Toast Jarryd Lyons

Remove this Banner Ad

"86" is a term that is used in the American popular culture to mean throw out or get rid of, particularly in the food service industry as a term to describe an item no longer available on the menu

While you're at it, can you let me know what 96 would have meant.

did anyone read the article on Lyons in afc.com.au?

doesn't sound like a player with no idea why he isn't getting picked.

sounds more like a guy who knows his short comings and is working hard to get there, good luck to him, I reckon he's a prospect, be interesting how that pans out!!!

Interesting article.
I find it strange that he needed to find outside help to assist with his strength & conditioning. You would think in an AFL environment, that would alreday be there.
I hope he stays in the team for the rest of the season, he just seems to be a very smart footballer.

Sometimes you need a second opinion or a second voice, somebody you connect with

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lyons was very disappointing on Saturday.

Missed a very kickable goal, he must be dropped and delisted.
Played less than 1 quarter of football (23% game time) after coming on as sub and had 9 touches, 3 inside 50's, kicked 2.1 and 1 goal assist....Not a bad effort really.

Yep, and I didn't see him even get a touch in the first three qtrs

Or comb, gel and part his hair, pack his bags, brush his teeth, pull up his trousers and buckle them, wipe his um....nose, tie up his shoelaces, cook the evening meal and wipe the dishes, all the while waiting patiently for his first mark to come to him! Come on Danger, do some mentoring!

Or comb, gel and part his hair, pack his bags, brush his teeth, pull up his trousers and buckle them, wipe his um....nose, tie up his shoelaces, cook the evening meal and wipe the dishes, all the while waiting patiently for his first mark to come to him! Come on Danger, do some mentoring!

Maybe Danger could take Charlie Cameron to see his hairdresser ?

did anyone read the article on Lyons in afc.com.au?

doesn't sound like a player with no idea why he isn't getting picked.

sounds more like a guy who knows his short comings and is working hard to get there, good luck to him, I reckon he's a prospect, be interesting how that pans out!!!

A guy that addresses his shortcomings is one worth keeping not trading. We have plenty that think it will just happen, there the ones that aren't interested in addressing them or may not have the ability to know how to.

Played less than 1 quarter of football (23% game time) after coming on as sub and had 9 touches, 3 inside 50's, kicked 2.1 and 1 goal assist....Not a bad effort really.
& he was lining up off a hbf!

Ps. Jack was being sarcastic ;)

& he was lining up off a hbf!

Ps. Jack was being sarcastic ;)

I was expecting an entertaining dissertation from Northern Leporidae outlining what a grand game was played by number 7 on Saturday night.

Lyon is in a no win position with the old guard (which seems to include the selectors). If he comes on in the last quarter and has no influence on the game then it proves that he shouldn't be in the 21. If he lights things up (10 possessions in a quarter, 2 goals, 1 goal assist) then it was junk time.

After failing to have an impact all season as an outside midfielder (please don't play him on Gaff again Campo), vB was reinvented in the space of a week in the SANFL as a running defender. Suddenly he is in front of Cheney who has been excellent this year except when we ask him to play on a giant.

I can accept watching Jarryd in the twos (he will be dropped after this match when our twos are finished) if he is replaced by Kerridge or Grigg but I just get angry watching him in the green with Vb now reinventing the non-accountable, non-statistical defender role.

It's amazing that our team hasn't fallen apart without all the non-statistical contributions from Wrighty and DMac.

Oh well, in the words of Meat Loaf......................................

Brisbane's transition was terrible Saturday. They pushed up but made no effort to run back to defence allowing a few of our blokes to find space deep in our forward line way too easily. JJ exposed them badly for this and Lyons clearly twigged to it as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Jarryd Lyons

Remove this Banner Ad

Back