of Lance Franklin's lack of awards; it doesn't fit your narrative very well.

Whether it be Brownlows, AFLPA or AFLCA, key-position players rarely ever win them, and therefore it cannot be used to reliably assess a player's value.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ugle-Hagan has absolutely shown he is clearly the best key-forward aged 21 or under, champ. No one else is even close.

Anyone with a modicum of football knowledge can also see he clearly has the tools it takes to be just as good as those aforementioned players, if not better. Even without scoring as many goals, he already has far more strings to his bow than the usual mark-kick type forwards (Harry McKay, Mitch Lewis, Max King, etc).
Doesn't matter when it's a team game not an individuals game.

I didn't mention anything about crowd numbers because they are not relevant.

Ugle-Hagan will bring more value on the field than Daicos will. Is that clear enough for you?

He might not get as many possessions, but he will make up for it in structural importance :)

Yes, exactly Ugle-Hagan will be better on field for bringing in more fans to the game for the Bulldogs. Being a KPF, he will also be more structurally important for the Bulldogs as they don't have a Daicos type player who dominates back, forward or midfield.

Judging by this strawman, it is becoming increasingly evident you're illiterate. That would explain your poor intelligence.

Oh turns out you can't even articulate your point properly.

What about Tom Boyd? Does kicking three goals and taking several huge marks in a Grand Final count for nothing?

Hey, we're talking about value here. Want to know what Tom Boyd's contract looked like? Despite not having proven anything at the time?
Thank you for naming Tom Boyd, your grand final ruck as having the most influence in the game.

I'm just saying stupid people like you place way too much value in awards alone. There is a reason you keep avoiding the topic of Lance Franklin's lack of awards; it doesn't fit your narrative very well.

Whether it be Brownlows, AFLPA or AFLCA, key-position players rarely ever win them, and therefore it cannot be used to reliably assess a player's value.
Or perhaps it can and it’s you that is over-glorifying them. Lance Franklin came 2nd in coaches votes in 2008 to the greatest player of all time. While Gary Ablett, a goal kicking mid, was dominating opposition and winning games on his own, Buddy waited for Mitchell, Hodge and Lewis to provide him with opportunity.

Lastly, using cheap shots doesn’t make your arguments any stronger. It simply makes you look like a sook.

I’ll let the footy do the talking and Nick Daicos will continue to be dominate while Jamarra doesn’t.

Yes, exactly Ugle-Hagan will be better on field for bringing in more fans to the game for the Bulldogs. Being a KPF, he will also be more structurally important for the Bulldogs as they don't have a Daicos type player who dominates back, forward or midfield.
He definitely won't be as soft as Daicos, I'll concede that.

1688731034708136.gif

Thank you for naming Tom Boyd, your grand final ruck as having the most influence in the game.

Or perhaps it can and it’s you that is over-glorifying them. Lance Franklin came 2nd in coaches votes in 2008 to the greatest player of all time. While Gary Ablett, a goal kicking mid, was dominating opposition and winning games on his own, Buddy waited for Mitchell, Hodge and Lewis to provide him with opportunity.

Lastly, using cheap shots doesn’t make your arguments any stronger. It simply makes you look like a sook.

I’ll let the footy do the talking and Nick Daicos will continue to be dominate while Jamarra doesn’t.
Tom Boyd was recruited as a key-forward you dumb dumb. We didn't give him a 7 year million a year contract for his ruck work. Like damn how dumb are you bro?

The fact that nobody in the comp is currently more valuable than Nick Daicos suggests this is a pretty optimistic take.

Overglorifying? What? Who am I overglorifying? Franklin? Again, articulate your posts properly.

Franklin is universally considered the greatest key-forward and one of the greatest footballers of his era. That's an extremely common view and one that's accepted by many, perhaps with the exception of you Pie fans who booed him for some unknown reason.
How many brownlows? Zero. How many AFLPA awards? Zero. How many AFLCA awards? Zero.
Same goes for Hawkins, Cameron, Kennedy, Fevola, Roughead, Riewoldt, Lynch, Brown and the list goes on. I guess we should all just accept they are inferior and less valuable than guys like Tom Mitchell, Andrew Brayshaw, Lachie Neale, etc.

You have no clue bro.

Overglorifying? What? Who am I overglorifying? Franklin? Again, articulate your posts properly.

Franklin is universally considered the greatest key-forward and one of the greatest footballers of his era. That's an extremely common view and one that's accepted by many, perhaps with the exception of you Pie fans who booed him for some unknown reason.
How many brownlows? Zero. How many AFLPA awards? Zero. How many AFLCA awards? Zero.
Same goes for Hawkins, Cameron, Kennedy, Fevola, Roughead, Riewoldt, Lynch and the list goes on. I guess we should all just accept they are inferior and less valuable than guys like Tom Mitchell, Andrew Brayshaw, Lachie Neale, etc.

You have no clue bro.
Everybody is wrong. The players, the coaches, the supporters. Everybody is wrong except for the guy that says Hawkins and Brown were more valuable than Ablett and Judd

Everybody is wrong. The players, the coaches, the supporters. Everybody is wrong except for the guy that says Hawkins and Brown were more valuable than Ablett and Judd
Lol, look at the switcheroo you did. I'm making a point that you shouldn't read into awards that much, highlighting the fact that Andrew Brayshaw and Tom Mitchell have won in recent times, but you've swapped them with Ablett and Judd in a desperate attempt to validate your hilarious obsession with awards.

Why is it so hard for you to address why someone like Andrew Brayshaw can win the AFLPA award, yet none of the best key forwards from the last 20 years can?

The reality is, most of these awards reward consistency above everything, but it's inherently much more difficult to take big marks and kick goals than it is to accumulate. This is precisely why good key-forwards like Hawkins are so valuable. I know it's extremely difficult for someone as dense as yourself to grasp this, but it's true. Sorry buddy.

Lol, look at the switcheroo you did. I'm making a point that you shouldn't read into awards that much, highlighting the fact that Andrew Brayshaw and Tom Mitchell have won in recent times, but you've swapped them with Ablett and Judd in a desperate attempt to validate your hilarious obsession with awards.

Why is it so hard for you to address why someone like Andrew Brayshaw can win the AFLPA award, yet none of the best key forwards from the last 20 years can?

The reality is, most of these awards reward consistency above everything, but it's inherently much more difficult to take big marks and kick goals than it is to accumulate. This is precisely why good key-forwards like Hawkins are so valuable. I know it's extremely difficult for someone as dense as yourself to grasp this, but it's true. Sorry buddy.

So Mihochek is a better player than Bontempelli. OK, that does make sense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back