James Hird gone, presser at 3:15 today - The Age

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...educed-to-laughing-stock-20150818-gj1sd4.html

On Tuesday, they terminated a coach still with a year left on his contract, after effectively paying him not to coach in 2014. A coach who replaced a predecessor in Matthew Knights also paid out for not completing the final two years on his contract. This follows millions of dollars spent on the legal ramifications of the drawn-out supplements saga.

Essendon's administrators might as well have spent the past few years standing outside their new high performance centre at Tullamarine throwing wads of cash into the breeze. And the damage done to the club's reputation over the long-term could amount to far more even than that.

I have a source within the 4 walls of the club. He has a recording of Jim's initial job interview for the position of Head Coach, Essenton Football Club.

"James, where do you see yourself in 5 years?"

"In 5 years time I will resign from coaching Essendon, but only after the club has hit rock bottom"

"James, why should we hire you?"

"I will plunder this club to the tune of 5 million dollars. I also will initiate a cutting edge supplements program that will provide no benefits to the players WHATSOEVER, incur massive fines for the club, and kick off an asada investigation that will rock the football department to its very core".

"James, what type of work environment do you prefer?"

"I prefer an environment where someone with more experience and qualifications is employed to work alongside me, and do my job."

"James, what's your management style?

"Delegation to the point of abdication. Home by 5pm every night"

"James, how do you deal with pressure and stressful situations?"

France.

St kilda is the new coach killer..

Caro suggesting the loss against the saints was the last straw.

Neil Craig was also given the boot after the loss to saints

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Robbo on SEN now saying that it was a managed exit and that Hird was sacked

"He is the most resilient man ever in football"

Robb saying its impossible that the players wanted Hird to go "Players were crying at the press conference"

"Hird has always gone into bat for the players"

"Hird was still fighting even when the club had stopped"

Last edited:
Bloke needs to be on suicide watch!

As a once great champion player, he's been a complete screw up in everything he's done since the end of his playing career.

Now he has nowt!

He's definitely "at risk" as any mental health expert would tell you.

The term, NARCISSISTIC DECOMPENSATION, could easily apply to dear Albert.

The following article describes the situation more adroitly than I

Decompensation is a removal of the props (ego defences) sustaining an inflated self-esteem that was unable to 'compensate' for an injury of some kind. In other words, decompensation occurs when the narcissist’s grandiosity is not validated by reality; their self image is impossible to sustain. At midlife, with all the struggles human beings have, narcissists have feelings of hopelessness, inadequacy, desperation, and confusion. Feelings they cannot tolerate, nor process.

Midlife taxes narcissistic defences, challenging aging individuals to mature. People with 'undeveloped narcissistic traits' will suffer, perhaps even experience a crisis. That doesn't mean they can't grow and develop. Heinz Kohut suggests maturation is a lifelong process developing immature aspects of ourselves. That's the current thinking about a 'normal' person's midlife transition.

http://wonforum.blogspot.com.au/2011/07/narc-at-midlife-narcissistic.html

I love these idiots who still believe that the players are pro-Hird. Robbo No.1.

Read between the lines and... the players forced the club's hand and sacked Hird themselves. They're not a great side, but FAR from as bad as we've seen in recent weeks. No effort, no passion.

Remove this Banner Ad

James Hird gone, presser at 3:15 today - The Age

Remove this Banner Ad

Back