Moved Thread Jamarra Ugle-Hagan will end up more valuable than Nick Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

Jamarra is a poor mans Jack Silvagni.

Can't even ruck.

Lol, look at the switcheroo you did. I'm making a point that you shouldn't read into awards that much, highlighting the fact that Andrew Brayshaw and Tom Mitchell have won in recent times, but you've swapped them with Ablett and Judd in a desperate attempt to validate your hilarious obsession with awards.

Why is it so hard for you to address why someone like Andrew Brayshaw can win the AFLPA award, yet none of the best key forwards from the last 20 years can?

The reality is, most of these awards reward consistency above everything, but it's inherently much more difficult to take big marks and kick goals than it is to accumulate. This is precisely why good key-forwards like Hawkins are so valuable. I know it's extremely difficult for someone as dense as yourself to grasp this, but it's true. Sorry buddy.
Their peers who play the game as their full time career agreed that these players were the most valuable in the league

Their peers who play the game as their full time career agreed that these players were the most valuable in the league
Do you always repeat yourself like a broken record when you've been exposed as a fool?
The AFLCA and Brownlow are voted on a game-by-game basis. Consistency is rewarded above structural importance.
If you asked the coaches whether they would prefer to build a team around a 26 year old Tom Mitchell or a 26 year old Tom Hawkins, every single one of them would choose Hawkins, despite the discrepancy in individual accommodates.

By all means continue to repeat yourself like a broken record. I can already very safely conclude you're not very bright :)

Do you always repeat yourself like a broken record when you've been exposed as a fool?
The AFLCA and Brownlow are voted on a game-by-game basis. Consistency is rewarded above structural importance.
If you asked the coaches whether they would prefer to build a team around a 26 year old Tom Mitchell or a 26 year old Tom Hawkins, every single one of them would choose Hawkins, despite the discrepancy in individual accommodates.

By all means continue to repeat yourself like a broken record. I can already very safely conclude you're not very bright :)

So yes, Mihochek is a better player than Bontempelli because he is a KPF not a midfielder...

never-argue-with-stupid-people.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Debutant, was waxing hysterical in the Daicos thread, this just a thread to pot Daicos again.

The lack of self awareness is... troubling.

Oh well, jog on I guess.

I like Jamarra as much has you but there's nothing productive about arguing immaturely with every person who disagrees. Grow up.
Disagrees with what? Clearly you haven't even grasped the context of the argument. This is to be expected from a stupid person like you.

If you're going to claim a player's worth is defined by individual awards alone, you're going to expose yourself as a person who doesn't know much about football, and isn't that intelligent in general.

Sorry champ, but you're just not very smart.

As amazing as JUH looks and is going to be, we are still talking about a guy that has kicked less goals in more games than our VFL superstar Jack Ginnivan.
Only a simple minded observer judges a forward's output exclusively by the goals they score.

How were Jonathan Brown's numbers early in his career? Tom Hawkins?

Small forwards always have an easier time adapting to AFL level than tall forwards. They're not the ones who have to compete for marks in the air against 1-2 other tall guys.

Small forwards always have an easier time adapting to AFL level than tall forwards. They're not the ones who have to compete for marks in the air against 1-2 other tall guys.

Jono Brown and Tom Hawkins were actually tall forwards.

Jamarra is the smallest 197cm forward I've ever seen. Needs to be re-measured.

Daicos will finish his career a top 50 player of all time with potential to go higher. For the Doggies sake I hope Jamarra ends up the better player with a better career but I highly doubt it. He'd have to be something special.

I don’t quite understand the purpose of this thread, Jamarra plays in a different position to Daicos. Daicos is special and should have been bid on for pick 1.

Jamarra will be a great player for the Bulldogs, especially as unlike Buddy, Hawkins, Cameron etc, he couldn’t play at all the year before his draft due to COVID which put him way behind in his development, so making comparisons to other forwards is really unfair.

Only a simple minded observer judges a forward's output exclusively by the goals they score.

Fair point.

Brown and Hawkins both kicked 30+ within their first three seasons but were really more of a third tall, similar to JUH

I'm glad that you've concurred that Ginnivan is way ahead on output, even if he is in the VFL. Interestingly, JUH, in career best form has a similar output to Ash Johnson over the past three weeks. Both have kicked 6 goals at AFL level in the past three weeks, except AJ is in the 2s at the moment as well...

The only player I think we can really compare Daicos to at this stage is his father. How did Peter go in year 3?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back