James Hird gone, presser at 3:15 today - The Age

Remove this Banner Ad

Its plain to see they had to pay Hird to get rid of him. Probably a lot of money too. However, its done now.

At least they can finish off this season, have a big clearing session and start the new season as a "Fresh Start".

Screwed by Dank
stuffed by the AFL
r*ped by the Media

I have never been more embarrased to be an AFL supporter and the celebration type atmosphere in here is sickening.

James Hird will always be a Legend of the game and was also a good coach until he was led down a path by a decieptful and dodgy human in Stephen Dank.
The media is too scared to go after Dank after he threatens to slap defamation suits on them all so they go after Hird because he is the easiest and tallest target. I for one couldnt care less for the EFC or what happens to them now but I do care about human decency and no one reporting or commenting on this situation has had a skerrick of it. I hope you all enjoy your pound of flesh.

He was taking "dietary advise" from Shane Charter back in his playing days.

I'm in two minds on Hird (possibly due to my tasmanian heritage). On one hand presents as a thoughtful intelligent (including emotional intelligence) person with a high degree of integrity but on the other he comes across as arrogant and belligerent. He is clearly an ambitious and detailed person but at times has indicated that he may not have been aware of what Dank was doing and his complete confusion as to the findings of the AFL tribunal was just weird.

Perhaps his is out of his depth as coach - in terms of both match day strategy and risk management in terms of seeking to use supplements to get an edge. Perhaps Dank picked up on this and exploited it in a big way.

Regards

S. Pete

Coaches coach football teams, they are supposed to win games or at least be competitive.

Not talking about his performance, just his treatment. Pretty sure he had the EFC in the finals for a couple of years, from a football point of view he is a good coach. You hear players talk about how tough a season is because they have missed a pre season, well half the EFC list missed a pre season. No coach would have made a difference at Essendon this year, even Ross Lyon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Little on SEN right now..
Ox: Paul if he resigned why is he being paid out
Little: well you assume he is being paid out
Ox: well you said there was a settlement
Little: well yes, there will be a settlement but that is private between James and the club

I'm in two minds on Hird (possibly due to my tasmanian heritage). On one hand presents as a thoughtful intelligent (including emotional intelligence) person with a high degree of integrity but on the other he comes across as arrogant and belligerent. He is clearly an ambitious and detailed person but at times has indicated that he may not have been aware of what Dank was doing and his complete confusion as to the findings of the AFL tribunal was just weird.

Perhaps his is out of his depth as coach - in terms of both match day strategy and risk management in terms of seeking to use supplements to get an edge. Perhaps Dank picked up on this and exploited it in a big way.

Regards

S. Pete

Icarus.

Regards

S. Pete
Get it 100%. He's just that personality type. He'd be the guy in charge at Enron or Lehman Brothers.

Little on SEN right now..
Ox: Paul if he resigned why is he being paid out
Little: well you assume he is being paid out
Ox: well you said there was a settlement
Little: well yes, there will be a settlement but that is private between James and the club
Jesus you're thick Willo_ he "agreed to be sacked"!

Regards

S. Pete
It's like you copy/pasted a letter to the editor.

Regards

S. Pete
Common theme for my mind throughout this sorry saga was that James Hird did what was best for James Hird each step of the way.

He should had fallen on his sword a long time ago. Even if he didn't know or was lead down the wrong way he had a care of duty to the players he coached and he failed them miserably in my mind.

Also the whole Essendon Board needs to go too. Get out the broom and sweep out the cobwebs.

Poisoned the players, destroyed the club, swanned about like he'd done nothing wrong, and on top of that couldn't coach for shit. One-man footy club wrecking ball.

For it to take this long probably has Michael Voss wondering what he did wrong...

#standbyrobbo #putyourpeptidesout

you could just imagine Robbo in the presser getting out his hip flask having sips of whisky.

18k4h407z9k3xjpg.jpg

18k4h407z9k3xjpg.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

James Hird gone, presser at 3:15 today - The Age

Remove this Banner Ad

Back