Player Watch Jamie Elliott

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks very sore in the lower back, can’t get low at the moment. 😟

Form is a worry but you would back him in to reverse the trend.

Conditions were tough for our small forwards yesterday.
This.

He's covering the ground fine but there was one play where he was out in space and it seemed he couldn't get low enough to gather the ball off the turf and fumbled. My first thought was lower back.

He's copped some brutal hits this year and he throws his body around. He looks a little banged up.

A spell or a week off could do wonders, dropping him to the 2s isn't even on the radar for being a good decision.

This.

He's covering the ground fine but there was one play where he was out in space and it seemed he couldn't get low enough to gather the ball off the turf and fumbled. My first thought was lower back.

He's copped some brutal hits this year and he throws his body around. He looks a little banged up.

A spell or a week off could do wonders, dropping him to the 2s isn't even on the radar for being a good decision.

Yeah just list as rested for a fortnight and stop him being banged up to recover properly. Need to manage our 30 pluses.

Pendles back soon, which will off set leadership loss.

Reef to take up his role.

He was moving around in the last quarter looking dangerous so leave him in for now. When you are having a down run things tend to not go your way. Last quarter alone passed to JDG ruled not to be 15 , pass to Mitchell just outside his kicking distance. Was also big part of the play in the winning score. Think those critical of him should re-watch the last quarter

Don't know if he posted it on other socials (so I won't repost here) but he posted a picture of his face on his discord today.

Black eye and what looks to be about 5 stitches. Has copped a few knocks over the last few weeks.

I said a game or two ago that he looks out of sorts, possibly carrying an injury or condition, OP or whatever. But having watched him closer he does put in a tonne of work, quite often unrewarded.

We all know forwards of every size have down periods, ie not kicking goals for themselves. I'm backing him in to bounce back in that regard.

He’s out of sorts yes, but you don’t drop the likes of Jamie Elliot after a quiet few weeks.

His last quarter was actually quite good as well.

Absolutely agree. His average or below average game is probably still better than his replacement.

It takes a decent defender on him , He will come good. Its amazing we are winning these games with Checkers and Elliott being well down

Absolutely agree. His average or below average game is probably still better than his replacement.

It takes a decent defender on him , He will come good. Its amazing we are winning these games with Checkers and Elliott being well down
Checkers was the best tall forward on the ground on Sunday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Checkers was the best tall forward on the ground on Sunday.
Elliott and Checkers are the only ones giving us a contest inside 50 at the moment. We'd be in big trouble without either of them. Bobby, Ginni and Ash are dangerous when we get it in quick to their advantage but if the defence is set or the delivery not advantageous- they don't offer much.

Last edited:
Not playing his best footy in recent weeks, but has enough credits in the bank to be given a bit of time to come good, especially whilst we are still winning. He is also a bit of a leader and mentor on the forward line and it looks as though he might be playing sore, (carrying a niggle). I'd be backing him to come good.

I think he’s lost a yard of pace, he just isn’t getting as much of it and when he gets it his set shot kicking has gone to complete and utter shit, I think he might be close to getting dropped, could happen next week if he doesn’t improve.

Last 4 games
Round 4 13 disposals 0 goals.
R5 11 and 1
R6 11 and 0
R7 11 and 0

One goal out of the last 4 weeks from a renowned goal kicker, wonder if we should play him as a mid or even across HB with Nick now getting more midfield time, I think his forward days might be numbered.

Last edited:
I think he’s lost a yard of pace, he just isn’t getting as much of it and when he gets it his set shot kicking has gone to complete and utter s**t, I think he might be close to getting dropped, could happen next week if he doesn’t improve.

Last 4 games
Round 4 13 disposals 0 goals.
R5 11 and 1
R6 11 and 0
R7 11 and 0

One goal out of the last 4 weeks from a renowned goal kicker, wonder if we should play him as a mid or even across HB with Nick now getting more midfield time, I think his forward days might be numbered.
If I had to guess, judging by the last few weeks. He is struggling again with his back. He seamed to hurt it about 3 weeks ago and he has easily been knocked off the ball the last few weeks.

I suggested two weeks ago they give him a week off, guy tries to carry the team on his shoulders.
Did feel he contributed a bit in that last qtr last week thou.
I think Fly gives Jamie carte blanche on whether he wants to play or not, has his and the teams utmost respect.

Was very good in 2nd half today
He continues to work which will eventually turn the tide for him
He got burnt at least 2-3 times for walk in goals by horrible decisions and kicks to him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Jamie Elliott

Remove this Banner Ad

Back