Traded Jason Horne-Francis [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Are GWS looking to use picks 3, 12, 15, 18 and 19 purely for the draft? Or do they want to get some players in via trade?

Maybe we could upgrade pick 33 or 43 for one those later picks and offer up Byrne-Jones or Bonner?

We genuinely need to trade away a player for 2nd round. Can't see it happening another way.

Hayes, Drew, Bonner, DBJ, Farrell. DBJ with most value in that lot perhaps as an All-Australian and club BnF although he was off it best this year. I know he just resigned but yeah either him or Drew

In all seriousness North have actually done fine out of this deal. So have West Coast. GWS showed up, bent over and handed over the lube to make it work for everyone else, and I salute them for it.
Yeah I think north have done well. What more can you hope for to get for a player that wants out than a similar pick + a future 1st on top. That’s a good deal.

Also west coast, despite people knocking them to get out of pick 2 and the private school vic boys and into hewett territory , whose not far behind, if at all those vic boys plus get another pick. That’s good for them.

Ports given up a lot, but the fact we get future 2nds and 3rds back helps a lot,

In the end rozee butters jhf Bergman sinn to look forward too in our midfield.

I really rate that group of players as a future midfield. High end young talent there.

Not Bad Kind Of GIF by MOODMAN

But really... the offer was:

IN
2021 Pick 4 (2,034pts)
2022 Adelaide F1 (turned out to be 5 - 1,878pts)
2022 Melb F1 (turned out to be 14 - 1,161pts)
TOTAL: 5073pts

OUT
2021 Pick 1 (3000pts)
2022 NM F2 (turned out to be 19 - 948pts)
TOTAL: 3948pts

DIFFERENCE: NM receive net benefit of 1125 pts - equivalent to pick 15.

Now lets take a cold numeric look at the value of offer we want from Port now:

If we get Pick 8 (1,551pts) and Port's F1... let's say they repeat this year's performance... that's 3102 pts.

If you add someone like Bergman - a fmr pick 14 (1,161pts) - then there's not a great deal of numeric difference between this and the value of the Adelaide offer as far as North is concerned.
Do the draft today and JHF wouldn’t go number 1, would be lucky to go top 5… his value has decrease and our deal gives you (by your own measurement) a deal that is valued more than pick 1. Is fair

Do the draft today and JHF wouldn’t go number 1, would be lucky to go top 5… his value has decrease and our deal gives you (by your own measurement) a deal that is valued more than pick 1. Is fair
Yes, but with respect mate, you can consider everything we add to those 3000pts a tax for blindsiding us on the eve of the trade season.

North fans think coz they got offered crazy amounts by crows last year that should be replicated this year.. not how it works, that ship has sailed. X2 first rounders is fair for JHF

5x or I walk

IN
2021 Pick 4 (2,034pts)

OUT
2021 Pick 1 (3000pts)

If we get Pick 8 (1,551pts) and Port's F1... let's say they repeat this year's performance... that's 3102 pts.

If you add someone like Bergman - a fmr pick 14 (1,161pts) - then there's not a great deal of numeric difference between this and the value of the Adelaide offer as far as North is concerned.
I believe that people at Adelaide regret making that offer and were happy in hindsight that it was rejected because it was too generous.

In the Adelaide scenario North get 5073 pts and lose 3948 a difference of 1025
In the Port scenario you get 4263 and lose 3000 a difference of 1263

So that deal screws us even more than the stupid Adelaide bid which should have never been offered.

Yes, I'm sure he went through your salary cap spreadsheet and identified precisely how you could afford to pay him 800k a year.
Match the offer? Again port asked the question JHF is the person who made the decision. If the shoe was on the other foot north would had done the exact same thing. In fact north are known for trying to steal good quality players out of clubs.

What you’re complaining about is exactly what you did to us with Polec. Big pay check

True...but he still goes #1 this year.

8, 23/1 and a player like Duursma for JHF and 23/3 (North) is a reasonabke deal IMO.

I think I know the answer to this but could Port help North facilitate the Bowes and Pick 7 deal by paying some of the Bowes contract in addition to Ports offer for JKH?
Port keep Bowes
Send 7 and 8 & Bonner to N.M
Port get JHF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe that people at Adelaide regret making that offer and were happy in hindsight that it was rejected because it was too generous.

In the Adelaide scenario North get 5073 pts and lose 3948 a difference of 1025
In the Port scenario you get 4263 and lose 3000 a difference of 1263

So that deal screws us even more than the stupid Adelaide bid which should have never been offered.
No Problem Thumbs Up GIF

You can have 3 way trades the only difference is the financial implications and I bet there are no rules saying you can't do it.
You bet?

There will be chaos if the AFL allowed clubs to pay for the contracts of players who were never at their club.

You bet?

There will be chaos if the AFL allowed clubs to pay for the contracts of players who were never at their club.
Nobody has ever tried it and this is the first year they have ever allowed salary dumps like Bowes although there has been some stuff like it in the past.

Like I said I'm just throwing around the idea.

Nobody has ever tried it and this is the first year they have ever allowed salary dumps like Bowes although there has been some stuff like it in the past.

Like I said I'm just throwing around the idea.
Think you will need another idea as I doubt Bowes is going to have anything to do with either Port nor North.

IN
2021 Pick 4 (2,034pts)

OUT
2021 Pick 1 (3000pts)

Rachelle was pick 6 and the Crows 5 after Ashcroft will also be 6 this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jason Horne-Francis [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back