James Hird gone, presser at 3:15 today - The Age

Remove this Banner Ad

Then they are in over their heads.

If the majority of people on the HTB knew that a WADA appeal was possible how the hell did Hird and co allow the club to relax before it was finalised?

"Its ok guys. WADA wont appeal coz the AFL cleared us."

That's a massive **** up.
I didn't even suggest this is what Essendon did. I'm saying the AFL Media clearly stopped focussing so much on it until WADA appealed.

How is this hard to understand?

Are you saying that if WADA didn't appeal Essendon as a club would not be in a more stable position than it is right now? If so, I think you have no idea.

Personally I wanted Hird to coach Essendon forever. Today the Hirdymoon is officially over.

With him at the helm, they would never be able to remove themselves from the drugs saga. On top of that, he was never going to take them to a premiership as coach.

James Hird's legacy in the game has been utterly destoyed, save for a small section of Bomber supporters who will try to hold on to his achievements as a player. Ultimately, the drugs saga and his immense failure as senior coach is what he will be remembered for by the vast majority.

As a club the Bombers are today a step closer to moving on from this dark episode. It will always be there but the club will now slowly and gradually move on, which as I said before would never have been possible under Hird.

For Essendon, this was a much needed step in the right direction but they still have a lot of hard work ahead of them - some of which is out of their control - to returning to the club they want to be.

As a sport, the game of Australian Rules footy is now much better for not having Hird involved in any capacity. He may have destroyed his club, but the game can now move on and thrive without him after he and others at Essendon had tarnished our game.

He is finally gone and he's never coming back, and at the end of the day that is a great outcome for the game we all love.

69564_9160bc80f564963eb35b93725b1ece49.jpg
I just wanted to bump this as a tribute to Albert

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

James Hird gone, presser at 3:15 today - The Age

Remove this Banner Ad

Back