Coach James Hird - is it time to give him a second chance at coaching an AFL club? Gil says yes!

Should James Hird be given a second chance at coaching an AFL club?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

He ain't leaving. if we sacked Rutten last season then yeah he would have been out.

Said on afl 360 when rutten was sacked that whilst he's disapointed he will fall in line with the club going forward.

Nothing to worry about.
I’m sure Adrian will be able to convince him to “fall in love” with the club again … 😎

Essendon should be contracted for even considering this. Absolutely disgraceful.

Hird should be barred from ever having anything to do with the AFL for life.
Yep, also it makes me sick that Sydney have the architect of the darkest camp in Australian sporting history working for them. I mean do the swans hate their indigenous players?

He ain't leaving. if we sacked Rutten last season then yeah he would have been out.

Said on afl 360 when rutten was sacked that whilst he's disapointed he will fall in line with the club going forward.

Signed till 2027 massive contract to break
You’re really underestimating how much of a disgrace people see Hird as. Current Essendon players included. It’s kind of an open secret.

Let me fix that for you.
Sure.

Not that it bothers me - but if you need to change it I followed Sydney, Carlton and Fremantle this year.

At this stage, I'm thinking that I'll barrack for North, GWS and maybe Carlton again next year.

I mean I follow all teams to some degree, but the above are where I've focussed my attention.

Must be nice constantly ripping into other clubs while keeping yours a secret, nice work.
I simply don't subscribe to that juvenile logic.

It's an entertainment product to me. Akin to watching a movie or reading a book - I enjoy the characters and stories, but certainly don't align myself or identify with a specific club in any way.

Frankly, I find that to be the height of idiocy.

I follow almost every sport you can think of, and don't have a specific team in any of them. I follow teams based on various factors on an almost annual basis.

For example, I follow the Angels very closely in the MLB because I love watching Ohtani and Trout play. If they trade Ohtani, then I'll probably follow wherever he goes, plus the Angels (presuming they keep Trout). I sued to follow the Giants, and the Dodgers before that.

I follow the Preds in the ice hockey as I went to Nashville once. But I also follow the Flames closely.

My grandpa was a mad Melbourne supporter, my dad played for St Kilda, and I trained with Hawthorn. And I was a Richmond member in 2019 and followed Sydney in the early 2000s when I lived there.

I follow the Warriors in the NBA because I used to live Chris Mullen, but also follow the Celtics and the Jazz - but I'm ditching them this season value they traded Spida.

Follow the Storm cause they're great to watch and I go to games occasionally, but also follow the Sharks and the Knights.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's going to happen isn't it? fmd
Oh My God Omg GIF by The Office
Its Happening Ron Paul GIF
Its Happening GIF by MOODMAN
The Simpsons Yes GIF by AniDom
japan it's happening GIF
Its Happening Take Off GIF by AXE
Reaction Meme Its Happening GIF by Lockness
Its Happening Parks And Recreation GIF

It is, and this is legit (as any other Bombers member who got that will confirm)

The club is trolling all and sundry. I've seen a lot in my 50+ years when it comes to football and this is pretty much right up there. The club has balls the size of China. Incredible how this is playing out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach James Hird - is it time to give him a second chance at coaching an AFL club? Gil says yes!

Back