Rumour Jeremy Finlayson under investigation - 3 game suspension

Remove this Banner Ad

How many weeks for Noah Answerth for gesturing to Petty he’s a sook? Should be worthy of a suspension given the stance so many on here think the game should be sanitised.

How many weeks for Noah Answerth for gesturing to Petty he’s a sook? Should be worthy of a suspension given the stance so many on here think the game should be sanitised.
Please do show us these posts.

In regards to sanitising the game, your club has enough to worry about with a coach before the Human Rights Commission

I believe Answerth was mimicking Nicky Winmar sooking about a few harmless jokes back in the day. The WOKE-FL would probably have us doing the bloody Welcome to Country before every ball up if it were up to them!

I believe Answerth was mimicking Nicky Winmar sooking about a few harmless jokes back in the day. The WOKE-FL would probably have us doing the bloody Welcome to Country before every ball up if it were up to them!

The comment about Winmar is just really poor taste and to be honest is pretty awful.

Ha my friend of 20 years been dating one for years i told him just admit your gay or at least Bi. The funny thing he hated gays posted on big footy about it and they were pretty bad post. The partner he is with has a Penis, short hair like a man but want to be known as a Woman.
I didn't realise we'd been friends that long

Frustrated George Costanza GIF

Take a break, little fella.

So he didn't say it to a gay person? He got 3 weeks just for saying it... to a straight guy?
It's about using a term that has been used by society to denigrate LGBT+ people for a very long time.

It's about equating being gay to low moral character. To bring worth less than straight people.

And yeah, I suppose, being heard to do it on national television while wearing your employers and sponsors logos, if I have it right.

And I get what you're saying- Whether he said it to a gay person or a straight person you believe the punishment should be the same?
I don't know. Maybe longer for saying it to a gay person. It's probably a question the answer to which requires more nuance than I possess.

Is suspending someone for a gay slur really going to sink the game? The woe is footy nonsense because of this is just ridiculous.

Actually I would have thought that the penalty for any such insult should have had a larger penalty/longer suspension attached as I've said previously.

My reply just before was based on there being a punishment for a lesser name being more harsh than a penalty for a more well known name.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually I would have thought that the penalty for any such insult should have had a larger penalty/longer suspension attached as I've said previously.

My reply just before was based on there being a punishment for a lesser name being more harsh than a penalty for a more well known name.
Because that's never happened before either.

Hence the AFL being corrupt

Circle of life
You got that right couple weeks ago the incident at the dees and at clubs faking injuries to cover up a alarming issue, and what's happened to the umpires caught betting in games sweep it under the carpet utter corrupt.

Geez I would love to see a Venn diagram of everyone acting so outraged here with those who defend Islam killing LGBTQ folks by hog tying them and throwing them off tall buildings lol

"Islam is our future, it's the religion of peace, do you know how bad Christianity is omg ???? 800 years ago a Christian killed a bunch people, so evil ! When a Muslim executes a LBGTQ they do it out of love. Once Australia is an Islamic state we will truly live in paradise praise Allah"

Meanwhile... A non Muslim uses the "F" word against someone who isn't even gay: " Words are violence! You are literally killing gay people with WORDS!!!"

The paradox of the woke modern left

Is suspending someone for a gay slur really going to sink the game? The woe is footy nonsense because of this is just ridiculous.
It's a lot of Wazza579531Q764 on Twix going off on a rant and not much else. ****ing Elon amplifies this so all the boomers think their opinion is in a majority.

They come here and can't handle that the actual majority opinion is a lot more measured.

Geez I would love to see a Venn diagram of everyone acting so outraged here with those who defend Islam killing LGBTQ folks by hog tying them and throwing them off tall buildings lol

"Islam is our future, it's the religion of peace, do you know how bad Christianity is omg ???? 800 years ago a Christian killed a bunch people, so evil ! When a Muslim executes a LBGTQ they do it out of love. Once Australia is an Islamic state we will truly live in paradise praise Allah"

Meanwhile... A non Muslim uses the "F" word against someone who isn't even gay: " Words are violence! You are literally killing gay people with WORDS!!!"

Who said that?

What in the hell is this?

Honestly mate you went from "people are happier where I live" to full whack job rants about people where you DON'T live.

Take a breath and think.

I don't like bullying but it's one of those things that build strength and fortitude.
It really doesn't.

It builds stunted, unhappy humans.

I don't like bullying but it's one of those things that build strength and fortitude.

If we mould a mollycoddled world, we build soft people.
My workplace if full of them. Always calling is sick, etc.

Yes and constant bullying can lead to lives bring destroyed and catastrophic consequences such as suicide.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Jeremy Finlayson under investigation - 3 game suspension

Remove this Banner Ad

Back