Player Watch Jeremy Finlayson

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm more annoyed at Clarkson getting away with it, than I am with Finlayson getting 3 to be honest.
Clarko has been getting away with stuff for most of his footy career.. happens when your part of the elite boys club..

**** I hope we win the flag this year just to shove it up the afl..

So basically Finlayson would have been better off to give his opponent a gentle tap in the stomach off the ball and copping a fine.....

Not condoning what was said but the lack of consistency from the AFL is so predictable.
The way they dish out the punishment means that Port are forced into a position where they can't appeal without looking like they are supporting homophobia.

If the AFL are truly serious there would be a schedule of punishments (since apparently they can determine one slur is worse than another) rather than this make it up as they go along.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It is a joke seeing comments from crows supporters trying to equate this to Walker's racist slur. Robbie Young pretty much walked away from sanfl footy after that incident.

I still remember that awkward apology video which Robbie clearly didn't want to be part of.
Watch yourself, I got absolutely torched on this thread the other day for even trying to contest this point in general.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No it vilifies people with substance abuse disorders and we know how much the AFL values the welfare of these individuals.. oh wait, it's fine.
No one has a choice has a choice being born gay. I can tell you that first hand. People however do have a choice to start using substances. And you've chosen the dickhead route.

This is what I was thinking too, the only outrage that is rivalling the outrage is the outrage.

It's outrageous!

I'm outraged because I don't know what to be outraged about.

The thing that would irk me is the counseling bit that is part of the penalty. I reckon I could cop the penalty buit the counselling bit is purely the AFL covering it's fat arse with some window dressing. If anyone asks they can point to an errant player being set on the right path with counselling.

Imagine asking CD what he thought about the suspension imposed by the AFL. How would anyone know what those clownshoes were going to do?

Good to see there is a bit of noise around the inconsistency. The only thing the AFL listen to is noise and speculation.

I guess if some of us keep expressing our outrage at the inconsistency of the AFL someone will eventually accuse us of attempting to paint Jeremy Finlayson as the victim.

I am going out to dinner tonight and I am going to wear my Port Adelaide cap with pride and they can all go and get some pork on their fork! :p

This penalty is a sign of the times but is just stunning to me. I mean, what would I know being a middle aged white heterosexual Christian male.

That’s kind of the point, you don’t know. So we need to listen to those that do.
You’ll never know the hurt that such a slur can cause, and that’s great for you. But as a Christian you have a duty to ensure those that are hurt be protected.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Jeremy Finlayson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back