Player Watch Jamie Elliott

Remove this Banner Ad

He is 31 now Jamie and it is a hard sport and hard to bounce back week after week,as people have said he got nailed a few times yesterday and if we were not in such a precarious position re injuries he may have been subbed out but not yesterday. I agree with others who say he should be managed that is 100% correct and that is what the Cats have done well and we need to do this with with Billy now.

He is 31 now Jamie and it is a hard sport and hard to bounce back week after week,as people have said he got nailed a few times yesterday and if we were not in such a precarious position re injuries he may have been subbed out but not yesterday. I agree with others who say he should be managed that is 100% correct and that is what the Cats have done well and we need to do this with with Billy now.

In a world where we don't have half our team out injured I think that's a good idea ..........it would be tough to make that call right now. The long break has come at a good time in that regard.

In a world where we didn't have an increasingly growing injury list, I'm sure he would be

Was better than Ginnivan and everyone’s rapt that he did anything at all. Billy will have better days.

Starting to think you might not be a member of the Ginni Cheer Squad TRS.

Obviously I am, but I love Jamie and he has been an outstanding footballer for us. And we know what he can do.

Ginni, on the other hand, is still a work in progress, about which some of us are very excited. We may sing his praises too loudly, but he still has a long way to go before he usurps Jamie.

Starting to think you might not be a member of the Ginni Cheer Squad TRS.

Obviously I am, but I love Jamie and he has been an outstanding footballer for us. And we know what he can do.

Ginni, on the other hand, is still a work in progress, about which some of us are very excited. We may sing his praises too loudly, but he still has a long way to go before he usurps Jamie.
I’m only comparing the two because people on here are eulogizing Billy, and yet he was several grades better than Guinea Pig yesterday.

Ginnivan is a very, very smart player but he is a sub-athlete for AFL and needs to make every post a winner to have a solid AFL career. Rightly or wrongly he will not receive the same protection from the umpires that Selwood enjoyed, so he has to adjust to that. He also has more competition from Bobby for a small forward spot now, and he has not had a great start to the season in terms of availability.

I like him and I want him to succeed, but a lot of the discussion on him ventures into “oh Ginnivan won’t just fade away, he’s not like Stephenson” and yet he has far fewer physical gifts than Stepho, and is now getting into similar misadventures. Wishing Guinea Pig into a 10-year career isn’t going to make it happen. And we don’t really know what he’s like as a person, the proof of the pudding is to be in the eating.

Happy for the usual amount of on-field antics from him, but would otherwise rather Guinea Pig’s football do the talking and not the off-field, or those wearing the rose-coloured glasses.

This may seem like bias as most know how much I like Billy but I didn't think he was that bad especially when he kicked that goal. Whether he was unwell or not, what we don't know is what injury players may be carrying. It isn't as if we have someone waiting in the background right now to replace him.

Although even with a half fit Elliott, we need him on the ground.

This may seem like bias as most know how much I like Billy but I didn't think he was that bad especially when he kicked that goal. Whether he was unwell or not, what we don't know is what injury players may be carrying. It isn't as if we have someone waiting in the background right now to replace him.

Although even with a half fit Elliott, we need him on the ground.
He had the stuffing knocked out of him a couple of times on Sunday. This season he is slightly below his usual stats, but not by much. He is hugely important to our structure as another lead-up option - especially now - not to mention forward pressure, etc. He is not going anywhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He had the stuffing knocked out of him a couple of times on Sunday. This season he is slightly below his usual stats, but not by much. He is hugely important to our structure as another lead-up option - especially now - not to mention forward pressure, etc. He is not going anywhere.
Agree.

I haven't seen the replay and I get pretty caught up in the action when watching a game but can't recall if he spent much time in the centre, to me he seemed to spend most of the time forward which is why I was also questioning if he may be carrying an injury.

He’s fine, if he was converting at his usual rate in front nobody would say a thing.
Jamie has missed an unusual amount this year. It happens. His workrate is outstanding, he is leader in out team, whatever the leadership team might suggest, and a complete player. He tackles, he chases, he marks, he presents, he does it all. Last year he nailed our position in the finals. He hasn't dropped in output, he has simply dropped in conversion rate. Thinking he is cooked because of that is ridiculous. We need to replace Jamie, his age and body would suggest there are not too many years left. Right now, no one is jumping for his place.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Jamie Elliott

Remove this Banner Ad

Back