James Podsiadly? JOKE or a true indication of the state of the Handbagger forward line?

Remove this Banner Ad

Now if Shitta would admit he stuffed up just as tillerific did we could stop bumpung this thread

Even the best of us can be occasionly proven wrong, thats what you sometimes cop for actually having an opinion.

Having said that, I am not the flog that registered the username catspremiers07/08!!

Even the best of us can be occasionly proven wrong, thats what you sometimes cop for actually having an opinion.

Having said that, I am not the flog that registered the username catspremiers07/08!!
Well done Shotta, that is a start, and you are right about the 07/08 username, however since you're in the mood for admitting your failures maybe you could re-address this issue
The Official Hawthorn Back to Back Countdown.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=539944
or this one
The Handbaggers straight sets thread....
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=626060
or maybe
The Pretenders(Geelong) will not be in the 8 after Round 1.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=516914

Begin the backdowns and be a man.

It must be a joke. For the creampuffs to pick up a c grade hack that has already been told by two afl clubs that he isn't good eneough after being an average player in a weaker competition for the last 10 years is a definite sign of what the future holds.

Nobody has been more surprised by the Handbaggers little 3 year surge than handbag fans themselves, but now they have the harsh reality of returning to the depths they came from, a club that for most part of the last half century embraces anything that is half acceptable.
Nice thread you flog.

I may have said this already but I take back anything I have said against Pods. I truly have egg on my face given some of my comments in the first pages of this thread.

Good man...glad to see the honesty :thumbsu:

Holy shit, shitta fronts up to a terribly poor thread!

Well done Shotta, that is a start, and you are right about the 07/08 username, however since you're in the mood for admitting your failures maybe you could re-address this issue
The Official Hawthorn Back to Back Countdown.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=539944
or this one
The Handbaggers straight sets thread....
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=626060
or maybe
The Pretenders(Geelong) will not be in the 8 after Round 1.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=516914

Begin the backdowns and be a man.
Shitta has alot opinions .. All shit.

I can flush a toilet and listen to the noise it makes, it doesn't have an opinion of any substance but it does eat shit. Remarkably like yourself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does this thread say more about Pods or the rest of the Cat forwards?

Personally I see some of the sledge at Pods that sees egg on the OPs face. However the fact a 28 year old rookie is outperforming the rest of the Cats KP forwards provides some element of truth to the thread.

Geelong are missing 2 key forwards and 23 goals.

THREAD FAIL!

thread-fail-stamp.gif

Personally I see some of the sledge at Pods that sees egg on the OPs face. However the fact a 28 year old rookie is outperforming the rest of the Cats KP forwards provides some element of truth to the thread.

"all the other forwards" I'm guessing refers to Hawkins and mooney (both of whom were injured). Mooney has been decent this year, but he is not the born forward that Pods seems to be. Though his 2007 was excellent, I don't think many people really rated moondog as a star of the comp.

Hawkins on the other hand was playing great footy up until he hurr his foot, he hasn't really played a forward role at all.

It must be a joke. For the creampuffs to pick up a c grade hack that has already been told by two afl clubs that he isn't good eneough after being an average player in a weaker competition for the last 10 years is a definite sign of what the future holds.

Nobody has been more surprised by the Handbaggers little 3 year surge than handbag fans themselves, but now they have the harsh reality of returning to the depths they came from, a club that for most part of the last half century embraces anything that is half acceptable.

Geez, don't you look like a dick now.....

"all the other forwards" I'm guessing refers to Hawkins and mooney (both of whom were injured). Mooney has been decent this year, but he is not the born forward that Pods seems to be. Though his 2007 was excellent, I don't think many people really rated moondog as a star of the comp.

Hawkins on the other hand was playing great footy up until he hurr his foot, he hasn't really played a forward role at all.

Read it again. I've even highlighted the KP forward part for you.
Again any slight the OP intended towards Pods has been thrown back on him tenfold. However a 28 year old rookie outperforming the rest of your KP stocks did show that the Cats weakness was its KP forwards.

Again any slight the OP intended towards Pods has been thrown back on him tenfold. However a 28 year old rookie outperforming the rest of your KP stocks did show that the Cats weakness was its KP forwards.

A 28 year old full forward who has had 8b years at VFL level dominating and should have been playing AFL lonbg ago. Where are our other KPP? Oh right they are injured. Piss off you stupid flog.

A 28 year old full forward who has had 8b years at VFL level dominating and should have been playing AFL lonbg ago. Where are our other KPP? Oh right they are injured. Piss off you stupid flog.

and what were they doing before they were injured?

1. Being moved to the ruck to fill a gap and to cover for the fact he wasn't producing as a forward anyway; and

2. Being Cam Mooney

I've even highlighted the "rest of the Cat forwards" part for you
and what were they doing before they were injured?

1. Being moved to the ruck to fill a gap and to cover for the fact he wasn't producing as a forward anyway; and

2. Being Cam Mooney
Hawkins was having a poor season, no doubt. Was starting to look much better in the ruck though; was even kicking goals as a ruckman. Shame he got injured in the middle of some good form.

Mooney has been fantastic this year, has played his role absolutely perfectly. I'll be the first to admit that 08 and 09 were pretty poor, but 07 and 10 he has been a quality forward; has been a perfect foil for Pods to step up and dominate.

But ya know what, even playing as a lone key forward, Pods dominated.

Maybe instead of Podsiadly being an "indication" of how "poor" the rest of our (key) forwards are, maybe recruiters were just wrong about Pods for so long?
... and winning two Premierships.
Also this.

Pods is the second best FF in the competition behind Jack Reiwoldt, he would improve any forward line in the league.

So he is better than mooney? Maybe he is, it is not a slight on moons because JPod is an absolute gun.

And Hawkins is young and was playing great footy in the ruck.

Pods is just a gun who was a late bloomer, I can't see how this reflects badly on anyone except for the fortnall departments who overlooked him (Geelong included)

There's no doubt he is a better option than Nathan Ablett or Hawkins are/were, but Mooney always played further upfield and set up as more goals than he kicked. Yes Pods is a star but to be honest, if I had a choice of one or the other I'd still take Mooney - he's just more important to our team. For all that's said about the delivery our midfield gives our forward line, Mooney and Chapman are the two best players in our side at hitting a target inside 50.

Remove this Banner Ad

James Podsiadly? JOKE or a true indication of the state of the Handbagger forward line?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back