Jared Polec

Remove this Banner Ad

Still think pick 10 is fair, straight up. Nothing extra from either side.

How many of the past pick 10’s judging only from a minimum of guys that were drafted up until 2013 as it’s still early to call for after that would you trade pick 10 for?

Look em up. Exclude f/s we could not have drafted.

I think you would be surprised

2010-2013 it was gorringe, freeman Menzel , sumner. I’m sure there will be a good player eventually if you keep going back but they’ll be bookended by more of the same failures.

So you’re saying you acknowledge the club is piss weak and will just rollover and accept what north offer and not get the actual value of one of our best players after a career best year ?

No. Im saying that two first rounders is not true value of Polec. People are looking at it emotionally. Expecting two first rounders is just going to lead to unnecessary disappointment due to unrealistic expectations. If it happens, incredible. But its not going to happen.

No. Im saying that two first rounders is not true value of Polec. People are looking at it emotionally. Expecting two first rounders is just going to lead to unnecessary disappointment due to unrealistic expectations. If it happens, incredible. But its not going to happen.

There offering him 750 over 5 years, first pick is 10 (12 after compo and academy picks) and want a pick back, that’s two firsts every day.

Just for interest, who did the Bombers draft with the first rounder we gave them for Ryder, Suns with Dixon?

We have Pittard to show for losing Burgoyne in his prime.

The reality is that a player the quality and contract offer of Polec is worth two first round selections. Let’s not forget the first round won’t finish until at least pick 19, so something in the order of pick 10 plus next years first with the Saints pick 21 that we hold back in exchange would be very reasonable and should be the expectation.

Having said that you are no doubt right. This feeble club will let Polec walk for unders and claim a big win for reasons.

Essendon got Langford and Cooney.

Gold Coast got AhChee and Fiorini

Port fans think he's worth more, North fans think he's worth less. The truth is usually somewhere in the middle.

Port fans think he's worth more, North fans think he's worth less. The truth is usually somewhere in the middle.

If both parties had the same information yes

But they don’t

North fans are forming their opinions not knowing port or Polec. These are the same guys who didn’t think Burgoyne was more than a b-grade player before hawthorn, probably rate Ben Brown as the equal of Tredrea etc. the majority of people outside sa are exposed to the Vic media bubble that pumps up Vic players or in sa are exposed to the crows ambassadors.

These are the same guys that on the main board rate 30 Victorian mids better than Robbie gray and would not know Tom jonas or clurey from a bar of soap.

You only have to witness this years wank over impey doing exactly what he did at port to know what I’m talking about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon got Langford and Cooney.

Gold Coast got AhChee and Fiorini

We paid a high price for both those targets in the situations they were available at and we still won both trades easily.

No person in their right mind would consider a ah Chee or Langford swap for Polec as reasonable.

Which is why we need to come out of this trade with 2 picks from north.

Polec is a proven quality AFL player and is worth more than pick 10. I dont think we will get two first round picks for him but we should push for and get 10 and a player. Certainly nothing going back the other way.

If we have a mid first I definitely think a polec is worth another late first or early second.

Or a very high first from those clubs interested.

I just hate Priority Picks, it doesn’t help anyone! Just increases the desire of self entitlement....

Probably is but North also need points to bid on Tarryn Thomas for this year. Some seemingly pointless pick swap like their 2019 second for our 2018 second may help complete the deal. No one loses but it puts North in a better draft position. And if we could somehow wangle their 2019 first for St Kilda's second all the better, but I don't believe that would happen. Two reasons, 1. North wouldn't entertain it and 2. We try so hard to be the nice club that we're more likely to bend over backward than be ruthless at the trade table.

Probably is but North also need points to bid on Tarryn Thomas for this year. Some seemingly pointless pick swap like their 2019 second for our 2018 second may help complete the deal. No one loses but it puts North in a better draft position. And if we could somehow wangle their 2019 first for St Kilda's second all the better, but I don't believe that would happen. Two reasons, 1. North wouldn't entertain it and 2. We try so hard to be the nice club that we're more likely to bend over backward than be ruthless at the trade table.
If North are desperate for points then they can talk to other clubs and offer up next years picks or players to them in separate trades.

It's not in Ports interests to solve North Melbournes problems.

If they give Brisbane one I'll spew up

We got pick 28 for what ? 5 wins across 2 years and had to give that pick up to trade for a kid with the bloodlines of two port royal families.

Meanwhile every premiership winner of the past decade was founded on multiple start of draft priority picks, cola or insanely lopsided father son rules that gifted them first round picks for 3rd rounders.

****ing afl.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jared Polec

Remove this Banner Ad

Back