James Hird gone, presser at 3:15 today - The Age

Remove this Banner Ad

You know nothing of the modern football club, the coach is responsible for the coaching of football . Sports science is the domain of the Strength and Conditioning department. They both answer to the football manager who answers to the CEO.

Why did he hire Dank then?

You can't thumb your nose at the lines of responsibility, then hide behind them when it suits you.

You know nothing of the modern football club, the coach is responsible for the coaching of football . Sports science is the domain of the Strength and Conditioning department. They both answer to the football manager who answers to the CEO.

That may be the typical organisational structure but the coach is still the public face....

So why we're he and Dank continually texting each other?
Sorry, you have no idea about a football club. If you think that a club run program of peptides cannot be vetoed by the coach or at least get checked by independent people by the coach who knows about it, you are kidding yourself. Even I knew possible illegal supplements were being used in early 2012!!!!!! Hird would have surely known.

Any other coach who's name was not James Hird would of been sacked in the same situation.

You can thumb your nose at the lines of responsibility, then hide behind them when it suits you.

I believe this is a direct quote from Hird.

Tania ....read it back to me? Yep word for word.

Not talking about his performance, just his treatment. Pretty sure he had the EFC in the finals for a couple of years, from a football point of view he is a good coach. You hear players talk about how tough a season is because they have missed a pre season, well half the EFC list missed a pre season. No coach would have made a difference at Essendon this year, even Ross Lyon.

Must have missed the bit where they missed a pre-season, who was that? I mean, I'm sure you're not just talking about the NAB challenge games...?

Good riddance to bad rubbish. A stain on the AFL has been lifted. I hope he is never seen or heard from again. Never employed in any media organisation. Hopefully he is removed from the Hall of Fame.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The best part about it, he is a shit coach and they paid him a cool million to go to France for a year and extend his contract for 2 years.

Is Paul Little this stupid, surely he is not the brains behind Toll Holdings...

Good riddance to bad rubbish. A stain on the AFL has been lifted. I hope he is never seen or heard from again. Never employed in any media organisation. Hopefully he is removed from the Hall of Fame.

Typical soft Port Adelaide attitude

The best part about it, he is a shit coach and they paid him a cool million to go to France for a year and extend his contract for 2 years.

Is Paul Little this stupid, surely he is not the brains behind Toll Holdings...

If Little had his way he would of buggered off Hird in 2013, I get the feeling.

But I think the amount of Hird cultists in and around the club made everything very hard to do that, plus James willing to bring everyone down to save himself.

I mean there are still people mad Hird has been sacked, even now!

OK - how many 100 point losses before they ummmmmm accept his resignation?
So you're not talking about his performance, then you go on and talk about his performance, yeah ok.
Everyone has an opinion, yours is he is a good coach, most say he is crap, many would look at him without bomber, is like a rabbit in headlights.
Most people said this had to happen from the start, Little in his press conference just agreed to what most have been saying for years.

The fact is before the Media began their witch hunt Hird had them playing good football, bomber or not. Hird leaves, Bomber doesnt want to leave and the media assemble as they have a sniff of blood. Football is a mental game and the continued attack on the players wore them down. How you can judge a coach on having to coach that EFC side this year? they had no pre season and more distractions than any other team has ever put up with.

I dont see Hird as a messiah, I am not a fan of Essendon and really couldnt care what happens to them.

What I do hate is the tall poppy syndrome, the media and people passing judgement when they have no idea what happens inside a football club.

What happened to #standbyhird is that the same as #not standing by my word

Damn that rhymes hard

The fact is before the Media began their witch hunt Hird had them playing good football, bomber or not. Hird leaves, Bomber doesnt want to leave and the media assemble as they have a sniff of blood. Football is a mental game and the continued attack on the players wore them down. How you can judge a coach on having to coach that EFC side this year? they had no pre season and more distractions than any other team has ever put up with.

I dont see Hird as a messiah, I am not a fan of Essendon and really couldnt care what happens to them.

What I do hate is the tall poppy syndrome, the media and people passing judgement when they have no idea what happens inside a football club.

This isn't a tall poppy thing, the guy has behaved in a way which most people find abhorrent, in trying to save himself before anyone else.

Maybe if your a narcissist you can relate, but the majority of people can't.

Remove this Banner Ad

James Hird gone, presser at 3:15 today - The Age

Remove this Banner Ad

Back