Jay Schulz having a good day again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohhh geez! Schulz in the leadership group!!!!!
At richmond we didnt even let him guard the players bags or fill up the water bottles because he was so useless!

LOL at the Rodan Comment too, while i love the little fella and think he has enormouse talent even if he is inconsistant, i think it would be best for Port to focus on getting his knee's right!
That 4 knees in 5 years now! and he relies on his agility and evasivness to be a useful contributor!

It makes you wonder why Port take all our rejects!!!!! Just like the Saints, if they were no good for us then what makes them better for them?
No Richmond Discard has done anything at another club that worth note, Rodans played some awesome games but he's also played some shockers aswell and he's now done another knee after he done 2 knees while playing for us!

Good luck with that power!

No, not like Rodan, because he has some talent.

Schulz clearly does too, he kicked 25 goals in an 8 week stretch with bags of 7, 5 and 4. I know he's been inconsistent in the past and everything, but the problem clearly isn't talent, it's whatever's been going on inside his head all these years.

nugget 12 said:
Just like the Saints, if they were no good for us then what makes them better for them?

God knows, but it works for us. Rodan and Schulz have both played their best footy at Port, and even Meyer's starting to show some signs.

God knows, but it works for us. Rodan and Schulz have both played their best footy at Port, and even Meyer's starting to show some signs.

No ya see i dont believe thats true! Ill concede Rodan because he's played some great games in the midfield for you guys where he played as a forwards for us and the year he was due to play midfield he done his first knee in a practice match in Morwell.

Schulz has not played his best footy for you guys! Yeh he kicked 7 in 1 game and a few more bags but in 05 im pretty sure he played close to a full season due to Richo being injured and played some good footy!
The Thing with Jay is he has some great talent but he doesnt spare any brain space dedicated to commitment and consistency!
Untill he does that he will be non better than he was at Richmond!

Meyer still hasnt shown anything more that when he was with us either, he might if he plays close to a full season in the midfield but i wouldnt hold my breath on that.
Thing with Meyer is i'd love for him to prove me wrong because i was always a fan of his but for some reason didnt have the commitment at our club, maybe wallace had something to do with that im not sure!

Schulz has not played his best footy for you guys! Yeh he kicked 7 in 1 game and a few more bags but in 05 im pretty sure he played close to a full season due to Richo being injured and played some good footy!
The Thing with Jay is he has some great talent but he doesnt spare any brain space dedicated to commitment and consistency!
Untill he does that he will be non better than he was at Richmond!

He kicked 9 more goals in an 8 week stretch mid-year this year alone than he ever has in a full season at Richmond. That was definitely his best footy.

The second paragraph is the bit I worry about, whether he can keep it up or not. I guess we'll find out in the coming years.

nugget_12 said:
Thing with Meyer is i'd love for him to prove me wrong because i was always a fan of his but for some reason didnt have the commitment at our club, maybe wallace had something to do with that im not sure!

That would be the problem IMO. You guys should be far better off with Hardwick at the helm, I wish he was coaching us. I hope we don't take any post-Wallace era Richmond discards, because I doubt we'll do any better at developing them than the Hardwick era Richmond.

He kicked 9 more goals in an 8 week stretch mid-year this year alone than he ever has in a full season at Richmond. That was definitely his best footy.

There was no real chance of him ever playing like that at Richmond, even though he had the talent. One, is because he was never going to be our No. 1 forward between Richo and Jack, whereas he was the target of choice at Port for that period. The second was because his confidence was completely shot here, and Jay has always been a confidence player.

I think it comes down to the fact that Jay can be as good as he wants at port now, there is noway we'd prefer him over Jack nor will he ever achieve what jack already has!

It was a choice of Jack at FF last year or Jay and Dimma went with Jack and he's now a B&F and Coleman Medallist and only 21y.o!

Dimma picked the right guy!

Here's the stats to show why dimma went with jack:
http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...d1=506&tid2=15&pid2=1731&type=T&fid1=C&fid2=C

Schulz kicking 33 goals is not that impressive when you factor in he was their FF getting a majority of the ball delivered to him. Was also dropped a couple of time in this so called impressive season.

If Port want to build their forward line around him and his inconsistencies then good luck to them. I certainly don't want him back. We need a CHF not an average FF.

Barnzy said:
Schulz kicking 33 goals is not that impressive when you factor in he was their FF getting a majority of the ball delivered to him. Was also dropped a couple of time in this so called impressive season

That was with Tredrea around. He was useless with Tredders there, only averaged about a goal a game in that time from memory (and probably would be with JR too) but once he got injured and Schulz was the No. 1 target, he started playing some really good footy.

That was with Tredrea around. He was useless with Tredders there, only averaged about a goal a game in that time from memory (and probably would be with JR too) but once he got injured and Schulz was the No. 1 target, he started playing some really good footy.

Yep, true.

You have Daniel Stewart playing at CHF (good young player by the way). We need to find someone to play CHF, hopefully one of Post, Griffiths, Vickery, etc.

Schulz would've never fitted into our structure with Riewoldt there, hopefully Farmer turns into the BP we desperately need. Good luck to him but I do think Schulz might get displaced eventually, especially if Butcher comes on.

Wouldn't surprise me, but he's a good stop-gap in the meantime. All the rest of our key forwards are too young to perform as the No. 1 target to an acceptable standard yet. Considering we probably would've delisted Farmer, it's a win for us. And for the reasons you've described it's a win for you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem with schulz is that once he becomes comfortable in his envoirment he tends to slack off.
Last year he was given a kick up the ass,and needed to prove his place in the team but once he is confident in his position in the team , he slacks off.

Test is 2011

Schulz surprised me I thought he was a spud when we got him but i understood why we got him and the trade was a good one.

In the end the reason we got him happened (Tredrea injury) and he played some good footy. His average goal per game for Richmond was under a goal a game (I know he spent some time as a defender) but he got a shade over 2 a game for us.

He can take a contested mark and is a good to very good set shot. But all up I guess he was just good value for what we gave up for him.

I hope he can do better and maybe being in the leadership group might give his footy a bit more purpose. We have some good young KPF stocks so he will need to lift his game if he wants to stay in the side .

Schulz surprised me I thought he was a spud when we got him but i understood why we got him and the trade was a good one.

In the end the reason we got him happened (Tredrea injury) and he played some good footy. His average goal per game for Richmond was under a goal a game (I know he spent some time as a defender) but he got a shade over 2 a game for us.

He can take a contested mark and is a good to very good set shot. But all up I guess he was just good value for what we gave up for him.

I hope he can do better and maybe being in the leadership group might give his footy a bit more purpose. We have some good young KPF stocks so he will need to lift his game if he wants to stay in the side .

I liked Schulz as a player and thought that he didn't get enough opportunities in his correct position with us. But seriously, this is the same guy that lost us one of our biggest sponsors and was well known for his poor attitude. I can understand him making your best 22, but your leadership group??? All I can say is, you must be short on leadership!

well that's an improvement on his time at RFC where he was a deplorable shot for goal, lord knows how many times from his 4 or 5 shots at goal from GOOD marks would result in 1 major, a couple of **** ups and a behind or two, was a recurring theme that he just never grew out of

I suppose it doesnt help your cause when you have richo constantly either jumping on your head or running through you !!

Poor jay was a battering ram for richo for a while there.:D

I'm backing Richmond @$10 for the Wooden Spoon for 2011.

I'm expecting the cannibal instincts of the club to start kicking in after about Round 4.

Being completley honest do you really think we are worse than Essendon, Gold Coast, Brisbane, Port AND West Coast. :thumbsu:

Damn. Hopefully theres some success for you guys around the corner and the sour grape posters can finally be happy that Richmond rejects are doing well elsewhere.

Not sure about Schulz tbh. Has the right attitude, worked hard defensively and can kick goals (2 things he didn't do at Richmond) but not sure about leadership material. Might even be demoted to depth player in a year if Butcher is ready? We'll see how he goes anyway.

I liked Schulz as a player and thought that he didn't get enough opportunities in his correct position with us. But seriously, this is the same guy that lost us one of our biggest sponsors and was well known for his poor attitude. I can understand him making your best 22, but your leadership group??? All I can say is, you must be short on leadership!

I think the leadership group move is more a 'kick up the arse' than a 'you're the best man for the job'. IMO it'll either work brilliantly or backfire massively. Seems to be how everything involving Schulz goes.

Being completley honest do you really think we are worse than Essendon, Gold Coast, Brisbane, Port AND West Coast. :thumbsu:

No I don't BUT Richmond are @$10 for the Spoon and the others aren't.
In 2010 you beat interstate teams (exclusively) and beat them (mainly) in Melbourne. In 2011 you have to meet them away from Melbourne.

Re Jack Riewoldt - Jack Riewoldt was @81 for the Coleman AFTER he kicked 6 against Essendon. I didn't think he would win it but JBrown was @$1.85 and BFevola was also @$1.85 and I didn't think they would win it.

Jack was @$201 the week before the Essendon game. He just impressed me with his single single minded attitude. I don't hate Richmond
but I hate the way you hate your own players.

I don't hate Richmond
but I hate the way you hate your own players.

Thats an atrocious comment.

Supporters dont hate their own players. Any negative comments that come from certain Richmond supporters towards a very small group of our own players are matched with criticisms of other teams players by their own supporters as well.

In fact you would find other clubs supporters to be alot worse than us. Get that chip off your shoulder. :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back