Prediction Jesse Hogan

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if you live in Perth, but no body really gives two rats about AFL stars, my best mate plays Basketball with the noongas and Walters is always down there, you can see Michael Johnson and co walking around the carousel any given weekend, just last month i was swimming at Serpentine Dam with Morabito and it was packed, he didn't have a soul bothering him
Listening to Pav’s interview last weekend he addressed this precise point and how being in the public eye was challenging more so when he was playing. He spoke of the difficulties in trying to maintain privacy as a player in Perth. Made sense to me.

So just out of interest, what are some things you like about the FFC?

Supporting for 24 years has been a challenge :D, Fyfe is the best player in the competition and can lead our guys to a Premiership.... i hope, we have literally done everything wrong from Day one, but i was young and needed a change from the Eagles, was naive, thought we would be successful but thus far has shown glimpses, i am loyal so won't jump off. 2016 - 19, enjoyed the young up starts, glad Ross Lyon's hand was forced into the rebuild albeit doing it in one go was pretty stupid, glad Bell has taken some leadership, still think we will have a non successful year but hoping we are at least competitive all games and beat the teams we should, always a challenge and its hard to say many positive things when it feels like youre drinking poison every year

nice playing it up for the like votes, i have lost family members but the world continues and we find a way, bills don't stop coming in for us common folk

*Edit: He died two years ago ffs, not last week
Edit 2: Seems he played 20 games last year also, again gimme a break

You are so focussed on timeframes and money. Anxiety and depression doesn't discriminate.

This thread has been become a bit toxic with posts revealing more about posters than Hogan. Anxiety, depression, even suicide, all hit pretty heavy in the high profile areas of sports and entertainment. These people are heavily scrutinised, judged and commented on publicly, often on a daily basis. It takes a toll.

I don’t get the ‘I didn’t sign up to be in the public eye BS.’ They know if they want to play AFL, yes they get well compensated financially but they’re also getting paid on average 4-5 times the average wage to kick a ball around and train for 10 months of the year. If they wanted anonymity, they can get a regular job like anyone of us. It comes as a part of the job...

This thread has been become a bit toxic with posts revealing more about posters than Hogan. Anxiety, depression, even suicide, all hit pretty heavy in the high profile areas of sports and entertainment. These people are heavily scrutinised, judged and commented on publicly, often on a daily basis. It takes a toll.

Doubt they read bigfooty

I don’t get the ‘I didn’t sign up to be in the public eye BS.’ They know if they want to play AFL, yes they get well compensated financially but they’re also getting paid on average 4-5 times the average wage to kick a ball around and train for 10 months of the year. If they wanted anonymity, they can get a regular job like anyone of us. It comes as a part of the job...
Or request a trade to a Queensland based team...

A pay check doesn't erase the stress and anxiety that comes with a job, no matter what the amount is. While the trade of is rational and logical, doesn't change the fact that being publicly scrutinized to the extent our players are would be a mind **** for most people, and certainly not one that can be imagined until it's experienced.

Privacy and anonymity are facts of life we take for granted and can't imagine going without. You can't expect a teenager to predict and prepare for something like that.

A junkie? Are you saying Hogan is a junkie?

You obviously don't know the true definition and to call someone who isn't is very poor taste.

My wife has anxiety, she’s on deluxitine and functions like a normal human, she doesn’t drink or party like an animal, so yeah I believe it’s a cop out

I believe Hogan is just a party animal who loves to go hard, like Cousins, like Bennell and doesn’t take responsibility for his actions and is gifted lifelines week after week, one week ban is hilarious tbh

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry I’m not a liberal and being a junkie is disguised with a mental illness call
“Sometimes people look for conspiracies when all there are are some simple errors”
- from somebody much more respected than you or I

“Sometimes people look for conspiracies when all there are are some simple errors”
- from somebody much more respected than you or I

If it was simple as anxiety why did Melbourne off-load him for free? Why did his mother not want him back in Perth

If it was simple as anxiety why did Melbourne off-load him for free? Why did his mother not want him back in Perth
It might seem unimaginable but maybe Melbourne just did what was right for the player? And it was far from free. They got a good deal for a player out of contract with a serious foot injury and used that to bring in May.

I don’t know his mum nor have I heard this before? Sounds like chat to me or is there a reliable source?

Maka im getting a trollish vibe from you.

I don’t troll I just speak my mind, most disagree but that’s fine, when we win a premiership I will be positive, I think every team bar Melbourne has won a cup since we’ve been in, obviously not GWS or Suns either

I also find it funny that every wrong we do is justified yet every thing other clubs do especially the eagles is cut throat and sackable, I just don’t understand our fans

Edit - of course Saints too, weesh how’d I forget them

I don’t troll I just speak my mind, most disagree but that’s fine, when we win a premiership I will be positive, I think every team bar Melbourne has won a cup since we’ve been in, obviously not GWS or Suns either
What if Hogan kicks 10 in the GF? 😱#taintedflag

Just kidding. It’s good to share different opinions. I think the media are scum and often blatantly make things up, especially to do with Freo. So it’s hard to know what’s what, unless you have close ties to certain players etc. Lots of people will claim to know somebody who knows somebody, and no doubt, sometimes that may be the case, but often it’s not. I always take media stories and BF stories with a pinch of salt. I prefer the koolaid from the Freo media department - at least it’s usually unemotive and follows a congruent story - unlike many of the other two sources.

#unitedbypurple
#dividedbyopinions

Th
What if Hogan kicks 10 in the GF? 😱#taintedflag

Just kidding. It’s good to share different opinions. I think the media are scum and often blatantly make things up, especially to do with Freo. So it’s hard to know what’s what, unless you have close ties to certain players etc. Lots of people will claim to know somebody who knows somebody, and no doubt, sometimes that may be the case, but often it’s not. I always take media stories and BF stories with a pinch of salt. I prefer the koolaid from the Freo media department - at least it’s usually unemotive and follows a congruent story - unlike many of the other two sources.

#unitedbypurple
#dividedbyopinions

That’s a great response to be honest and I wish Jesse hogan has a mammoth 100 goal year, media beat up is over the top, he didn’t hurt anyone, on the flip side my response still stands and if the kids in our team did the same thing they’d spend 6 months in the WAFL, I hope he has an amazing year

Settle down fans. We all want our team to do well. At leat he hasnt been asked to leave the club indefinitely. Hopefully he got the rocket he needed weather he was playing up or he has a serious mental issue. Win. Win.

The West trying to win over Freo fans with a positive story about Jesse...

https://thewest.com.au/sport/freman...be-better-than-matthew-pavlich-ng-b881152826z

They've come to the same conclusion as I did about Hogan. He is a gun key forward who also has the attributes of a forward flanker. He and McCarthy are the reason we can play 4 talls. They are both incredibly good kicks and smart footballers. McCarthy's pressure last week was honestly the best I've seen from any of our tall/medium forwards for a long time (ie going back to Mayne at his best) - as backed up by stats. If he brings that each week our forward line will be awesome.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back