Player Watch Jeremy Howe

Remove this Banner Ad

Trust you to play the devil's advocate. I thought I'd stumbled upon a Jeremy Howe love-in, but your suggestion of a possible late season defect has reduced the intensity of supporter passion to more measured levels. Certainly the TV commentators have been suggesting of late that his kicking skills are too inconsistent, and that bloopers were a feature of each game.:(

Howe has been good but I am just saying his Kicking has Dropped Off

Didn't watch last night but I have found his kicking pretty exceptional overall in the games I have watched
As a general rule it is, but every now and then he has a brain fade and goes for a kick that's way too risky which usually ends up as a turnover. If he can clean that up he'll be an AA.

As a general rule it is, but every now and then he has a brain fade and goes for a kick that's way too risky which usually ends up as a turnover. If he can clean that up he'll be an AA.
I think the coaching staff would keep telling him to try making those kicks though. You look at Hawthorn and they can make those kicks all the time, not saying we are anything like Hawthorn, but the more you try the better you get at something.

I think the coaching staff would keep telling him to try making those kicks though. You look at Hawthorn and they can make those kicks all the time, not saying we are anything like Hawthorn, but the more you try the better you get at something.
I'm not talking about the high risk high reward type kicks, I'm talking about the 'wtf that kick was never on in a million years' type kicks.

I'm not talking about the high risk high reward type kicks, I'm talking about the 'wtf that kick was never on in a million years' type kicks.
Yeah thats what I mean though, hopefully making those sorts of mistakes will help learn the right decisions to make, hopefully.

Yeah thats what I mean though, hopefully making those sorts of mistakes will help learn the right decisions to make, hopefully.
It seems we're in furious agreement then.

Very happy with Howe's first year in B&W. After a slow start prob top 10 in the B&F.

He may have come across to play as a high HF/Wing but he played so well sweeping across HB when switched back he has to stay there now.

Wonder how he feels about the move 12 months on?

His old team won more games and finished on top of us (and beat us twice). He allegedly signed on for less coin and he is back playing the role he tried to get away from. There is also a chance his boyhood idol won't be his coach much longer either! At least he is still taking big grabs :thumbsu:

Very happy with Howe's first year in B&W. After a slow start prob top 10 in the B&F.

He may have come across to play as a high HF/Wing but he played so well sweeping across HB when switched back he has to stay there now.

His old team won more games and finished on top of us (and beat us twice). He allegedly signed on for less coin and he is back playing the role he tried to get away from. There is also a chance his boyhood idol won't be his coach much longer either! At least he is still taking big grabs :thumbsu:
This is what concerns me. Does he enjoy his role? If he doesn't then we may see a drop off next season

He's had a solid start at Pieland, should only continue on with it, may be better value forward of the ball in coming seasons

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Cloke seemingly gone plus Schaz, Langdon, Keefe and Marsh all coming back into the side and competing for spots in the backline, have we seen the last of Howe down back? Posssibly!!

What a year though fantastic to watch!

Last edited:

I think if Shazza and Ramsay are right to go next year we could see Howe playing the role he wants to play further up the ground.

From the outside looking in he seems to be enjoying his footy even with the facts you've pointed out. I think we were better than we would've been without him so hopefully he is happy!

We may need to consider playing Howe forward again considering Cloke has now left. He isn't KPP height, but he is at least an aerial threat.

It would be a fairly dynamic forward line with Elliott, Fasolo, Howe, Moore and White. Everyone mobile and quick. We could then afford to sit a slow guy like Mason Cox at full forward if we wanted to.

Why doesn't Sidebottom ever launch into his kick.. he rarely does.. and he is actually a long kick. It's quite strange. Just boot the f out of it for once reeee.

Steele actually isn't a very long kick, that's why he had a shot from 50m on his left against Hawthorn.
Obviously has worked out he can kick it longer on his left ala Leon Cameron.
Edit: Howe had a fantastic year, didn't know what he'd produce but produce he did.

We may need to consider playing Howe forward again considering Cloke has now left. He isn't KPP height, but he is at least an aerial threat.

It would be a fairly dynamic forward line with Elliott, Fasolo, Howe, Moore and White. Everyone mobile and quick. We could then afford to sit a slow guy like Mason Cox at full forward if we wanted to.

I really like him in defence tbh. The ability he has to read the play coming in and intercept is good. Most of the time he is a good user of the ball as well which is what we need coming out of defence.

I think the return of Elliot and Fasolo provides enough aerial threat in the forward line. I would be trying to get a good KP forward though, but yeah my point is Howe to stay in defence

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Jeremy Howe

Remove this Banner Ad

Back