List Mgmt. Jeremy Howe

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never kicked 30 goals in a season. Hasn't improve in the last 5 years. Spud - do not want - Q Lynch / J White MK III

Played most of the season across half back so 30 goal seasons might not be a realistic expectation.

Have to laugh at Mark Steven's tweet saying Dees want to hold off for GC's pick 3. Um....he's not worth pick 3.

Was coupled with pick 6

Howe is far better than kennedy and his 100+ AFL games are a reflection of this. I guess I agree with Melbourne supporters, I straight swap isn't far for a kid who can't even hold a gig at AFL level compared to a bloke picked every week. BenKen and a third rounder seems more reasonable and we should work around that.

What the... this is just wrong on sooooo many levels.

Like maybe the fact he's 4 years older might just be a factor in why he has notched up 100 games rather than reflect how much better he is...

Like the fact Howe was getting games in 1 of the worst performed teams in the comp whereas BK was trying to break into a midfield like ours...

I'd be guessing that if you looked at comparisons at the same age there wouldn't be too much difference in their stats and that's despite BK having major surgery on both legs and Howe more or less having an injury free run.

Aside from that game against Melbourne, Fasolo was putrid all year. Would have been delisted had his contract still not got a year to run.

The Fasman kicked 27 goals from 17 games.

To put that into perspective, Delidio kicked 27 goals from 18 games, and Nick Reiwoldt kicked 29 goals from 17 games.

He also averaged 1.06 assists a game for the year, one the highest averages in the comp.

Considering he's still young and developing, and on the mend from long term injury, i'd say that's a decent effort and in no way would he be considered to be desisted, completely agree with Nick Maxwell that he's All-Australian potential in a few years if he can stay healthy.

Last edited:
The Fasman kicked 27 goals from 17 games.

To put that into perspective, Delidio kicked 27 goals from 18 games, and Nick Reiwoldt kicked 29 goals from 17 games.

He also averaged 1.06 assists for the year, one the highest averages in the comp.

Considering he's still young and developing, and on the mend from long term injury, i'd say that's a decent effort and in no way would he be considered to be desisted, completely agree with Nick Maxwell that he's All-Australian potential in a few years if he can stay healthy.

Much maligned is the Fas. I think he brings a lot of great traits to the table. Great overhead, booming kick, fairy reliable set shot at goal, an ok crumber and he has improved his 1% ers. He just has to build consistency. Goes missing too much.

Blair crumbing...would be lethal.
Blair's hardness so ridiculously under-rated on this board.
Don't worry, the great man loves him!

2cg2ele.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting that this morning Cloke said he caught up with Howe in Bali

Howe by coincidence is up there on holiday.

Bucks and Pendles have already met with him up there. I'd say the deal is most likely a mere formality. He'll nominate us, we suggest straight swap for BenKen, they say "Throw in a pick", we say "Here take our 4th rounder", they say, "Whatevs".

Jamie is in Bali as well. Imagine the kick-to-kick on the beach with both Howe and Elliot involved.

I hope Bucks wasn't pissed when he met with Howe and agreed to recruit him. Could get back to Melbourne and be informed by Hine that we've traded in Howe, with Bucks having NFI why.

What the... this is just wrong on sooooo many levels.

Like maybe the fact he's 4 years older might just be a factor in why he has notched up 100 games rather than reflect how much better he is...

Like the fact Howe was getting games in 1 of the worst performed teams in the comp whereas BK was trying to break into a midfield like ours...

I'd be guessing that if you looked at comparisons at the same age there wouldn't be too much difference in their stats and that's despite BK having major surgery on both legs and Howe more or less having an injury free run.
You must be one of the most one-eyed or uneducated supporters. I can't believe people can even say Kennedy is on the level on Howe. Kennedy every opportunity he was given stunk it up, it's been 3 years and he's going no where with us. By saying or indicating that he is just as good as Howe or anywhere near his level is delusional. Ask any other supporter who isn't Collingwood and 100% of them would pick Howe over Kennedy. Most wouldn't know who Kennedy is. Howe is such a large upgrade on Kennedy and we should be happy that we might get such an upgrade.

Edit: also if you're saying Howe had been playing for a mediocre team like Melbourne can I remind you that they beat us this year and finished 1 spot below us. I'm sure Howe played every game and Kennedy didn't play more than a handful. This year we were evidently not that much greater than Melbourne in many ways so don't even use that as an argument.

I understand supporting our club but saying Kennedy > Howe or they are level is beyond ridiculous, I'm what you call s realist and I won't sugarcoat our club. I love our club and I'm loyal but it doesn't mean I can't be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back