Prediction Jesse Hogan

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s never been loyal to team selections in regards to Tabs anyway. Don’t like the idea of choosing our team based on their team. That’s immediately being defensive. Never resort going down to the opposition’s level. Play the best 22 as possible, dominated on Sunday. Why change that?
Hmm yeah, not saying I agree with it but that's what I got from it.

Yeah, but Tabs played well, so the choosing based on opponent thingy may be an ‘out’ to explain why Tabs is dropped.

Agreed with you on selection, especially for forward positions. I like us to just announce Hogan for Ballantyne. Interesting to see what GC will do in response. “Call our bluff” and play a midget against Hogan? I’ll rather they adjust to us than we adjust to them.

To be honest, Ballantyne was in for the forward pressure to lock the ball in the forward 50. I’ll say Ballas is not effective in this department (without help) since other teams realized that his tackle can’t really stick and just try to shrug it off. Forcing opposition to select a taller (but hopefully less nimble) defensive back will be more effective in locking it in imo.
Ballas just doesn’t fit in today’s game, in term of pressure. He doesn’t hold his tackles with all the hard work he does. Hogan is fast enough. Schultz did a lot better in that defensive pressure role anyway, Banfield was immense.

You trade depth to balance your list. In principle I'd be open to trading a KPF if we really do have too many for a very good small forward.
Agree somewhat... but that KPF depth is what was needed in Round 1, Tabs almost didn't get up himself. Fortunes can turn on a dime. In saying that not sure how many is too many on the list.

Ballas just doesn’t fit in today’s game, in term of pressure. He doesn’t hold his tackles with all the hard work he does. Hogan is fast enough. Schultz did a lot better in that defensive pressure role anyway, Banfield was immense.
Ballantyne was the worst in our side for pressure acts, so he doesn't even put in the right effort

Darcy had triple and is probably half the speed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Jesse Hogan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back