Jared Polec

Remove this Banner Ad

Prepare to be disappointed.
I said what's fair, not what I expect our trade 'geniuses' to concoct.

hqdefault.jpg

2 firsts with picks going back is overs and unreasonable. It is a view only supported by maybe 2 people in this forum.

I’ve always said the Dixon trade of 10+28 is the measure.

I’m 100% convinced we would have to give up a first and second for Polec if we were trading him in this year, and we have paid 1st and 2nds for recently traded in players Dixon and Ryder.

If we got a sole pick it would be weak on behalf of our club. Players have always attracted a higher price when they’ve shown they can play over a draft lottery pick that could be anything. Hence why extra picks have often been added unless they are already a high pick ie Prestia getting 6.

Dixon was an injury prone forward so played no more than 16 games a year, Polec hasn’t had an injury for what, best part 3 years now.

A first and second was given up for both Dixon and Ryder, why should we be accepting less for Polec, one of our most valuable players ?

Given that North will want points for Thomas you can forget a first and second, which given previous trades and the money on offer for Polec would be unders for us.

Not only will we get a sole pick, the talk is giving one back, for one of the best Wingman in the comp.

Two first for Polly and 27 is fair and is at least we be giving up to get him to Port.

Would be good if GC were interested in polec with a big money offer. That lachie Weller trade has really messed with everyones trade hypotheticals, 2 first rounders getting bandied around for polec is just silly but when you weigh it up with the Weller trade its about right.

Crows also did well out of the lever trade, 2 firsts? Did that actually happen?

The Charlie Cameron trade should be a good reference point. Pick 12.

Comparing polec with the dixon trade is also dumb. Dixon might not have showed it this year but is worth a lot more than Polec.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Comparing polec with the dixon trade is also dumb. Dixon might not have showed it this year but is worth a lot more than Polec.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

At the time Dixon had only kicked more than 30 odd goals once in his career, had disciplinary action against him, gcs wanted him out of the club, and he hadn’t played more than 16 games in a season in his career and his ankles were shot. He wasn’t worth more then at all. Not even close.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we undervalue our own? What were we hoping Jared would become over here? I know if he were still at Brisbane and he said he’d join us for 5 years @ 600k I’d be fine with that and we are going to lose him for a pick upgrade? We shouldn’t send anything back to North, no other club would.

At the time Dixon had only kicked more than 30 odd goals once in his career, had disciplinary action against him, gcs wanted him out of the club, and he hadn’t played more than 16 games in a season in his career and his ankles were shot. He wasn’t worth more then at all. Not even close.
Dixon is also a big strong KPF that don't exactly grow on trees, Polec is an outside receiving wingman. Hypothetically, if Polec wanted out and didn't care where he went at the end of 2015 and GC were offering a straight swap of Dixon for Polec we would've done that trade in a heartbeat.

I reckon North's first pick is a fair trade for all parties.

One thing our cross town rivals have turned into an artform is completely overrating every single one of their players that is up for a trade, to the point where even their ambassadors in the media come up with hypothetical trades that are so far beyond belief they're comical. But then as soon as they're gone they're absolute garbage in their eyes. Lever is the prime example, he was worth pick 1 and 2 last year only for him to become a poor man's Doedee as soon as he became a Demon.

I'd prefer not to head down that path and just be realistic in what we should expect for Polec.

I reckon North's first pick is a fair trade for all parties.

One thing our cross town rivals have turned into an artform is completely overrating every single one of their players that is up for a trade, to the point where even their ambassadors in the media come up with hypothetical trades that are so far beyond belief they're comical. But then as soon as they're gone they're absolute garbage in their eyes. Lever is the prime example, he was worth pick 1 and 2 last year only for him to become a poor man's Doedee as soon as he became a Demon.

I'd prefer not to head down that path and just be realistic in what we should expect for Polec.

You mean doing everything they can to start negotiations in their favour?

Polly isn't two firsts, but that should damn sure be what we initially ask for. It means we can eventually step back and accept 28 & 11 instead (which is probably right about fair).

Instead we are in a situation where braindead Norf supporters think their pick 11 is so special they need Polly AND more for it. The cows are a joke of an organisation and you won't see me argue against that, but they wouldn't have put themselves in this situation.

No, im just a realist

Just for interest, who did the Bombers draft with the first rounder we gave them for Ryder, Suns with Dixon?

We have Pittard to show for losing Burgoyne in his prime.

The reality is that a player the quality and contract offer of Polec is worth two first round selections. Let’s not forget the first round won’t finish until at least pick 19, so something in the order of pick 10 plus next years first with the Saints pick 21 that we hold back in exchange would be very reasonable and should be the expectation.

Having said that you are no doubt right. This feeble club will let Polec walk for unders and claim a big win for reasons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jared Polec

Remove this Banner Ad

Back