Traded Jason Horne-Francis [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Are GWS looking to use picks 3, 12, 15, 18 and 19 purely for the draft? Or do they want to get some players in via trade?

Maybe we could upgrade pick 33 or 43 for one those later picks and offer up Byrne-Jones or Bonner?

We genuinely need to trade away a player for 2nd round. Can't see it happening another way.

Hayes, Drew, Bonner, DBJ, Farrell. DBJ with most value in that lot perhaps as an All-Australian and club BnF although he was off it best this year. I know he just resigned but yeah either him or Drew

In all seriousness North have actually done fine out of this deal. So have West Coast. GWS showed up, bent over and handed over the lube to make it work for everyone else, and I salute them for it.
Yeah I think north have done well. What more can you hope for to get for a player that wants out than a similar pick + a future 1st on top. That’s a good deal.

Also west coast, despite people knocking them to get out of pick 2 and the private school vic boys and into hewett territory , whose not far behind, if at all those vic boys plus get another pick. That’s good for them.

Ports given up a lot, but the fact we get future 2nds and 3rds back helps a lot,

In the end rozee butters jhf Bergman sinn to look forward too in our midfield.

I really rate that group of players as a future midfield. High end young talent there.

I think all that is a pretty fair assessment
And it's part of the reason, I don't see JHF traded in this trade period.

North will demand crazy overs because he is contracted.

This is why if I was crows or power, I rather wait until 2023.

North will demand 2 1st rounders in which one will be a top 5 pick. It won't happen.

You are more likely for a saints trade for Brad Hill to happen.

As an example.

Brad Hill and 2020 3rd

For.....

Blake Acres, pick 10, pick 58, 2020 Future 2nd , 2020 future 4th

Wouldn't matter what type of year he had, the SA clubs' interest in him wouldn't have changed at all. They've probably been sniffing around all year.

LOL at any SA fans talking the value down.

I guess you're paying 2 firsts for Dunkley?

The point is its an unknown vs a known. Iirc you guys have burnt 1sts on players like butcher, pittard, moore before

Is JHF anymore known than last year? Has he shown anything that has made you think, yeah, he's definitely pick 1 worthy? Daicos has had the best year of an 18 year old ever. JHF is matching it with guys taken in the second round.

I'm not going to profess to knowing more about the Crows list than their supporters around here do, and I'm happy to be corrected, but it seems to me they could really do with a young explosive mid.

Clubs generally try to trade in a way that makes them better. Trading Rachelle and 23 makes them worse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going to be brutally honest here. I think a couple of 1st rounders for JHF would be fair.

Offering pick 8 and a future 1st and even a player would be too much.

I am curious where port will finish next season.

Because if Port Adelaide don't make finals next season, I reckon pick 8 and 26 and a future 2nd could be enough.

Hell I think pick 8, 26 and a future 2nd should be enough.

Again.... If crows trade pick 5 for Rankin and crows still finish bottom 4 or bottom 6 next season, I doubt they would trade 2 1st rounders for an out-of-contact JHF.
Crows would.

North would get Crows 2023 1st and 2024 1st for JHF.

Both picks would be better than Ports.

I think we could but what I would do is pay the salary, keep pick 7 and use Bowes in the trade.
You would need to keep Bowes to make this work... but he isn't interested in coming to SA.

Crows would.

North would get Crows 2023 1st and 2024 1st for JHF.

Both picks would be better than Ports.
Nah.... I think crows are hesitant after the Bryce Gibbs trade even though your team got late picks in return despite trading picks 10 and 16.

The weird thing was he was a free agent the season Before

You would need to keep Bowes to make this work... but he isn't interested in coming to SA.
No we could pay his salary Treloar style I would think. It would be unconventional but I don't think its against any rules although I'm sure that the AFL would try to stop it somehow.

It's only in theory anyway because there is no way that Bowes would go to North unless they offered him another $1.5 million more.

Funny thing is you could of got 3 1st Round picks for your pick 1 last season and use one of them to get Rachele
Not Bad Kind Of GIF by MOODMAN

But really... the offer was:

IN
2021 Pick 4 (2,034pts)
2022 Adelaide F1 (turned out to be 5 - 1,878pts)
2022 Melb F1 (turned out to be 14 - 1,161pts)
TOTAL: 5073pts

OUT
2021 Pick 1 (3000pts)
2022 NM F2 (turned out to be 19 - 948pts)
TOTAL: 3948pts

DIFFERENCE: NM receive net benefit of 1125 pts - equivalent to pick 15.

Now lets take a cold numeric look at the value of offer we want from Port now:

If we get Pick 8 (1,551pts) and Port's F1... let's say they repeat this year's performance... that's 3102 pts.

If you add someone like Bergman - a fmr pick 14 (1,161pts) - then there's not a great deal of numeric difference between this and the value of the Adelaide offer as far as North is concerned.

No we could pay his salary Treloar style I would think. It would be unconventional but I don't think its against any rules although I'm sure that the AFL would try to stop it somehow.

It's only in theory anyway because there is no way that Bowes would go to North unless they offered him another $1.5 million more.
Surely he needs to be contracted to Port at some stage for this to work.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jason Horne-Francis [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back