Recommitted James Worpel [OOC 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Mitchell loves him.

Just bereft of touch and confidence. Hopefully a stint in the 2's can spark him. Worrying signs are he has been really poor for 2 years straight. Even pushing Mitchell and Jaeger out of the middle didn't seem to help him.

At his B&F winning best he showed that he is an excellent ball winner with two way ability. Genuine A-grader.

Currently playing like a C Grader.

I'd hope we keep him as his value is at an all time low. Wouldn't be worth losing him for peanuts when the potential is there. Just a big 'if', if we can unlock it again.

Has fallen off a cliff since winning Hawthorn's B&F in 2019.

Clearly capable at the level but what caused the drop off and whether he can turn things around remains to be seen.

Contracted through to the end of 2023 so I suspect it'll come down to how much external interest there is, because I reckon Hawthorn will be pretty keen to keep him around if they can.

Yet to see or hear any evidence this is true. The fact that we drafted Constable with our last list spot maybe 10 selections ahead of him indicates we probably weren't that keen at the time.
That just means Geelong took Constable because they rated him higher at the time.

It doesn’t mean they didn’t rate Worpel also.

That just means Geelong took Constable because they rated him higher at the time.

It doesn’t mean they didn’t rate Worpel also.
Hawthorn were heavily linked to Worpel at the draft. Everyone knew you were taking him. The cats effectively passed on him.

Maybe they changed their view on him since then but again, there's no evidence to suggest they have.

Yet to see or hear any evidence this is true. The fact that we drafted Constable with our last list spot maybe 10 selections ahead of him indicates we probably weren't that keen at the time.

Constable wasnt our last pick in that draft miers was.

In the Ralph article today:

Geelong have been linked to GWS midfielder Tanner Bruhn and Hawthorn’s James Worpel but any discussions are extremely preliminary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Despite his struggles this season, if we are to lose a player from our midfield it needs to be Mitchell or O'Meara. Trading a 23 year old former best and fairest winner who plays in the area of the ground we lack the most depth seems crazy.

Worps form has felt temporary all season to me. Was incredibly disappointed for him on Sunday when he was injured because I thought his response to being demoted to the VFL and game against the Dogs when he came back was super professional.

Geelong have been linked to GWS midfielder Tanner Bruhn and Hawthorn’s James Worpel but any discussions are extremely preliminary.
Geelong have no interest in Worpel, Ralph is wrong

Worpel is invested at Hawthorn and currently has no plans to leave, big fan of Mitchell and is close with the group

Keep him.

Interesting to hear him on the ABC yesterday, talking about how he'd 'become too heavy and can't get to enough contests' 'gained too much weight to compete with the really big inside mids' and part of his rehab in his shoulder injury would be increasing his endurance

Also said clarko went on too long in team meetings.

Interesting to hear him on the ABC yesterday, talking about how he'd 'become too heavy and can't get to enough contests' 'gained too much weight to compete with the really big inside mids' and part of his rehab in his shoulder injury would be increasing his endurance

Also said clarko went on too long in team meetings.
Cheers, I might go look for that interview.

There’s certainly been a lot of debates on the Hawk board about just what it is that has had him go backwards so badly, and whether he can find his 2019 form again.

Well no

Cute though you guys can use photoshop

Oh relax its just a running joke on our board.

One of our posters suggested we trade Anderson for Worpel and you can imagine how that went down.

Oh relax its just a running joke on our board.

One of our posters suggested we trade Anderson for Worpel and you can imagine how that went down.
Just Do It Shia GIF by MOODMAN

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted James Worpel [OOC 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back