Traded Jason Horne-Francis [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Are GWS looking to use picks 3, 12, 15, 18 and 19 purely for the draft? Or do they want to get some players in via trade?

Maybe we could upgrade pick 33 or 43 for one those later picks and offer up Byrne-Jones or Bonner?

We genuinely need to trade away a player for 2nd round. Can't see it happening another way.

Hayes, Drew, Bonner, DBJ, Farrell. DBJ with most value in that lot perhaps as an All-Australian and club BnF although he was off it best this year. I know he just resigned but yeah either him or Drew

In all seriousness North have actually done fine out of this deal. So have West Coast. GWS showed up, bent over and handed over the lube to make it work for everyone else, and I salute them for it.
Yeah I think north have done well. What more can you hope for to get for a player that wants out than a similar pick + a future 1st on top. That’s a good deal.

Also west coast, despite people knocking them to get out of pick 2 and the private school vic boys and into hewett territory , whose not far behind, if at all those vic boys plus get another pick. That’s good for them.

Ports given up a lot, but the fact we get future 2nds and 3rds back helps a lot,

In the end rozee butters jhf Bergman sinn to look forward too in our midfield.

I really rate that group of players as a future midfield. High end young talent there.

C'mon Crows.
I know we've been fobbing you off for the past year, and yes, a few of your posters are among the most insufferable people I've encountered on this website.
(Indeed, the only time I've been suspended from this website was after I got carried away in an exchange with Crows supporters about North and JHF.)
But finally our two tribes have a mutual concern, and we'd be foolish to waste this opportunity at a reconciliation.

Let's make Port look imbeciles at the trade table.

What are you prepared to pay for Jason?
2023 1st and m crouch or ben davis

Trading for pick 1 and trading for someone who was pick 1 are two different things.

Pick 1 could be anyone.
JHF is JHF. A disgruntled kid, average attitude who put up a unspectacular season.

Port will be backing themselves that any attitude issues won’t be an issue. The talent is there and Port will be desperate to land him.

Who knows what happens in 12 months - Port won’t want to roll the dice.

Both have shown more than JHF and neither want to leave.
I'm enjoying a nice public holiday today so I'm not going to kill my vibe by explaining to Crows fans why they need JHF.
They've got the mother of megathreads if they need reminding.

I think its the best thing for the league if Port and Jason don't get what they want here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

C'mon Crows.
I know we've been fobbing you off for the past year, and yes, a few of your posters are among the most insufferable people I've encountered on this website.
(Indeed, the only time I've been suspended from this website was after I got carried away in an exchange with Crows supporters about North and JHF.)
But finally our two tribes have a mutual concern, and we'd be foolish to waste this opportunity at a reconciliation.

Let's make Port look imbeciles at the trade table.

What are you prepared to pay for Jason?
Crows will be using pick 5 on Rankine so we have less to offer you than port have.

End of the day north just need to hold their ground here and I think they will..

Port either pony up their 2022 amd 2023 1st and a very good young vic player that is on their list or North should tell them “see ya next year”..

Whats to lose for North?..

They will still be getting two firsts in any trade for him next year anyway…

And its not like port will be wooden spooners and have the PSD to fall back on next year.

Crows will finish lower in 2023 than port do.. and they would take JHF in the PSD if it came to that.. (so there will be no leverage there for port).

just as port would take Rankine in an instant if he ended up in the PSD they had a pick before the crows regardless of the fact rankine has said “no way I’d play for you” to port..

Port have no power in this trade.. and still wont next year either.. they will hve even less than the crows do with Rankine this year..

TBH I wouldn't mind if they got him for less that what Port offer on principle.
Its ridiculous that JHF, a 19 year old in contract, can simultaneously say he is homesick AND nominate a club.
If he wants to go back to Adelaide, he shouldn't be the one deciding which club it is.
It's crazy how this works aye. We get laughed at everytime we say something like 'there's 10 clubs in Victoria player x shouldn't get to nominate.'

But it is what it is.

Crows will be using pick 5 on Rankine so we have less to offer you than port have.

End of the day north just need to hold their ground here and I think they will..

Port either pony up their 2022 amd 2023 1st and a very good young vic player that is on their list or North should tell them “see ya next year”..

And its not like port will be wooden spooners and have the PSD to fall back on next year.

Crows will finish lower in 2023 than port do.. and they would take JHF in the PSD if it came to that.. (so there will be no leverage there for port).

just as port would take Rankine in an instant if he ended up in the PSD they had a pick before the crows regardless of the fact rankine has said “no way I’d play for you” to port..

Port have no power in this trade.. and still wont next year either.. they will hve even less than the crows do with Rankine this year..
Could potentially lose him for nothing if he walks to the draft. Sure JHF loses out big time if Port don't finish bottom but so does North by getting nothing from a #1 draft pick.

You say port have no power next year but next year port goes we offer you 1 first rounder no more or less, you think north will say no and send him to the PSD to be picked up by crows or port for free? No way they do that. North have no power next year. They can’t keep him again if a deal isn’t made. Delusional to think he will be worth 2 first rounders next year

Could potentially lose him for nothing if he walks to the draft. Sure JHF loses out big time if Port don't finish bottom but so does North by getting nothing from a #1 draft pick.
Walk him to the PSD?

Was wondering when this old chestnut would surface!!

Could..

But north might also have pick 1 in next years PSD..

So might another team..

So might the crows

Will JHF take the risk?

Sure perhaps a bit of recency but nonetheless.

I don't have a dog inhis fight, I reckon port is every chance to have a prety good year next year as well. I wouldn't be pleased getting pick 8 and pick 14 next year in norths shoes.

There wouldn't be a club in the land not happy to part with this and next year's first for JHF. Losing him is going to hurt at North, reckon Port needs to hurt a bit too.
Well first of all I appreciate your optimism, finishing top four is as likely as Ken Hinkley learning to game day coach. So I look at it as two top ten picks, still in the sweet spot for the draft, and points wise still overs. I don’t think hurt should be a consideration really, fair and equitable for all parties concerned is all that’s needed.

This JHF call must have been a really late one by him. Like last week.

Port have had two swings and two misses with Dunkley and Graham. Got Rioli to commit.

THEN JHF nominated them!

If Port knew that was the case they wouldnt have bothered chasing anyone else but him, he could be that good.

You say port have no power next year but next year port goes we offer you 1 first rounder no more or less, you think north will say no and send him to the PSD to be picked up by crows or port for free? No way they do that. North have no power next year. They can’t keep him again if a deal isn’t made. Delusional to think he will be worth 2 first rounders next year
Port will offer two first for him next year too.

You have tried to lure players in contract for years. If he wants to come to Port he'll end up at Port. The only question is whether you want it to be for 2.5 firsts this year or 1 first next year.

North position in this is pretty weak - albeit he is contracted. Clearly doesn’t want to be there and not a good influence on their group

North will draw a line under their sh”tshow after JHF and Clarkson sorted and start to rebuild the club.

I do think a player will go as well - but no one too high end. Unfortunately for him I suspect Bergman will be under pressure to go along with the two firsts.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

TBH I wouldn't mind if they got him for less that what Port offer on principle.
Its ridiculous that JHF, a 19 year old in contract, can simultaneously say he is homesick AND nominate a club.
If he wants to go back to Adelaide, he shouldn't be the one deciding which club it is.

Yep, just like Henry and Bruhn didnt nominate one club hey?

Whats the issue anyway, Crows have commited to Rankin and dont have the draft capital to beat a Port offer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jason Horne-Francis [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back