Speculation James Peatling

Remove this Banner Ad

Significantly less than O’Brien...

O'Brien had done a fair bit more than Peatling when he came to that contract extension.

Equally, I doubt we regret it. It used up cap space in an time where we were likely struggling to meet the floor.

Yes, I think he sets a good standard as a coach. Maybe his game plans can be altered a little but the lack of talented ball carriers and run with players missing and never really having a full side makes it looks worse. The rotations are there now with Cumming Rankine Peatling Neal Bullen added recently before it was a decent midfield but the tier below was not good enough or too young in my mind. Also the addition of Lukosis and Curtin will give you a Swingman you haven’t had for years to plug gaps if needed. Lukosis Fogarty and Thilthorpe is a very nice trio in the forward line when at full strength and then Welsh coming along in a couple of years as well.

I do agree, I don't get the impression players coast under Nicks and there haven't been too many concerns development wise.

Most of Nicks problems this year was he misread the list and the direction we needed to go in and lost that free flowing outside game that saw Adelaide's offense being top 2-3 (which it was in 2023). Equally, we lost the ability to pin teams in our forward 50. It's all fixable in an offseason and it's quite likely Nicks loses his job if he can't.

Honestly, it's probably all fixed by not using Dawson as a rotational forward (which is such a dumb decision) and letting him play as an inside midfielder and floating defender when he's not needed on the inside.

Last edited:
Ok … I’ll call the club and let them know
Dont think we have given up om Shiel yet and we want that 46 from Peatling for him.56 for Stinger.Think 53 may go crows way and late 2025 pick etc..Depends where u rate Crows in 25 regarding future 2nd .Im not convinced they leapfrog those above them on 2024 ladder but the crows homeground advantage is there 19th man and tends to hide a few dificiencies for home games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation James Peatling

Remove this Banner Ad

Back