Player Watch Jeremy Howe

Remove this Banner Ad

Howe only just joined the leadership group and he's already going above and beyond, sacrificing his own game, "feigning" injury to step aside and get a game into Shazza to fix the selection committee error. Yay Jeremy!

Okay,

Let me preface this with the fact I love Jeremy. He has been a fantastic pick up for us and has tracked along really since coming over to us from Demonland. I wouldn't want to see him dropped, and despite what I'm about to say he's still an absolute core member of our backline! However, with all that in mind, his kicking inside the defensive 50 needs some work. I absolutely understand the backline is a high pressure environment, but under pressure he's usually good!

It's when he's taken an intercept mark or has space that he delivers some absolute clangers creating either a turnover or putting team mates under some seriously unnecessary pressure. I don't mean to throw him under the bus, but consider the following, with all of them happening in the first 1/4 during Brisbane when he should be fresh as a daisy and not ball butchering due to being tired and out of legs.

I know he's not the only one down there serving up some clangers, but he's also a lot more experienced than the other offenders so I'm going to hold him to a higher standard in terms of expectations. What are your thoughts?

Last edited:
Okay,

Let me preface this with the fact I love Jeremy. He has been a fantastic pick up for us and has tracked along really since coming over to us from Demonland. I wouldn't want to see him dropped, and despite what I'm about to say he's still an absolute core member of our backline! However, with all that in mind, his kicking inside the defensive 50 needs some work. I absolutely understand the backline is a high pressure environment, but under pressure he's usually good!

It's when he's taken an intercept mark or has space that he delivers some absolute clangers creating either a turnover or putting team mates under some seriously unnecessary pressure. I don't mean to throw him under the bus, but consider the following, with the majority of them happening in the first 1/4 During Brisbane when he should be fresh as a daisy and not ball butchering due to being tired and out of legs.
QYhrnbX.gif

pmfeinf.gif

OXGA6CG.gif

a3H17bc.gif

I know he's not the only one down there serving up some clangers, but he's also a lot more experienced than the other offenders so I'm going to hold him to a higher standard in terms of expectations. What are your thoughts?
First thought is that the gifs don't work properly when you post them all together.

Perhaps just me but, I thought the backline and just about everyone else was uncharacteristically sloppy by foot in BrisVegas, not sure if it was the conditions, fatigue, pressure or what it was but it was an exceptionally miserable game for skill levels for the most part of the game.

Perhaps just me but, I thought the backline and just about everyone else was uncharacteristically sloppy by foot in BrisVegas, not sure if it was the conditions, fatigue, pressure or what it was but it was an exceptionally miserable game for skill levels for the most part of the game.

Very true, you should see my collection of Appleby clangers! I don't want to hang him out to dry though as he's a youngin'.

Okay,

It's when he's taken an intercept mark or has space that he delivers some absolute clangers creating either a turnover or putting team mates under some seriously unnecessary pressure. I don't mean to throw him under the bus, but consider the following, with all of them happening in the first 1/4 during Brisbane when he should be fresh as a daisy and not ball butchering due to being tired and out of legs.

Yes he's had a few shockers lately, I put it down to occasionally biting off more than he can chew because he's generally a good kick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Breathe, these things happen in threes he should be OK, it's awareness at this stage.

Elliott, Moore and I'm including Smith as my three

Happen in 33s with Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Jeremy Howe

Remove this Banner Ad

Back