Speculation James Peatling

Remove this Banner Ad

lol .. Sydney having whinge about Dawson after all their Tippett shenanigans

The Tippett shenanigans were nothing to do with us! That was Adelaide's attempt to rort the system that blew up in your face. AFC and Tippett wrote a draft tampering clause into their contract. Do your homework.

The Tippett shenanigans were nothing to do with us! They were AFC and Tippett who wrote a draft tampering clause into their contract. Do your homework.
Your clubs trade offer for a key forward who could chop in the ruck on a massive lengthy contract was so laughing bad there alarms going off everywhere in AFL house

Perhaps had Sydney been prepared to deal in somewhat better faith it wouldn't have turned into the clusterf*ck it did

Your clubs trade offer for a key forward who could chop in the ruck on a massive lengthy contract was so laughing bad there alarms going off everywhere in AFL house

Perhaps had Sydney been prepared to deal in somewhat better faith it wouldn't have turned into the clusterf*ck it did

So you're suggesting we should have colluded with you in your attempts to tamper with the draft? I wasn't involved but I daresay the fact that Tippett was available relatively cheap was no doubt part of his appeal. If we had had to pay through the nose for the trade we might not have been interested.

BS nothing to do with Sydney.

And you're suggesting the Swans are somehow responsible for writing terms into Tippo's contract with your footy club years before Tippett ever came to Sydney? Either that's some inspired long term planning or just some sixth spidey sense that it would work out well. I wish our list managers were that canny.

Take responsibility for your own club's **** up.

So you're suggesting we should have colluded with you in your attempts to tamper with the draft? I wasn't involved but I daresay the fact that Tippett was available relatively cheap was no doubt part of his appeal. If we had had to pay through the nose for the trade we might not have been interested.
No .. what I suggested was that your club chose not to approach the trade in good faith

I really can't be bothered having a long winded conversation over an event that happened 10-12 years ago with you

If you really can't see the hypocrisy in regard to your comment re Dawson, I'm sorry but I just can't help you. You finished up with a very reasonable first round pick for a player who was out of contract and had played around 60 games in 5 years on your list.

Now, this is the Peatling thread. Probably time for us all to move on

No .. what I suggested was that your club chose not to approach the trade in good faith

I really can't be bothered having a long winded conversation over an event that happened 10-12 years ago with you

If you really can't see the hypocrisy in regard to your comment re Dawson, I'm sorry but I just can't help you. You finished up with a very reasonable first round pick for a player who was out of contract and had played around 60 games in 5 years on your list.

Now, this is the Peatling thread. Probably time for us all to move on

You're the guy who raised a trade from 12 years ago. (See post #476 above.)

As I recall, Tippett and Adelaide FC wrote into their last contract that AFC would trade Tippett to the club of Tippett's choice for a 2nd rounder at the end of the contract. The club were reluctantly going to go through with it when they thought Tippett was going to the Suns but spat the dummy when he nominated the Swans. I don't see how that means the Swans didn't approach the trade in good faith.

Happy to leave it there (I didn't raise it) but be brave enough to concede that you're throwing in the towel because you're talking crap.

You're the guy who raised a trade from 12 years ago. (See post #476 above.)

As I recall, Tippett and Adelaide FC wrote into their last contract that AFC would trade Tippett to the club of Tippett's choice for a 2nd rounder at the end of the contract. The club were reluctantly going to go through with it when they thought Tippett was going to the Suns but spat the dummy when he nominated the Swans. I don't see how that means the Swans didn't approach the trade in good faith.

Happy to leave it there (I didn't raise it) but be brave enough to concede that you're throwing in the towel because you're talking crap.
You had a whinge about Dawson you peanut

There was nothing written into his contract. The AFL hold player contracts

If I wanted to eat oranges I’d take the learn how to eat oranges class.

I’m sure there is a Tippett thread still out there, take it in there guys

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation James Peatling

Remove this Banner Ad

Back