Jeff Kennett - Master class

Remove this Banner Ad

Skids

Club Legend
Jun 29, 2007
Greensborough
AFL Club
Essendon
I haven't watched much of the Footy show for a while, but tonight, as luck would have it I had beers and there was no Futurama. Anyway, Jeff was on and as much as some say Sam is probing or hard at it, it was hilarious to see the old fraud up against a professional. Like a punch-drunk boxer against his shadow. Flailing at the nether.

Not that it should be a surprise, because Newman probably planned it. He's not dumb, he knows he's of limited ability and realized he was bush-league compared to Kennett. But it was nice and the cream on the cake was watching the wannabee Hutchy from the shadows act like he has the high-ground and Kennett should defer to him. A liar calling the master liar a liar and being sheepish about it.

Oh well, it was all show, but it was something special to see a true operator, with no opinion poll to please have at it againt a rabble.

I voted for Kennett in '99. Not because he was from my side of politics, but because my side of politics was full of inbred ****ers who gave unions and progressive politics a bad name. Sadly, Kennetts gone and while Ted is OK, in the big game we're left with Abbot and his anti-liberal cadre of peodophile supporters and libertarians, and Gillard and her inbred ****ers on the formerly progressive side, who still give unions and progressives a bad name.

Oh the nostalgia!

Bring back Jeff, Keating or at least put Turnbull back in the leadership of the (wrongly named) liberals and Bob Brown as ALP boss and mentor. **** it would be a good day to see Malcolm lead a free enterprise liberal party against Bob leading a progressive labor party where both agreed that the societies capital was based upon looking after the poorest and not supporting well-payed home owners a tax write off and all that.

Oh well, that was then, this is now. Jeff was more now than then, but it's still good to see a master toy with prey.

It's so ironic and sad that one of our best political operators, who had the guts to admit he was wrong about issues (something that's not allowed in politics these days) was dueling against a feathery psuedo-intellect such as Sam Newman. But I guess this is where we are as a society. Bread and games. Even our best have to be involved in the games to get a mention.

Don't mind Jeff, even though he went to the school over Gardiners Creek.

That said, he is a fuse waiting to be lit this season. There is that much friction b/w him & Clarkson that it isn't funny.

Bring back Jeff, Keating or at least put Turnbull back in the leadership of the (wrongly named) liberals and Bob Brown as ALP boss and mentor. **** it would be a good day to see Malcolm lead a free enterprise liberal party against Bob leading a progressive labor party where both agreed that the societies capital was based upon looking after the poorest and not supporting well-payed home owners a tax write off and all that.

The day that happens is the day that A Current Affair features current affairs again.

I liked the interview. I have seen Sam interview with more aggressiveness but I suppose a politician being interviewed on footy terms was never going to worry him.

It was kind of mean the way Kennett crushed Hutchy but if you put it out, you have to take it.

He did well in acting like an arrogant politician. He used his power in the situation to embarrass Hutchy rather than convincingly proving him wrong.

Sorry, but how did you think it should have gone? "I heard this", "no, the opposite is true"...repeat ad nauseum.

Kennett gauged the situation that Hutchy seemed to only be there to cast doubt, so he shut him down. At the end of the day, I tuned in to see Kennett speaking with Newman, nothing whatsoever is interesting about hearing from Hutchy, so for mine, Kennett read the mood well.

Using "his power" is one way of putting it. Using his charisma and character against a little worm of a bloke is another way. Wasn't difficult to see who was going to come out smelling of roses...if Hutchy is so switched on, I'm surprised he didn't see it himself? :eek:

On the subject of Clarko vs Kennett...I couldn't really care less about who suggested putting discussions off until the end of the year, nor whether it's true or not. In fact, I'll go further, and say I don't care if they DO have negotiations for the entire season, as long as its in the background. Kennett has shut down the media enquiries with a simply line, much of which is lost on most of you...but I don't really want my club being destabilised by constant speculation, so if it's not spoken about every week...good. It eats at Caro and Hutchy, that the Hawks can swat away any questions now, but that's not our issue.

I honestly think we'll miss Kennett when he's gone. There's a handful who called it like they saw it, Elliot, McGuire and Kennett...the rest are just cardboard cut-outs who do nothing to promote the game, and only serve to protect the "brand".

Players, coaches and executives who speak up and answer honestly when asked a question are a godsend...they stick it to the media and to the AFL, which is what most of us on Bigfooty hang out for! Good on him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was certainly a master class in arrogance by Kennett. He may have made Hutchy look like a fool, but i would believe Hutchy's story every day of the week before Kennet's, the lying prick!!

He is the same prick who privatised Victoria's electricity supply and now we are paying through the nose for this disaster.

Sorry, but how did you think it should have gone? "I heard this", "no, the opposite is true"...repeat ad nauseum.

Kennett gauged the situation that Hutchy seemed to only be there to cast doubt, so he shut him down. At the end of the day, I tuned in to see Kennett speaking with Newman, nothing whatsoever is interesting about hearing from Hutchy, so for mine, Kennett read the mood well.

I don't think it should have gone anyway, I just saw what happened and formed a view on it.
Kennett did read the mood with the crowd whooping when he treated Hutchy with little respect , Hutchy's body language was terrible when he came out and knew he was on a hiding to nothing in that situation. Kennett had the upper hand in the situation and used it.

It was certainly a master class in arrogance by Kennett. He may have made Hutchy look like a fool, but i would believe Hutchy's story every day of the week before Kennet's, the lying prick!!

He is the same prick who privatised Victoria's electricity supply and now we are paying through the nose for this disaster.

You can't blame Jeff for the so-called "smart meters".

It's a shame that he privatised the electricity supply, but then again the Kirner Govt was a Richmond like rabble...

If we'd still had a state bank maybe he wouldn't have had to have the asset sell off.

I am not Kennetts biggest fan, but you can certainly see some of the elements that made him such a good politician in that interview. Good to watch.

You can't half tell he's a politician, he didn't answer a question all interview.

He did make Hutchy look stupid, but he was hardly convincing in disproving he's a liar about the Clarkson situation. The only valid question asked of him all night was Hutchy's, and he just deflected it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jeff Kennett - Master class