Player Watch JHF - Jason Horne-Francis

Remove this Banner Ad

This idea that he’s being boo’d because he “gamed” the draft system is ridiculous.

Archie Perkins told clubs he wouldn’t move interstate, does he get boo’d?

Bailey Smith told clubs he doesn’t want to leave vic, does he get boo’d?

Talk early Wingard purportedly interviewed terribly so he wouldn’t end up at the giants, did he get boo’d?

Tom Boyd left after 1 year, did he get continually boo’d?

Not one of them did. This is a straight out vendetta by small minded people with a follow on sheep mentality towards JHF. Yes North fans have a right to be annoyed and disappointed that he left and expect they will give it to him when we play. But other clubs getting in on it? That’s pathetic by those supporters.

He admitted day 1 he didn’t handle last year the best and made mistakes. Yet even admitting he wasn’t perfect opposition fans still want to just rip him for absolutely no reason while giving a free pass to the countless number of young players who left early or flat out tell clubs I’m not going anywhere.

The likes of Perkins and Smith are the ones who’ve interfered with the integrity of the draft system. If that’s the reason the Vics are upset, how about they rip into those guys as well.

North are happy with the picks they got from the trade and port are happy. It’s only all these small minded sheep around the country that seem upset by Jase and coming home.

This post is hilarious.

The likes of Perkins, Smith, Wingard, LDU, Bazzo etc don't get booed for the exact reason you have just outlined.

They had the minerals to tell the clubs BEFORE the draft they didn't want to move interstate.

In some cases they had extremely legitimate reasons to do so (LDU's father was diagnosed with terminal cancer in his draft year and died 3 years into his career, Bazzo is close to a mentally disabled brother etc...)

The view of some in the football industry in Melbourne is not only were Ben Williams and JHF potentially dishonest (to a level almost not seen in the draft system) in the interview and vetting process, but outwardly sought the #1 pick mantle for future commercial gain (he will always be the #1 pick and will enhance future earnings moving back to Adelaide), despite all the while planning to move back immediately, but were intentionally deceitful to North in the entire process....

The above is the reason why the Melbourne media openly hate JHF/Williams, the general football public in Melbourne have by extension absorbed some of this reporting and Kane Cornes has only fed it = the booing we are now seeing from neutral fans

Last edited:

1. Im not your ‘mate’

2. You bizarrely assumed that anyone who boo’s (for the record I don’t..) that if their own child got boo’d at work they would have mental issues and end up on a current affair - Ive never heard anything so stupid in all my life.

3. My daughter has been raised to front bullies from the time she could reason so there’s no way she would have a cry and roll over, she‘s been taught to be mentally tough - and she is. I would assume a high profile, number one draft pick, who used NMFC as a springboard to get home on $850k per annum gravy train would have put some thought into the repercussions that would create, but he obviously didn’t..

4. If I’m an idiot then you’re a dead set plonker..
yes i see it all the time, people are the ultimate hypocrites with this sort of stuff, one rule for others and another for their own when it actually happens.

it's called a bit of hyperbole... i don't literally mean mental breakdown and on accurent affair.. but i assume you take it literally and don't read between the lines with the point.

lol yes mate i am sure once again you will take it amazingly well if your daughter gets abused, and i am sure she will be super awesome at taking it. I think your full of shit personally and just trying to make your point on a forum because your wound up about a player leaving your club and want to justify it. and btw you're the one bringing up your daughter not me, i am just calling you as full of shit on your comparison.

I don’t believe we threw our hat in the ring but I’m sure he would have considered Carlton if we made the call.

It was less about getting to Port and more about getting out of Northf Melbourne.

Haha yeah but you completely contradict yourself by saying he is better off at a club with ‘good culture’ and ‘high standards’. North have been poor for a few years, Carlton have been putrid for 20 years.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

People been booing & jeering since Roman times at the Colosseum ….

But ol’mate thinks it’s a unique Aussie AFL
problem ??!

Bless 🤣😂
which sports currently carry on and boo and abuse as much as aussie rules footy for players leaving? would love a list. you probably have to go to WWE wrestling to find your comparison. NFL doesnt, baseball doesnt, soccer doesnt.

you might find some sport in a third world country somewhere.

which sports currently carry on and boo and abuse as much as aussie rules footy for players leaving? would love a list. you probably have to go to WWE wrestling to find your comparison. NFL doesnt, baseball doesnt, soccer doesnt.

The NBA definitely does..

This post is hilarious.

The likes of Perkins, Smith, Wingard, LDU, Bazzo etc don't get booed for the exact reason you have just outlined.

They had the minerals to tell the clubs BEFORE the draft they didn't want to move interstate.

In some cases they had extremely legitimate reasons to do so (LDU's father was diagnosed with terminal cancer in his draft year and died 3 years into his career, Bazzo is close to a mentally disabled brother etc...)

The view of some in the football industry in Melbourne is not only were Ben Williams and JHF potentially dishonest (to a level almost not seen in the draft system) in the interview and vetting process, but outwardly sought the #1 pick mantle for future commercial gain (he will always be the #1 pick and will enhance future earnings moving back to Adelaide), despite all the while planning to move back immediately, but were intentionally deceitful to North in the entire process....

The above is the reason why the Melbourne media openly hate JHF/Williams, the general football public in Melbourne have by extension absorbed some of this reporting and Kane Cornes has only fed it = the booing we are now seeing from neutral fans

Or you know, he actually just changed his mind and came to the realisation he didn’t want to be at North and called it early.

It’s all just complete speculative nonsense. He may have had every intention early when drafted that he wanted to be at North and was excited for what that may bring. Very reasonable that he also may have changed his mind during the year given what a complete mess the club was on and off the field with coaches sacked, recruiters walking out, undiagnosed injuries and a playing group that apparently all disliked him while also then getting pumped with a terrible list ontop of that.

Maybe just maybe, he didn’t plot this big elaborate plan that he wanted to take the glory and benefits of being number one to walk out 12 months later but rather, simply made a decision as to what was better for himself.

Also quite depressing if an 18 year old can out smart and out manoeuvre your whole club, recruiters and coaches into tricking them into taking him pick 1 with a pre planned intention of leaving that early. If an 18 year old can pull that off whilst the club is none the wiser then that’s a huge concern for how North is being ran as a club.

But no, I don’t think that’s actually the case and it’s a false narrative that’s been driven up to conjure up more hate and anger towards him as North are looking to deflect and look for reason as to why he didn’t stay. It’s easier to place all the blame on him and his manager that it was a pre convinced plan rather than acknowledging North fell well short in their management of him and he simply decided after being at North that it wasn’t for him and he wanted to return home.

Also I didn’t mention LDU at all so not sure why the need to bring him into it....

yes i see it all the time, people are the ultimate hypocrites with this sort of stuff, one rule for others and another for their own when it actually happens.

it's called a bit of hyperbole... i don't literally mean mental breakdown and on accurent affair.. but i assume you take it literally and don't read between the lines with the point.

lol yes mate i am sure once again you will take it amazingly well if your daughter gets abused, and i am sure she will be super awesome at taking it. I think your full of s**t personally and just trying to make your point on a forum because your wound up about a player leaving your club and want to justify it. and btw you're the one bringing up your daughter not me, i am just calling you as full of s**t on your comparison.
Confirmed you’re a moron and Username checks out beautifully 🤣🤣🤣👌

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This kid is going to be a star player. Was probably always told that too. He wanted to be No1 draft pick. Best young lad in the land. Tick. He was that. Very clearly he cares what the outside think. This is evident now more than ever with the booing. Kid, you wanted to be number 1 pick, you got it, you then left - a bottom blue collar side who needed you - and now you want to whinge about getting boooed. Seriously, this is beyond precious.

This kid is going to be a star player. Was probably always told that too. He wanted to be No1 draft pick. Best young lad in the land. Tick. He was that. Very clearly he cares what the outside think. This is evident now more than ever with the booing. Kid, you wanted to be number 1 pick, you got it, you then left - a bottom blue collar side who needed you - and now you want to whinge about getting boooed. Seriously, this is beyond precious.

I don't recall Jason whinging about being boo'd, Hinkley was firmly calling out David King more than booing.

RvuiO5ajMpZ6Q8q-5yfsomyo2ag=.gif

I don't recall Jason whinging about being boo'd, Hinkley was firmly calling out David King more than booing.

Interesting. Seems strange that he would get asked a question about JHF being booed, and answer it by going after David king.

Im unaware of these comments made by king about Jase. What comments was Hinkley referring to?

Or you know, he actually just changed his mind and came to the realisation he didn’t want to be at North and called it early.

Or you know, maybe your club and the Horne-Francis camp did actually do something really shitty, something that is beyond the pale in terms of not being in the cultural spirit of the competition/game, hence why an increasing number of oppo supporters are just as appalled
Maybe just maybe, he didn’t plot this big elaborate plan that he wanted to take the glory and benefits of being number one to walk out 12 months later but rather, simply made a decision as to what was better for himself.

No maybes about it. No way Jase plotted or planned this. The manager and the step-dad did, and highly likely Port were on board from the start. I am actually starting to feel sorry for the kid, people around him are riding on the coat-tails of his talent.

Also quite depressing if an 18 year old can out smart and out manoeuvre your whole club, recruiters and coaches into tricking them into taking him pick 1 with a pre planned intention of leaving that early. If an 18 year old can pull that off whilst the club is none the wiser then that’s a huge concern for how North is being ran as a club.

Not as depressing as the notion that an AFL recruiter now needs a degree in advanced interrogation techniques and criminology to safeguard themselves against being reamed by unprincipled, dishonest slimebucket player managers.

Have North fans come to terms with the fact their club/every other club talks to contracted players/managers throughout the year? They seem to think its only Port that has done this and thats their excuse for the disgraceful crap they harp on about in regard to JHF.

Do they really think they weren’t talking to the likes of Polec, Logue & Corr throughout the year before they left their respective clubs 😂

Correct me if I am wrong, but I have always been under the impression respect has to be earnt.
Your coach just can't ask people to respect you. I mean he can, but no one will.
So in your world if you have not yet earned someone's respect you should be openly disrespected?
This came about because Kenny and Co tapped up a contracted player. He went on radio and admitted he’d had meetings with the family of a contracted opposition player.

The corn did his victory lap, punching down on a club that only won a handful of games in the last few years, that’s kind of left a bad taste in everyone’s mouth.

You can spin it any other way you like but this mess is on port.
Your extremely naive
In what way?

Taking your anti-Clarko stance to a new level. Guess what, she has a personal relationship with him, and I suspect you've never met him. Doesn't stop you from sniping from the cheap seats, I see.

Sniping Sonja is just pathetic.

Mate, this whole bloody thing is just pathetic 🙄

Yeah you’re right ….. only in Australia 🤣😂

It was just an ice bath.

No, it wasn't.

Kudos to Kane Cornes for successfully manipulating the narrative so this is what people think, but it definitely wasn't "just an ice bath".

JHF skipped his conditioning, especially post-game conditioning, multiple times.

Or you know, maybe your club and the Horne-Francis camp did actually do something really shitty, something that is beyond the pale in terms of not being in the cultural spirit of the competition/game, hence why an increasing number of oppo supporters are just as appalled

No maybes about it. No way Jase plotted or planned this. The manager and the step-dad did, and highly likely Port were on board from the start. I am actually starting to feel sorry for the kid, people around him are riding on the coat-tails of his talent.

Not as depressing as the notion that an AFL recruiter now needs a degree in advanced interrogation techniques and criminology to safeguard themselves against being reamed by unprincipled, dishonest slimebucket player managers.

Now we cross live to the North Melbourne camp....

978C849D-796E-4C5D-BFB5-7D928C927D3F.gif

If it was some big pre planned conspiracy between Port and everyone else to get JHF back to Port we wouldn’t have gone so hard at Dunkley. We clearly didn’t have the capital to get both (North spent a few weeks arguing we didn’t even have the capital for just JHF) so wouldn’t have been gunning so hard if we had this other 12 month long plan waiting in the wings just waiting to break!

6E560695-69E2-48F6-BBF0-94BB99A200F7.gif

Or, it actually wasn’t planned ahead and Port jumped at an opportunity when it came. But once again, that doesn’t suit the narrative even though one is much much more plausible than the other.

C8437028-731A-453A-8D4B-AFB6CFBD301E.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch JHF - Jason Horne-Francis

Remove this Banner Ad

Back