Speculation James Peatling

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m hot on Peatling as a player, think he can match the output of a Rowbottom type as early as next year, and I am for Perryman for no trade cost, but I’m doubtful as to whether we need both when neither have A-grade potential. We need midfield support but I think one is enough before redirecting our attention to other positions (key back, forward/ruck, half-back).

Would also like to keep options open in 12 months time for LDU/Petracca/other if they’re gettable but bringing in these two on decent contracts might seal that door.

My source isn’t from the Western Bulldogs camp. Loosely related to a WA club. Things can change but he wants more than the 3 years Giants are offering.

He met with the Bulldogs last week for the second time, as well as a few other Vic clubs.

Collingwood are also a strong chance to land him, but West Coast and Adelaide are unlikely.

My source isn’t from the Western Bulldogs camp. Loosely related to a WA club. Things can change but he wants more than the 3 years Giants are offering.

He met with the Bulldogs last week for the second time, as well as a few other Vic clubs.

Collingwood are also a strong chance to land him, but West Coast and Adelaide are unlikely.
Lucky you put Collingwood in there so you're right no matter what

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i heard today the Crows are a strong chance....

Twomey said Eagles are out of the race, but Crows are in it, as well as many of the VIC teams already mentioned

He also said he flew over to Adelaide to meet us, which makes it seem like he’s giving our option genuine considerations? Otherwise he’d just have a video chat/meet with Dawson and Sloane when they were in Melb for the Brownlow

Dude he isnt taking a paycut to join the 8th team on the table...This should be obvious. Last off season you ended up with Harmes/Bramble and you expect this time around you will be able to sign the most indemand player during the draft period

You wont be beating Eaglles financial offer or GWS better career prospects. Not a chance in hell

Sounds like the Eagles are out of the race according to Twomey. While he meets and considers the Dogs, Crows and other Vic clubs. (Still might stay of course)

First Busslinger and now Peatling. Maybe hold back on the lol reacts and looking down on other clubs.

Last edited:
Sounds like the Eagles are out of the race according to Twomey. While he meets and considers the Dogs, Crows and other Vic clubs. (Still might stay of course)

First Busslinger and now Peatling. Maybe hold back on the lol reacts and looking down on other clubs.
Our club reaches new depths of incompetency on a daily basis. Its just hard to keep up

How Peatling can choose Bulldogs over us while we chase a potato like Liam Baker is beyond comprehension to me

Our club reaches new depths of incompetency on a daily basis. Its just hard to keep up

How Peatling can choose Bulldogs over us while we chase a potato like Liam Baker is beyond comprehension to me

Out of curiosity, what makes you think a player would currently choose West Coast over Bulldogs?

Out of curiosity, what makes you think a player would currently choose West Coast over Bulldogs?
season 12 episode 13 GIF

There are a stack of reasons why a player would choose West Coast over the Dogs, or why a player may choose team A over team B regardless of who the teams are.

At a large scale, it's the size of the club, the location, the commercial opportunities that come with it, the post-career opportunities, then when you look at specifically the here and now, West Coast are probably able to pay players a bit more at the minute because they're not filled with talent and are a bit rubbish - which means players are far more likely to play senior footy on a week to week basis, the Harley Reid pull is real (as Adam Simpson said).

There are also a lot of reasons why an individual may choose the Dogs over West Coast as well mind you (as they have in the Busslinger and English cases just this year). We are probably more likely in the short-medium term to have success, there is far less media scrutiny playing at a smaller club, less expectation, living around Melbourne, there may be a pull to play with Bontempelli in the final stages of his career.

It's far too simplistic a question.

Dogs will have a lot of cash to blow with Smith, Macrae and Likely Daniel off the books. That could be over 2mil.
Know our offer was 1 mill more then Giants. We should just be making our offer 1 mill more then yours etc.

I dont think we should really be leaving it for him to make a decision. Offer Peatling 5 years and get it done

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation James Peatling

Remove this Banner Ad

Back