Traded Jason Horne-Francis [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Are GWS looking to use picks 3, 12, 15, 18 and 19 purely for the draft? Or do they want to get some players in via trade?

Maybe we could upgrade pick 33 or 43 for one those later picks and offer up Byrne-Jones or Bonner?

We genuinely need to trade away a player for 2nd round. Can't see it happening another way.

Hayes, Drew, Bonner, DBJ, Farrell. DBJ with most value in that lot perhaps as an All-Australian and club BnF although he was off it best this year. I know he just resigned but yeah either him or Drew

In all seriousness North have actually done fine out of this deal. So have West Coast. GWS showed up, bent over and handed over the lube to make it work for everyone else, and I salute them for it.
Yeah I think north have done well. What more can you hope for to get for a player that wants out than a similar pick + a future 1st on top. That’s a good deal.

Also west coast, despite people knocking them to get out of pick 2 and the private school vic boys and into hewett territory , whose not far behind, if at all those vic boys plus get another pick. That’s good for them.

Ports given up a lot, but the fact we get future 2nds and 3rds back helps a lot,

In the end rozee butters jhf Bergman sinn to look forward too in our midfield.

I really rate that group of players as a future midfield. High end young talent there.

Do you think they take Rachele or take a punt on Gibcus instead as a key defender which they really need? That's a sliding doors for another day
Not sure. Key position was where they need help as they loaded up on mids in previous drafts. No doubt JHF is a future star though.

We all know the Adelaide offer and Andrew, Gibcus and Amiss were the talls all available at that pick.

Time will tell but with the Richmond offer they could have had Gibcus, JVR, Sonsie and CCJ and kept their pick 20 in this years draft.

Lots of unknown quantities in that bunch above but getting three talls and a sliding mid, as well as keeping your picks in the 22 draft intact looks appealing when there’s no guarantee JHF will stay at the club and the list is bereft of talls.

It doesn’t really matter now though.

North need to do everything they can to keep him and they need to load up on talls in the 2022 draft.

Do you think they take Rachele or take a punt on Gibcus instead as a key defender which they really need? That's a sliding doors for another day
I alongside many North fans like the development of Paul Curtis as a small forward, definitely has upside so with that information I'd take Gibcus in my team over Rachele right now (not by much).

But considering our drafting history we pick up some mid like Ward.

Kid is loyal to his family. The same trait North liked and depended on, is the same trait that will take him back home. Was always going to be the case, and North had great offers on the table to take. Didn’t. Will be very costly. If he wants to go home the leverage disappears.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Because north could always redraft him in the preseason draft, they will finish lower than both Sa teams.

Either club will be paying huge overs to get him, north need players and picks

Nothing to be overly worried about at this stage regarding Jason re-signing. He and his management put off contract extension talks before the season started (nice that Sam Edmund has only now put this in his original article). The players were told they could spend mothers day with their family. Jason forgot to tell the club he was actually going which ordinarily would be fine but the club needed to know in case ASADA. I don't particularly like Jon Ralph but his article was pretty balanced. Extract below:

'The Roos told him they would prefer to be told when he was flying home, with implications for players including the ASADA Whereabouts provisions that mean clubs must update drug testers about the availability of players.

The Kangaroos have not punished Horne-Francis for his misunderstanding.

But given the understandable mix-up, there was no punishment for an innocent mistake.

The Roos are adamant he was simply rested with a tight hamstring, but the continued speculation about their best young player is an unwelcome distraction to a club with enough issues.

Horne-Francis’s manager Ben Williams told the Herald Sun on Tuesday night: “He was given a weekend off and he went home for Mother’s Day. I don’t even know why this is a story.”

The above is not to say that there are no issues at North, there are plenty from Recruitment on and off the field to player development, but I'm not particularly worried about Jason re-signing. There were a few murmurings about Glenn Luff putting player agents offside with their contract offers to Ziebell, Tarrant and Zurharr. If that was true, I'd expect Zu and Jason to re-sign at the end of the season.

He only flew back to Adelaide to visit his Mum on Mother's Day. Oh Whoopsie Doo

Also Crows fans are seriously delusional if they think they are any chance of getting JH-F.

They have only two players on their list who would fetch a top 10/first round pick right now in Rachele and Thilthorpe, and they are not trading them.

Why would North be interested in the rest of the scraps on their list?

Adelaide I would hazard a guess is even further away from a flag than North (they still have at least 10-15 list Cloggers that need to be culled over the next 2-3 seasons)

Why FFS would he go there ?

Its illogical.

North have hit the bottom/worst of their rebuild, I don't even the Crows have come close to their nadir yet.

It's not going to happen (JH-F to Adelaide) and under no circumstances is he being traded at the end of this season anyway.

Still very much sure he will sign a contract extension towards toward the end of the season, but even if not, they still have 18 months/time on their side to do so.

The only way north snaps out of this 23 year period of nothingness is by getting a few premium elite guys.

JHF was our best opportunity to do that. In that respect it’s better than two very good players. If it is purely is a wait and extract max value for the contract then it’s probably fine.
23 years of no premiership success I can understand, but nothingness is a bit rich.

I don’t care where he goes, but as with any clubs new recruits if they aren’t worth the 100% buy in, cash em’ in early and move heck on. Worth more to you off your list than the buy in it will cost you till the inevitable.

I don’t care where he goes, but as with any clubs new recruits if they aren’t worth the 100% buy in, cash em’ in early and move damn on. Worth more to you off your list than the buy in it will cost you till the inevitable.
Ummm nah. You don’t just cash your chips on the number 1 picks less than a year after he was picked. Thats dumb.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He only flew back to Adelaide to visit his Mum on Mother's Day. Oh Whoopsie Doo

Also Crows fans are seriously delusional if they think they are any chance of getting JH-F.

They have only two players on their list who would fetch a top 10/first round pick right now in Rachele and Thilthorpe, and they are not trading them.

Why would North be interested in the rest of the scraps on their list?

Adelaide I would hazard a guess is even further away from a flag than North (they still have at least 10-15 list Cloggers that need to be culled over the next 2-3 seasons)

Why FFS would he go there ?

Its illogical.

North have hit the bottom/worst of their rebuild, I don't even the Crows have come close to their nadir yet.

It's not going to happen (JH-F to Adelaide) and under no circumstances is he being traded at the end of this season anyway.

Still very much sure he will sign a contract extension towards toward the end of the season, but even if not, they still have 18 months/time on their side to do so.
That's spot on, north hold the aces even if he wants to leave. The crows aren't going to give up Rachele and thillithorpe, and thats all they have to offer.

Port need to start with wines, Hayes and their first pick to get it done.

Remember north will finish below both Adelaide teams next year so they can redraft him in the preseason draft

why has this thread attracted such bizarre crap like this?

Have none of you ever seen or heard of the actual trades before?

Hey Trent. Where does jhf rate amongst the greatest players to ever have played the game?

Cause no player has ever ever ever been traded for remotely near what you’re suggesting.

Judd? Nope.

My mind boggles at where the hell you guys are coming up with this.

why has this thread attracted such bizarre crap like this?

Have none of you ever seen or heard of the actual trades before?

Hey Trent. Where does jhf rate amongst the greatest players to ever have played the game?

Cause no player has ever ever ever been traded for remotely near what you’re suggesting.

Judd? Nope.

My mind boggles at where the hell you guys are coming up with this.

Fair comment and this goes both ways. Two pick 1's have left their clubs before at the end of their first contract and both were paid a million dollars a year (six for Scully, seven for Boyd) to do so.

That's spot on, north hold the aces even if he wants to leave. The crows aren't going to give up Rachele and thillithorpe, and thats all they have to offer.

Remember north will finish below both Adelaide teams next year so they can redraft him in the preseason draft
He would nominate for the ND, North during a rebuild would not waste a top 4 pick on a player that was already on their list and might even refuse to play.

They had their chance to cash in for two top 4 picks

Lol peak BF hysteria here. The bloke is 9 games into a career and hasn't signed an extension yet and people already have him wanting out and nominating for the ND because he hates North so much.

Legit hilarious

Carrying on from over eager SA club fans (mostly Crows fans) who have told themselves he wants out/wants to go home.

This is all based on nothing factual or substance, just idiotic and selective clickbait reporting from Sam Edmund.

In the very very small/remote chance he wants to go home, surely its Port or bust.

Crows literally have very little appeal going for them, especially with their cross town rivals.

Adelaide has never really been a destination club, and I don't see why the status quo has changed now.

Heard from a very good source hes off to the Crows.

Crows have to pay up to get him this year. North have their eye on a particular young gun + a swap of picks.
Absolute bullshit. Why post this crap.

Oh bollocks

Yep, Adelaide are not giving up Thillthorpe for love nor money

One of the very few untouchable players on their list.

On paper though, that deal doesn't look too bad for North though, buts it's never going to happen (Crows fans would storm West Lakes if they gave up Thillthorpe)

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jason Horne-Francis [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back