Player Watch JHF - Jason Horne-Francis

Remove this Banner Ad

It is good times!
If You Say So Shrug GIF

Bit of Paddy Dow about him, actually.

Yeah

Learnt a lot about preparation from what happened at North

In the same way I learnt about smoking and alcohol abuse as a teenager. By realising after the fact that some people have no idea what is good for you.
Shit must of missed that memo from the sports scientists about the detrimental effects of ice baths on recovery

Watched the Port/Freo game last night. Can't believe Port are paying Duddy Shanklin $1,000,000 a season to serve up hospital handballs.

He was one of the only bright sparks for Port yesterday. Gee he's going to be a ripper if he can get his body right this year. Bit of a setback from surgery and obviously not 100% but he is going to have some 3 voters this season.

Will need to build his tank ala Petracca before permanent midfield time but could be dangerous as a HFF.

So more of the same last night.

Looks a million dollars when he decides to attack the contest but very disinterested when not in the play, happy to let his man run off, average disposals and giving away free kicks.

Good times!

I mean he's clearly underdone but still finished the game with 6 tackles (2nd highest for Port, equal 3rd for the game). Pretty fair effort to go along with 20 + touches.

Gives away a lot of frees. Needs to control his aggression but he will learn that over time.

Disliking the kid because he jilted you is fair but trying to find reasons (wishfully) for him to fail is pretty pathetic.

At the moment he has shown nothing to prove he is a better player than any of N.Daicos, Ashcroft, Sheezel, Rachele

I love how many times he gets compared against Sheezel along the lines of “JHF hasn’t proven anything yet compared to Sheezel!”.

Are we forgetting Sheezel hasn’t even played an AFL game yet and hasn’t proven a dam thing at that level?

And if they all turn out to be stars of the comp, he doesn’t have to be better than them. I doubt the Tigers, Cats and Melbourne are getting cut up about the fact one has Danger, one has Dusty and one has Petracca. If they all turn out to be guns, who gives a dam.

He was one of the only bright sparks for Port yesterday. Gee he's going to be a ripper if he can get his body right this year. Bit of a setback from surgery and obviously not 100% but he is going to have some 3 voters this season.

Will need to build his tank ala Petracca before permanent midfield time but could be dangerous as a HFF.
Could well be dangerous as a HFF. Will need to improve the consistency of his forward entries though. Whilst Hinkley is shite, Noble was far worse. Who knows, maybe one of Ports assistant coaches can help him with this.

I mean he's clearly underdone but still finished the game with 6 tackles (2nd highest for Port, equal 3rd for the game). Pretty fair effort to go along with 20 + touches.

Gives away a lot of frees. Needs to control his aggression but he will learn that over time.

Disliking the kid because he jilted you is fair but trying to find reasons (wishfully) for him to fail is pretty pathetic.
I’m kinda hoping he wins the brownlow one day just to see the north posters go nuclear

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love how many times he gets compared against Sheezel along the lines of “JHF hasn’t proven anything yet compared to Sheezel!”.

Are we forgetting Sheezel hasn’t even played an AFL game yet and hasn’t proven a dam thing at that level?

And if they all turn out to be stars of the comp, he doesn’t have to be better than them. I doubt the Tigers, Cats and Melbourne are getting cut up about the fact one has Danger, one has Dusty and one has Petracca. If they all turn out to be guns, who gives a dam.

No ones getting hung up at all. One is being spoken about in the media like hes the next Nathan Buckley, the other is Harry Sheezel.

JHF has proven nothing at the level, apart from the fact he is a difficult person to deal with, and is unprofessional. Sheezel has proven nothing at the level either.

Ginbey was drafted with Port’s 2022 first round pick which Port gave up in the JHF trade.

As well as their 2023 1st, 2nd and 3rd round pick.
Mate, even Shinboner diehard media-bully David King has Port Adelaide winning that trade, once you consider that you also gave up a #1 pick and Port also got Junior Rioli.

But that wouldn't suit the victim narrative North have cultivated would it? Most clubs incl 2011-12 Port Adelaide have been down there, takes a lot of effort to ditch that thinking, but you've gotta start somewhere.

Start by letting this one go.

Mate, even Shinboner diehard media-bully David King has Port Adelaide winning that trade, once you consider that you also gave up a #1 pick and Port also got Junior Rioli.

But that wouldn't suit the victim narrative North have cultivated would it? Most clubs incl 2011-12 Port Adelaide have been down there, takes a lot of effort to ditch that thinking, but you've gotta start somewhere.

Start by letting this one go.
lol, the dafty completely forgot that we ended up with JHF in the trade, and Ginbey is at WC. What a huge win for North.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch JHF - Jason Horne-Francis

Remove this Banner Ad

Back