Jared Petrenko

Remove this Banner Ad

well done Vader :thumbsu:

but you should cut your losses on Matty Wright while you are ahead

I reckon the coach rates him pretty highly
And so he should, given the way that Wright is performing at present.:thumbsu:

Honestly, I think people are reading waaay too much into my thoughts on Wright.

Wright has been really good so far this year. I had him penned as a good footballer who could fill the 15-22 portion of a list but he's showed some serious class and looks to be riding high on confidence at the moment.

With Petrenko, the thing I like most about him is that he makes every opposition player around him earn everything. If you want to go into a pack to get a ball with his around, you can expect to feel some pain - and quite possibly lose the ball as well! Between Petrenko, Sloane, Dangerfield and Thompson opposition midfielders would have to be thinking twice about putting their body on the line all match because they'd be getting belted every contest.

Wright has been really good so far this year. I had him penned as a good footballer who could fill the 15-22 portion of a list but he's showed some serious class and looks to be riding high on confidence at the moment.

With Petrenko, the thing I like most about him is that he makes every opposition player around him earn everything. If you want to go into a pack to get a ball with his around, you can expect to feel some pain - and quite possibly lose the ball as well! Between Petrenko, Sloane, Dangerfield and Thompson opposition midfielders would have to be thinking twice about putting their body on the line all match because they'd be getting belted every contest.

Didnt Blighty say that the form of the bottom 6 starting players is more important than the top 6 when it comes to having a tilt at a Premiership. I would be more than happy if we have a list that has Wrighty sitting in that bottom 6.

Pets !!! What a gun so far this year...exceded all my expections...well done lad !

Rowey said Pets told him on the weekend he has planter fastitis, I think that's what you call it and gets a jab a month

Rowey said Pets told him on the weekend he has planter fastitis, I think that's what you call it and gets a jab a month

it's called plantar fasciitis. Corticosteroid injections can only be done so many times before the fascia is like to ruputure completely, and that is not something you want.

Is plantar fasciitis an old condition with a new name, or is it a new problem? Does it relate to the boots that the players are wearing or something else? There seem to be quite a number of players with PF.

We have at least three players with plantar faciitis, Rutten, Dangerfield and Petrenko. It is the new osteitis pubis which has mysteriously disappeared from the footy landscape. It could be caused by overtraining but the jury is still out on that. My theory is that it is caused by boxing and wrestling.

Is plantar fasciitis an old condition with a new name, or is it a new problem? Does it relate to the boots that the players are wearing or something else? There seem to be quite a number of players with PF.

Dont know if the incidence is any higher or not but it's certainly nothing new. Pretty common amongst athletes. Maybe less specific injury reports just refer to heel or foot injuries. Essentially is an overuse injury but directly related to over-pronation so ill-fitting or non-supportive footwear can be a factor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont know if the incidence is any higher or not but it's certainly nothing new. Pretty common amongst athletes. Maybe less specific injury reports just refer to heel or foot injuries. Essentially is an overuse injury but directly related to over-pronation so ill-fitting or non-supportive footwear can be a factor.

I had foot problems when I was younger and whilst I'm sure it's now changed somewhat, my podiatrist absolutely despised footy boots. Thought they were a decade behind any other form of sports related footwear and held them responsible for a huge amount of heel and general foot problems.

Didnt Blighty say that the form of the bottom 6 starting players is more important than the top 6 when it comes to having a tilt at a Premiership. I would be more than happy if we have a list that has Wrighty sitting in that bottom 6.

I always assumed that Blight meant that you know a team is good if quality players are still only the 17th or 18th best players at your club.

I always remember Psalm 23 v4 when I am in Port Adelaide at night.......

and The last part of Psalms 45 v1 when I visit the bay.......

and Song of Solomon 4 v3-5 after a candle it dinner and some red wine....

We have at least three players with plantar faciitis, Rutten, Dangerfield and Petrenko. It is the new osteitis pubis which has mysteriously disappeared from the footy landscape. It could be caused by overtraining but the jury is still out on that. My theory is that it is caused by boxing and wrestling.

if that is true, it is terrible news. Based on previous experience (Chris Knights effectively lost a year?) we can expect to lose all of them this year for an extended period.

there goes our injury-free run

Remove this Banner Ad

Jared Petrenko

Remove this Banner Ad

Back