James Sicily

Remove this Banner Ad

Why are we asking for a week? Surely something this soft is only worthy of a fine.. For gods sake, never seen a bigger case of trial by media.. Enright does the exact same things a few year back and it’s a fine- what’s changed now? Anti hawks bias in the media??

He was never getting a fine for going to the tribunal, especially for his second offense against an opponent on the ground

Priors.
Recent priors
Very recent priors.
Very recent relevant priors.

Why are we asking for a week? Surely something this soft is only worthy of a fine.. For gods sake, never seen a bigger case of trial by media.. Enright does the exact same things a few year back and it’s a fine- what’s changed now? Anti hawks bias in the media??
Priors.
Recent priors.
Very recent priors.
Very recent relevant priors.

Bloody Hell AFL.

This is disgraceful.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-04-24/in-the-mix-round-six

As per the above post, this article states that Sicily has been suspended before the tribunal hearing.

Talk about declaring someone guilty before the actual trial and actually declaring the outcome.

What if he only gets a fine? (like Enright and Hunt)

This on the AFL's own website.

Hang your head in shame, Ashley Browne.
Is this a serious post?

Sicily is done. You don’t get invited to the tribunal to have tea and scones. It’s just a matter of how long he sits in the stands.

Similarly, every dickhead with a microphone has been declaring Burton should be penalized for an accidental headclash.

Nothing that Ash has said is incorrect.

I don't understand this.

Gleeson: It goes beyond a stomping act. It's more problematic than that, and that's why this is a serious misconduct charge.

Surely stomping is intentional and worse than stepping on someone.

This is less than stomping, so why is it more problematic?

Is this a serious post?

Sicily is done. You don’t get invited to the tribunal to have tea and scones. It’s just a matter of how long he sits in the stands.

Similarly, every dickhead with a microphone has been declaring Burton should be penalized for an accidental headclash.

Nothing that Ash has said is incorrect.

Absolutely it is serious.

It is trial by tribunal, not trial by media.

Find me an example of where a respectable media organisation prejudges a tribunal decision.

Ultimately it may have been correct, but you don't declare someone suspended until it actually happens.

That is a tenet of basic justice. Innocent until proven guilty.

I don't understand this.

Gleeson: It goes beyond a stomping act. It's more problematic than that, and that's why this is a serious misconduct charge.

Surely stomping is intentional and worse than stepping on someone.

This is less than stomping, so why is it more problematic?

It's the vibe.

It's all about the vibe.

Because it’s the lowest possible suspension.

Absolutely it is serious.

It is trial by tribunal, not trial by media.

Find me an example of where a respectable media organisation prejudges a tribunal decision.

Ultimately it may have been correct, but you don't declare someone suspended until it actually happens.

That is a tenet of basic justice. Innocent until proven guilty.
You’d have to be new to this game to think that a visit to the tribunal meant anything orther than a suspension.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think common sense Is prevailing here it was dumb as shit but no harm was done admitted guilt take the one week
If we can get him out of there with a 1 week suspension I will do cartwheels.

The last bit is the most important.

• Tribunal chairman Ross Howie:
    If the act was considered misconduct, a fine would be appropriate. Serious misconduct, however, requires at least one game being missed.

Sicily's plea is clearly relevant.
    dinny.navaratnam
    91179a51-2688-4734-a6df-3faffb5372d4.jpg

• 6 minutes ago
    Relevant factors
    Sicily's advocate, Peter O'Farrell: Should take into account Sicily is 23 and has played 48 games.

He says low impact seems appropriate, because of where the contact was and since Atley wasn't injured. There wasn't potential to cause serious injury.

Sicily acknowledges the act was undisciplined and unnecessary, and is remorseful of his actions. He's been admonished by his coach and player manager.

So are you saying no one has ever been found innocent after going to the tribunal?:think::rolleyes:
When there’s conclusive footage of a grub incident off the ball, no.

Completely agree.

Zurhar's intention could only have been to put him into the fence.

The ball was not in dispute and he knew he was on the boundary line.

Far more cynical thing to do than anything 'brain fade Sicily' has done this year.

It amazes me, NOT, that we're not seeing repeated replays of that cowardly action, which did have the potential to cause some serious damage. On the other hand, the video of a player jokingly, and stupidly, stepping on an opponents leg, which is a bad look for our game, gets played over and over, with calls for his head.

Am I to conclude, that the penalty for doing something that is a bad look for our game, is more serious than doing something that potentially could maim a player? The rules seem to indicate that.

Deserves a week but under the current rules it's only a fine.

If they want to change the rules then do that but to arguing this is a week because the act was In fact worse than stomping is laughable.

Remove this Banner Ad

James Sicily

Remove this Banner Ad

Back