Player Watch Jeremy Finlayson

Remove this Banner Ad

should have just said he said maggot and was talking to the umpire.

He should just say he’s a massive Korn fan and was singing his favourite track from the debut album.

The AFL are a burning effigy of everything that football used to be. That's all there is to it.

In isolation, the penalty is around the mark. Probably a bit harsh. I thought a couple of games was sufficient. There are few slurs that are not in some way bigoted or sexist. Have a think about what calling somebody a campaigner or a douche bag really means.

That the maggot Clarkson would get away with a fine and a suspended 2 GAME sentence after calling 2 players ********ers a month prior to a player getting a 3 match suspension is just...well even I am speechless at the injustice of that.

Clarkson can sit down and have a few drinks with Eddie McGuire and chortle about how great it is to be a Victorian protected species when it comes to handing out penalties.

It's disgusting and I don't give a damn what anybody else thinks.

Last edited:

So, hypothetically if a player from now on combines the Clarkson outburst and the Finlayson sledge and calls an opponent a penis-imbibing bunch of sticks, they will now get a 3 game suspension plus a two game suspended suspension plus a $20K fine. Amidoinitrite?

3 weeks is probably a bit harsh but is about right

The inconsistency is the main grievance I have. And the media hysteria
Yep. Would be happier if the AFL just admitted they got the Clarkson penalty wrong.

The talk on SEN and other media is that the word used by Jezz was viewed as being 'more homophobic' than the word used by Clarkson.

Not sure of what words were used by who but suspect this is a level of vernacular aerobatics that not even AFL House is capable of.

"We do not underestimate the seriousness of this matter and look forward to the AFL applying consistency to such cases in the future." - Koch

Lol, what a dumb and sarcastic way to make the point, almost sounds as though he's looking forward to the next time a player uses a homophobic slur to test the AFL out.

How hard would it have been to just say something like 'we accept and endorse the punishment but also note that the AFL appear to apply different standards to different clubs and this disappoints us'.

3 is fine honestly. Sends a message to all (ie not just AFL players but juniors and such) that it's not an okay word to use.

They should go and retroactively give one to Clarkson too but of course they won't.

Hi, I come in peace. Finlayson should not have said what he said, but 3 weeks, I mean really?

Laura Kane is not up to the job. First she puts in the handouts for North who trashed their list, then at the AFL approves her own submission.
Then the North coach blazes away at opposition players with a homophobic slur in the full hearing of the crowd full of children.
This bloke has anger management the length of the Flemington straight, gets a slap on the wrist.
Finlayson, immediately apologises to the player, is remorseful and gets three.

I mean the conflict of interest with Kane is palpable and this is appalling.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 is fine honestly. Sends a message to all (ie not just AFL players but juniors and such) that it's not an okay word to use.

They should go and retroactively give one to Clarkson too but of course they won't.
You mean 5 as his indiscretion was worse?
Oh wait.............. forgot the "good bloke/one of the boys" defence 🙄

So i'm guessing if he didn't come out immediately and put his hand up that he stuffed up then he'd probably have got 5 or 6?

Hi, I come in peace. Finlayson should not have said what he said, but 3 weeks, I mean really?

Laura Kane is not up to the job. First she puts in the handouts for North who trashed their list, then at the AFL approves her own submission.
Then the North coach blazes away at opposition players with a homophobic slur in the full hearing of the crowd full of children.
This bloke has anger management the length of the Flemington straight, gets a slap on the wrist.
Finlayson, immediately apologises to the player, is remorseful and gets three.

I mean the conflict of interest with Kane is palpable and this is appalling.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

wait you're Daniel Cherny

It is a joke seeing comments from crows supporters trying to equate this to Walker's racist slur. Robbie Young pretty much walked away from sanfl footy after that incident.

I still remember that awkward apology video which Robbie clearly didn't want to be part of.

ha ha ha ha ha The AFL projecting morality. It just 10 days too late. Im surprised its not another darkest days in sport episode.

it's about right. I don't get the outrage personally

I thought, on the scale of what was said, not as bad as Walker but worse than Clarkson (that's just me though), so it seems around the mark. Worst part has been the media circus, which the AFL let drag on for 5 days now

the handwringing and gnashing of teeth is a bit embarrassing tbh

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Jeremy Finlayson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back