Prediction Jesse Hogan

Remove this Banner Ad

Legitimate question about Hogan and only because I haven’t watched him play much before at Melbourne

Could he be used as a 80/20 midfield/forward for the foreseeable future ala bontempelli/cripps. Seems to have all the attributes required to do so

I ask this not because we now seemingly have depth in the key forward department but more so because we are thin in the midfield. And will be until the likes of Brayshaw, Cerra etc mature.

Of course if the key forwards stop firing can always shift hogan back permanently forward.

Thoughts ?

Legitimate question about Hogan and only because I haven’t watched him play much before at Melbourne

Could he be used as a 80/20 midfield/forward for the foreseeable future ala bontempelli/cripps. Seems to have all the attributes required to do so

I ask this not because we now seemingly have depth in the key forward department but more so because we are thin in the midfield. And will be until the likes of Brayshaw, Cerra etc mature.

Of course if the key forwards stop firing can always shift hogan back permanently forward.

Thoughts ?

My two cents is that he's much more a forward who can pinch hit in the midfield that Cripps and the Bont. Maybe 60/40 forward/mid at a stretch.

My two cents is that he's much more a forward who can pinch hit in the midfield that Cripps and the Bont. Maybe 60/40 forward/mid at a stretch.

If we bring Hogan in and try the 4 tall, I'd actually rather see McCarthy have a go through the ground more. Rate his tank and field kicking a bit more, Hogan better in isolated 1 on 1s and comparable set shot to McCarthy. Although it should be exciting seeing the both of them do that throughout a game.

If we bring Hogan in and try the 4 tall, I'd actually rather see McCarthy have a go through the ground more. Rate his tank and field kicking a bit more, Hogan better in isolated 1 on 1s and comparable set shot to McCarthy. Although it should be exciting seeing the both of them do that throughout a game.

You might be right but I'm just happy to see Cam in the team contributing right now.

Whatever we did with him last week we should just keep on rolling with until he 100% realises he belongs in the best 22 :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

https://t.co/W0cRQcdWxM?amp=1

I can’t stop looking at that forward line....hogan, Lobb, Tabs, Dardy...is this for real? Is someone playing a joke? No way Freo line can be that good. Add fast pace in the wings with hill and Langdon. Beast mode fyfe in the middle....Mundys class and ball work....Wilson’s pace and run at HB...shutdown defenders Hamling and Pierce. Sunday can’t come fast enough!!

Hoooooooogan FTW!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

Prediction Jesse Hogan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back