Player Watch Jeremy Howe

Remove this Banner Ad

Howe is playing very well in defence but he apparently came to the club because of a promise of a forward line role. Unless he's change his mind we don't want to end up having him disgruntled and feeling like he's been hoodwinked.
Don't think we need to worry about that, (it did cross my mind a couple of weeks ago though).
Bucks has addressed it publicly and presumably with Howie too.
Also, the recognition he gets from his teammates for his work is bound to give him a sense of satisfaction/confidence.

Being able to take a speccy doesn't make you a better forward than defender.

He's turning out to be bloody good down back, so he can suck it up and deal. Which I think he will. He came to us for less money and used to wear Buckley's number as a kid. He's home.

Howe is playing very well in defence but he apparently came to the club because of a promise of a forward line role. Unless he's change his mind we don't want to end up having him disgruntled and feeling like he's been hoodwinked.

Don't think we need to worry about that, (it did cross my mind a couple of weeks ago though).
Bucks has addressed it publicly and presumably with Howie too.
Also, the recognition he gets from his teammates for his work is bound to give him a sense of satisfaction/confidence.
Guess this settles it...
“I’m really enjoying the last six or seven weeks of footy,” Howe told the Herald Sun.
“They knew my marking was going to be a strength.
“But the ability to impact on games and be a bit more consistent … so (I’m) just working on other areas of my game.
“Probably maximising my disposal, trying to get a little bit more of it, setting up and running patterns and stuff like that, so to be able to get myself in the game more consistently and get to more contests.
“Generally when I get to them I’m not too bad. It’s just a matter of getting to them consistently enough.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...d/news-story/b0bb02a98529879d3abdd954fa74681d

I think we have enough x-factor up forward. we just need Fasolo and Elliott and a lesser extent Broomhead who I rate playing at the same time. I prefer Howe play Back / wing from time to time and if necessary for tactical purposes. eg) moore get stitched up swinging Moore and Howe for a qtr here and there.

Who would of thunk it. (Admit I wasn't sure what he could bring to the team on a consistent basis)
Is seriously influencing games off half back.
Is proving to be quite the steal in the off season.
In AA form and has become a key member of the team.
Even got a forward tag against the Blues.
Delight to watch.
Jeremy Howe take a bow and stay away from your dog.

Jeremy Howe has been a solid pick up for Kennedy.

He has really steadied the backline somewhat and is willing to be a little daring.

A success I would have have thought.

Solid?

Think he has been a star, not including Treloar he has probably been our best pick up since Jolly/Ball

so far we have won in the deal to bring howe to the club. value wise the best trade done last year
very impressed about the way he has gone about his footy since being moved to the back line

We've picked up a couple of beauties in Varcoe and Howe. They are both such valuable contributors.

My main concern with Howe was that we already had Elliott and Fas yet we were telling Howe that he would play forward and wing. Made no sense to me.

I guess the answer to that concern was "suck it up Jeremy, you're playing back because we need you there and you're a bloody good player."

I'm really pleased for the bloke as the Dees and the footy world had him pegged as a lazy one trick pony. I'm sure most footballers would hate that tag. All the sweeter to rid yourself of that reputation at the club you love.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jezza has been an absolute revelation off half back, would still love to see him play up forward but I think he is more important to the team make up where he is currently playing now

He wont be complaining about where he is playing when he takes home an All Australian with in the next few years.

He wont be complaining about where he is playing when he takes home an All Australian with in the next few years.

I think he is a huge show for AA this year

Top 3 B&F, AA next year once we start playing well

On current form both Reidy and Howe could find AA spots this year or, more likely, next. The stumbling block as you mentioned is team form. In so many sports it a silly unwritten rule that you're more likely to pick up votes if your team won the game and you're a better chance at end of year gongs if your team played well. Individual performance should be the only factor.

When Howe was playing really well in the Middle of the Season his Disposal was Fantastic but I have felt lately it has Fallen off a Bit.

Am I right?
Trust you to play the devil's advocate. I thought I'd stumbled upon a Jeremy Howe love-in, but your suggestion of a possible late season defect has reduced the intensity of supporter passion to more measured levels. Certainly the TV commentators have been suggesting of late that his kicking skills are too inconsistent, and that bloopers were a feature of each game.:(

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Jeremy Howe

Remove this Banner Ad

Back