James Hird gone, presser at 3:15 today - The Age

Remove this Banner Ad

The fact is before the Media began their witch hunt Hird had them playing good football, bomber or not. Hird leaves, Bomber doesnt want to leave and the media assemble as they have a sniff of blood. Football is a mental game and the continued attack on the players wore them down. How you can judge a coach on having to coach that EFC side this year? they had no pre season and more distractions than any other team has ever put up with.

I dont see Hird as a messiah, I am not a fan of Essendon and really couldnt care what happens to them.

What I do hate is the tall poppy syndrome, the media and people passing judgement when they have no idea what happens inside a football club.

Doesn't matter my little fan of governance and JDF's...if the Board felt he wasn't right - well you surely wouldn't want them shirking their responsibilty.

If he truly loved the club it this day would of been 2 years ago.

I look forward to him actually one day trying to explain some of the odd coincidences and so on that bobbed up. I don't like him, but regardless, he was a big player in this. His version will be good to hear whether you believe it or not.

But hopefully he ****s off for a bit until the WADA thing is done. If it's all about the players - get that done first, then continue on.

I look forward to him actually one day trying to explain some of the odd coincidences and so on that bobbed up. I don't like him, but regardless, he was a big player in this. His version will be good to hear whether you believe it or not.

But hopefully he ****s off for a bit until the WADA thing is done. If it's all about the players - get that done first, then continue on.

Belle Gibson is more believable than Hirdy at the present moment.

Hirdy's done alright out of the Bombers. A family holiday in France while he undertook an all expenses paid course while on full pay. Now a negotiated settlement to cover the outstanding time left on his contract.

Not bad for someone who has put self-interest first and in so doing caused the club immense grief both on and off the field.

Belle Gibson is more believable than Hirdy at the present moment.

Bronwyn Bishop is going to try and catch up with him - at least she won't be the least liked in the room

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CMqU_CnUsAUSJTq.jpg:large

A lawyer reacts to James Hird's resignation

Haha, you just Fat Jew'd Titus Oreillys tweet.

The most telling the for me from the presser was this, "to my family... I am truly sorry for what I... for what you had to go through." It's obvious that he feels responsible but doesn't want to say it because of legal stuff etc

The fact is before the Media began their witch hunt Hird had them playing good football, bomber or not. Hird leaves, Bomber doesnt want to leave and the media assemble as they have a sniff of blood. Football is a mental game and the continued attack on the players wore them down. How you can judge a coach on having to coach that EFC side this year? they had no pre season and more distractions than any other team has ever put up with.

I dont see Hird as a messiah, I am not a fan of Essendon and really couldnt care what happens to them.

What I do hate is the tall poppy syndrome, the media and people passing judgement when they have no idea what happens inside a football club.
well he has been judged and he failed that judgement.
This is football, biggest game in the country, you think people aren't going to judge?
He failed, whether you like that or not, he failed.

If the players wanted Hird as coach, why did James abandon them?

There's only 1 set of footprints in the sand .....does that mean you are carrying us James?

Ummmm no actually I'm just taking off to Europe - toodles

well he has been judged and he failed that judgement.
This is football, biggest game in the country, you think people aren't going to judge?
He failed, whether you like that or not, he failed.

They sure can judge, just like I am entitled to take them to account for their misguided judgements.

You have no concept of failure, Tony Shaw now there was a failure of a coach.

For the best - now at the end of the season, the entire board must stand down and take responsibility for their horrible judgement/decisions over the last seven or so years.

If one of my employees decided to conduct themselves in a manner that brought the business into disrepute I would sack them. Hence why Dank was sacked.
If you want to talk about chain of responsibility in regards to the EFC then the CEO or football manager are the ones who should cop the blame not the coach.

In Essendons case Hird employed Dank at an informal meeting at Hird home. He did not go through the normal channels of using the HR department to do the normal check or getting clearance from the CEO. Hird then gave Dank permission and instructed him to start a supplement program that was outside the Clib Dr and normal medical protocols. Hird then did not ensure that any protocols such as record keeping was done. Hird communicated directly with Dank about what substances were to be given and how to keep the Cub Doctor, club dietitian etc out of the loop. This is not my opinion but has been admitted to by Hird and the club and there is significant proof of this. Hird was responsible but has never taken any responsibility.

Would it be scary if you employed someone and they stuffed up only to have everyone blame you for it.

Just imagine if you employed someone, then to confirm what your new employee told you, you brought in a convicted drug peddling old buddy to advise you. And when others stopped the program that your new employee put in place, you sent a text to another of your employees asking them to get their "united nations" skills up and running.

You're making out as if he is the victim. I call bullshit. If anyone is a victim it is the players and the supporters. Hird the narcissistic prick can go heck himself.

Remove this Banner Ad

James Hird gone, presser at 3:15 today - The Age

Remove this Banner Ad

Back