Draft Profile Jaryd Cachia

Remove this Banner Ad

Doesn't really have a heap of class. He's more of your old bash and crash type. It's not necessarily a weakness, because you need those sorts of players, but it's probably not something recruiters look for as much these days. I keep hearing that he's a handy athlete, but he doesn't look too 'footy quick' to me.

Physically strong now, but will his game convert to playing against other physically strong men? He does well at junior level because he's so much stronger than most of his opponents, but I wonder if he has the scope to do as well when he's playing against similarly strong blokes.
Fair call, would have to agree with most of that.

__aria__ said:
its pretty clear that footyfan97 is jaryd cachia
That thought has crossed my mind too, but I don't think it is. But there's a lot of love there!

Might be time to ease off a little bit on the Cachia talk footyfan97 as you seemed to be getting a little bit too excited. Cachia didn't actually hold that mark your referring to against Xavier, but does have a great leap, and I think you will find he ran in the U17's as a year 10 not the open age race. However I do agree with you that his greatest weakness is his temper, but it is also his greatest strength when harnessed in the right manner. As previously pointed out Jaryd has plenty to pace to burn once he gets going but isn't as quick off the mark, having realised this Pagan has very smartly taken him out of the midfield and placed him on the back flank where he can use his long driving kick, pace to run and carry and his athleticism to spoil his opponents. I would be very surprised if he wasn't at the very least rookie listed but am expected to see him drafted in 40's. My mail is Collingwood were having a look, not the dogs

Might be time to ease off a little bit on the Cachia talk footyfan97 as you seemed to be getting a little bit too excited. Cachia didn't actually hold that mark your referring to against Xavier, but does have a great leap, and I think you will find he ran in the U17's as a year 10 not the open age race. However I do agree with you that his greatest weakness is his temper, but it is also his greatest strength when harnessed in the right manner. As previously pointed out Jaryd has plenty to pace to burn once he gets going but isn't as quick off the mark, having realised this Pagan has very smartly taken him out of the midfield and placed him on the back flank where he can use his long driving kick, pace to run and carry and his athleticism to spoil his opponents. I would be very surprised if he wasn't at the very least rookie listed but am expected to see him drafted in 40's. My mail is Collingwood were having a look, not the dogs

yeh i agree i do need to lay off. with the mark against xavier i know he didnt mark it but he did get pushed in the back and should of been payed a free kick. Interesting point about him going to collingwood..

Josh Purcell- Goes to st.kevins and plays at Oakligh chargers. is a very good athlete. his best asset is his speed and leap how ever he does have very poor kicking skills. Josh has very good leadership qualities, he is the deputy school captain at st.kevins college and captain of the 1st XVIII and was the captain of the A.P.S 1st XVIII. He has played for victoria in under 12's, 15's, 16's and 18's. In this years carnival he played at full back on the highly rated vic country full forward John Butcher giving away 10 cm in heigh and 5 kgs. He conceeded 3 goals and this was seen as a good effort. He was in the best for vic metro in 2 of the 5 games.

Dylan Buckley- The son of former carlton player Jimmy Buckley and seems destined to go the the blues in the 2011 draft. he is pretty much the full package with not many flaws to his game has great pace good hands and a great kick on both sides of his body. Was captain of vic metro under 16s this yr and from all reports had a very good carnival. Saw him play a game for the northern knights in the tac cup competition late this yr against the dandenong stingrays and was quite lively kicking 2 goals although it should have been 3. Has been invtied into the A.I.S 30 man squad of the best 17 yr olds in the country commencing after grand final day.

Dylan Conway- playing at the western jets with one more year left. Dylan has a big body and has a great pair of hands however there are some question marks over his speed and kicking. had a standout under 16 championships for vic metro last yr being in the best for almost every game and being very unlucky not to make A.I.S. Has been some talk about him going to the Gold coast as one of their 17 yr old signings.

Jacob Thompson- Calder cannons captain and is also the nephew of Mark thompson. he is a great mark for someone of his size and is also a lovely kick. hasnt got great pace but i don't think this matters in jacobs position as he has great football smarts and knows where to find the ball. Has been on tac furute stars the last 2 weeks and seems to have a good head on his shoulders. Looks like a rookie draft possibility.

Josh Purcell- Goes to st.kevins and plays at Oakligh chargers. is a very good athlete. his best asset is his speed and leap how ever he does have very poor kicking skills. Josh has very good leadership qualities, he is the deputy school captain at st.kevins college and captain of the 1st XVIII and was the captain of the A.P.S 1st XVIII. He has played for victoria in under 12's, 15's, 16's and 18's. In this years carnival he played at full back on the highly rated vic country full forward John Butcher giving away 10 cm in heigh and 5 kgs. He conceeded 3 goals and this was seen as a good effort. He was in the best for vic metro in 2 of the 5 games.

Dylan Buckley- The son of former carlton player Jimmy Buckley and seems destined to go the the blues in the 2011 draft. he is pretty much the full package with not many flaws to his game has great pace good hands and a great kick on both sides of his body. Was captain of vic metro under 16s this yr and from all reports had a very good carnival. Saw him play a game for the northern knights in the tac cup competition late this yr against the dandenong stingrays and was quite lively kicking 2 goals although it should have been 3. Has been invtied into the A.I.S 30 man squad of the best 17 yr olds in the country commencing after grand final day.

Dylan Conway- playing at the western jets with one more year left. Dylan has a big body and has a great pair of hands however there are some question marks over his speed and kicking. had a standout under 16 championships for vic metro last yr being in the best for almost every game and being very unlucky not to make A.I.S. Has been some talk about him going to the Gold coast as one of their 17 yr old signings.

Jacob Thompson- Calder cannons captain and is also the nephew of Mark thompson. he is a great mark for someone of his size and is also a lovely kick. hasnt got great pace but i don't think this matters in jacobs position as he has great football smarts and knows where to find the ball. Has been on tac furute stars the last 2 weeks and seems to have a good head on his shoulders. Looks like a rookie draft possibility.
Good work man. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i don't care what you have to say but jaryd will go to either collingwood, western bulldogs, north melbourne or adelaide.

and i am not a friend, manager or even jaryd cachia i have never even met him.

i don't care what you have to say but jaryd will go to either collingwood, western bulldogs, north melbourne or adelaide.

In a sense mate, that turns your posts from just generally sus to outright creepy.

(I'm joking).

funny you say that because in some of your posts over the months in the libba and wallis thread it says you went to school at st. kevins, which is the same as cachia.

but i'm on your side mate i hope he goes places because he has worked hard for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft Profile Jaryd Cachia

Remove this Banner Ad

Back