Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls

Remove this Banner Ad

I said after draft camp that he would go top 10, he is the most explosive player in the draft. Will need time to develop though.

I umpired this kid many times even gave him a red card once but thats a different story. Kid Certainly is talented and has good pace and good skills but is very soft Similar to Fiora. I would of Certainly never thought he would of been picked up from his form in Junior Football but from waht i have seen in the WAFL he is very talented.

Oaks was a great player for East Perth colts this season and got into the colts team of the year. Played league football with the league side in the later stages of the year.

Played through the midfield and loves carrying the ball, usually was dropped a kick behind play and swept across half back. His pace is an asset and he has smooth silky skills added to the flair that most Aboriginal players have. Doesnt like to handball the footy prefers to kick it long but if needed he can handball it.

Only problem is he has a very small frame which in the AFL might be exposed but he copped the hits in league and colts so im sure he is more then up for it.

Great kid in general aswell.

Treasurer said:
But Coasting is Right Certainly won't set the World on fire when he starts playing Senior footy will need 3 years i reckon.

Do you think he could start in the FP/HFF?

Saw footage of his carnival. He had a good old-fashioned UNDERCUT.

Great to see. I'm tired of all this mohawk, mullet nonsense. Bring back the undercut, the worst hair style EVER.

Undercut + Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls = Good for Football

La Vache said:
Saw footage of his carnival. He had a good old-fashioned UNDERCUT.

Great to see. I'm tired of all this mohawk, mullet nonsense. Bring back the undercut, the worst hair style EVER.

Undercut + Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls = Good for Football
LMAO, that was very funny hair cut but doesnt have it any more, should get it back and he'll be a Richmond cult figure as well as AFL no matter if he makes it or not.

coasting said:
I said after draft camp that he would go top 10, he is the most explosive player in the draft. Will need time to develop though.

Probably less than you might think though. He won't need heaps of physical development because we won't play him in the traffic anyway.

Richmond won't ask him to win his own footy, just park him in the BP and get him to run the ball out of defence. Or park him out on a wing and switch play through him.

He is one of those guys who is probably better suited to AFL footy than he is to state league footy. The kind who will play better for Richmond than he could at Coburg. The fast running, fast moving, zonal type football in the AFL will suit him perfectly.

Weaver said:
Probably less than you might think though. He won't need heaps of physical development because we won't play him in the traffic anyway.

Richmond won't ask him to win his own footy, just park him in the BP and get him to run the ball out of defence. Or park him out on a wing and switch play through him.

He is one of those guys who is probably better suited to AFL footy than he is to state league footy. The kind who will play better for Richmond than he could at Coburg. The fast running, fast moving, zonal type football in the AFL will suit him perfectly.

Bingo ;)

Coughlan said:
LMAO, that was very funny hair cut but doesnt have it any more, should get it back and he'll be a Richmond cult figure as well as AFL no matter if he makes it or not.

Gutted

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont mean to alarm Richmond people but if I was to pick a player who might want to come home, JOK would be the one (closey followed by Mitch Clarke).

I dont think he will like Melb and he is very, how can I put it, homely. I get the feeling he isnt very well traveled and doesnt have a whole lot of life experience. He will need alot of help adjusting. I also saw his family on the news, it is a big family.

theorangeapple said:
I dont mean to alarm Richmond people but if I was to pick a player who might want to come home, JOK would be the one (closey followed by Mitch Clarke).

Can't think of any players Richmond has lost to homesickness. Peter Wilson left because we were rubbish, Merenda because he was a cripple. Probably have to go back to the 80s almost and someone like Rob Wiley.

With our record we'll take our chances.

Weaver said:
Can't think of any players Richmond has lost to homesickness. Peter Wilson left because we were rubbish, Merenda because he was a cripple. Probably have to go back to the 80s almost and someone like Rob Wiley.

With our record we'll take our chances.

I wasnt refering to Richmond's ability to keep players. My comment was based on the various articles and news reports over here in the west. He comes across very neive. He had WCE bed sheets that 6 year olds use. He said he was happy going to Melb because it would be 'fun'. I wouldnt be suprised if the only time he has been outside WA was for the u18 champs.

theorangeapple said:
I wasnt refering to Richmond's ability to keep players. My comment was based on the various articles and news reports over here in the west. He comes across very neive. He had WCE bed sheets that 6 year olds use. He said he was happy going to Melb because it would be 'fun'. I wouldnt be suprised if the only time he has been outside WA was for the u18 champs.

And he obviously enjoyed it if he thinks VIC will be fun ;)

theorangeapple said:

Nah, no big deal. If he wants to make it, I'm sure he is professional and mature enough to overcome this (doesn't even sound like he doesn't want to leave anyway, so I don't see the big deal).

BTW, article about McKinley in today's Age. He has a bombers curtain in front of his bedroom door. And the contents of his room "the equivalent of an Essendon merchandise shop", seem to suggest the same immaturity.

What about the quote from his dad "We're such a close family that I almost, I mean I shouldn't say this, but I almost wish he didn't get drafted."

Should we be concerned by this?

Rich01 said:
Nah, no big deal. If he wants to make it, I'm sure he is professional and mature enough to overcome this (doesn't even sound like he doesn't want to leave anyway, so I don't see the big deal).

BTW, article about McKinley in today's Age. He has a bombers curtain in front of his bedroom door. And the contents of his room "the equivalent of an Essendon merchandise shop", seem to suggest the same immaturity.

The actual material posessions isnt the issue. It was how he came across. Very neive, I dont think he new what he was in for. McKinley is the complete opposite, very articulate, very intelligent, almost too confident. He knew what he was in for. In many ways I would rather that so that he comes across prepared as opposed thinking it will be 'fun'.

Rich01 said:
What about the quote from his dad "We're such a close family that I almost, I mean I shouldn't say this, but I almost wish he didn't get drafted."

Should we be concerned by this?

I think Ben could have handled it much better. He has been drafted to an awesome club, awesome facilities, awesome players, awesome player welfare staff, awesome coach. The way he was talking you would have thought he had been drafted to the dockers or something :p

And also, Ben isnt critical to our future. He was only pick 29, if he turns out to be a bust, its not a huge deal. I think JON is much more important to your side future than McKinley is to ours.

theorangeapple said:

Douglas >>> Tigers
Hurn >>>> Crows
Oakley-Nichols >>> Eagles

How about it?

theorangeapple said:
And also, Ben isnt critical to our future. He was only pick 29, if he turns out to be a bust, its not a huge deal. I think JON is much more important to your side future than McKinley is to ours.

I think his goal kicking attributes will be vital as a forward option for the eagles in the future. If not, why draft the forward? Why not go for a Lucy who will fill the FB hole for you? My point is, why draft the player if you can't see him slotting into the side? It's just drafting for drafting's sake otherwise.

As for JON, you may be right. I'm glad you rate him. Looking forward to seeing him play in Tiger colours.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls

Remove this Banner Ad

Back