Player Watch Jeremy Howe

Remove this Banner Ad

Here you go: he has the most possessions of any defender league wide.

But other posters are right, you can't really quantify his quality via statistics. Taking clutch marks when the game is on the line isn't a statistic. He's just a boss.

This is a stat that I made up though: at the moment on form, I'd rank him in the top six defenders I've seen play as a pie (I'd love to see him in a final).

So far this year, he is our best defender, and one of the best in the league.
Playing the best footy of his career. Howe teamed with goldy on the other flank
Have taken so far, our backline from a worry to very reliable.

His not just an aweosme mark his an unbelievable spoiler....his timing is amazing
And that's the difference between his game with us and with Melbourne.
He's perfected the art of spoiling now.

Good article on Howe in The Age.

This year Howe would probably be leading Collingwood's best and fairest and should be in the All Australian team, not just the squad, but he probably won't be because perceptions take a long time to catch up to the reality of some players.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-stars-howe-perceptions-lag-20170617-gwt558.html
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-stars-howe-perceptions-lag-20170617-gwt558.html
Surely though he's getting in the AA team? He's been in imperious form down back this year, holding our ragtag backline together.

Whilst Howe should be an AA certainty, thus far, this season, Collingwood players always have to do that bit more to get the nod for honours.

Eg: the Bont has had a good year but hardly AA candidate, but bet he gets in. If he was one of ours (would be nice) on this season's form he'd not get in.

Just saying

His not just an aweosme mark his an unbelievable spoiler....his timing is amazing

Not only this but his decision making in deciding when to mark and when to spoil is impeccible. I dont think I can recall him going for the mark when he shouldnt have.

Which is always a risk when somebody is that good at high marking.....to keep his ego in check. I reckon he took more absolute hangers at Melbourne but has a farr better all round game at Collingwood.

Really deserving honour.
I'm sure numerous months ago I noted that Jeremy is thought of very very highly by those around him.
He's a natural respected individual.

Well done to him.

Great idea too to elevate him if that's the natural fit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had calf tightness, seems threadworthy
Thread isn't enough, surprised OP didn't ask Chief, the most stable genius, to start a new board dedicated to this topic.

Calf issue.
My understanding next week touch and go too.

Thread isn't enough, surprised OP didn't ask Chief, the most stable genius, to start a new board dedicated to this topic.

Thanks... couuldn't find that info on our website... the AFL website said he was omitted and couldn't find that info in all the "world is caving in" dribble on this site... so yes i thought it was threadworthy.

Can you ask Chief, the most stable genius, to sort it out?

P.S.... who is this "Chief, the most stable genius," dude you talk of? He sounds important...

What happened to this thread?

Is your post actually the OP now?

Why are you talking about the OP in the third person?

And who the **** is Chief, the most stable genius,?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Jeremy Howe

Remove this Banner Ad

Back