Player Watch JHF - Jason Horne-Francis

Remove this Banner Ad

Lots of pressure on Jase and Port Power (est. 1997) this week. After a terrible pre-season and a home game first up, the fans could get very restless if it goes poorly and if Jase continues to show that he is a lazy, me-first player as he has throughout the pre-season. I bet tarp providers throughout Alberton are rubbing their hands together this week.

It's also really concerning that many Port Power (est. 1997) legends have put the weight of so much expectation on him already, with one of the all-time greats of their esteemed 27-year history, Dean Brogan, already anointing him the best leader at the club. Surely this has to be a concern after it had already emerged that their coach had singled him out for laziness, his refusal to do the team things, and his unwillingness to put his body on the line throughout pre-season. And this after they gave up a king's ransom to get him to the club. I just hope he is willing to do his post-game recovery this year because he's going to need it with all that weight on his shoulders.

Is it that the Port Power (est. 1997) legends like Dean Brogan are just so out of touch with their club? Or is it really so dire down at Alberton that a lazy coward is already their best leader? I guess time will tell.

This is disgraceful.

You can have a professional sports league without a draft, they exist, in fact they’re even more common.

Fans should be pissed the AFL has a system in place that has players playing for clubs they don’t want to play for.
And plenty of the major leagues have drafts. Not sure they have as many players complain about not playing in the city they grew up in.

But again, the player is fortunate to have a choice when playing footy. The majority understand it’s a national competition and don’t have a problem with it. A very small % do. The game is above the individual. Go and play state league footy.

And plenty of the major leagues have drafts. Not sure they have as many players complain about not playing in the city they grew up in.

But again, the player is fortunate to have a choice when playing footy. The majority understand it’s a national competition and don’t have a problem with it. A very small % do. The game is above the individual. Go and play state league footy.
American major sports do.

The players couldn’t care less if it’s a National or state league competition, they just want to play at highest level. Some players are happy to move states, some players prefer staying home, nothing wrong with either option.

JHF did move interstate

And JHF didn’t have to stay at North and requested a trade, North Melbourne obliged. I’m glad everyone likes the current system.

I think it’s the supporters that feel entitled to someone else’s life.

Lucky for JHF that Port Adelaide is up his alley where he can do the thing in life that he wants to do. No reason for him to miss out.
He broke a contract and acted like a spoilt brat. Says more about his character than anything else.

Don't want to be professional? Spit the dummy and request a trade back to SA. Doesn't bode well for his career, tbh.

Having said this, it's less about JHF and more about the entitled Vic Metro players who actively say they won't go interstate and are applauded for it by the Vic media.

I'd personally be completely fine without a draft. Being a supporter of the richest club in the League, we'd likely triple our premiership count in the next 20 years.

Having said that, there is a draft. And just like any number of employees I had when I was a manager in hospitality, who cracked the shits when I would've give them a bar role even though they applied for a waiter's role, these people need to understand what they are applying for to begin with.

He broke a contract and acted like a spoilt brat. Says more about his character than anything else.

Don't want to be professional? Spit the dummy and request a trade back to SA. Doesn't bode well for his career, tbh.
No here is saying he has high character. North agreed to trade him under contract. You said in your other post “no body needs to stay at a club if they don’t want, just be honest” well JHF didn’t want to stay and he was honest. North agreed to trade him under contract. If he’s unprofessional it’s now Ports problem, North should be happy.
Having said this, it's less about JHF and more about the entitled Vic Metro players who actively say they won't go interstate and are applauded for it by the Vic media.
Now when Vic Metro players are honest you don’t like it? You want honesty or not?
I'd personally be completely fine without a draft. Being a supporter of the richest club in the League, we'd likely triple our premiership count in the next 20 years.
There would still be a salary cap, being rich doesn’t allow you to spend more than the salary cap.
Having said that, there is a draft. And just like any number of employees I had when I was a manager in hospitality, who cracked the shits when I would've give them a bar role even though they applied for a waiter's role, these people need to understand what they are applying for to begin with.
Correct there is a draft, and that’s what my first post was about, that’s what fans should be upset with. A system that is outdated and not used in any other Australian sporting league.

Funny my missus is director of operations for a restaurant group and been a manager at many places previously, just asking her now about your waiter/behind the bar situation, she said that if someone really wants to work behind the bar they are happy to train them up, if they don’t that staff member is free and often does find another job that suits them better, just because sign doesn’t mean you’re stuck there forever, Just because an AFL player signs up through the draft, doesn’t mean he is stuck there forever, they can find a situation that is better for them.

No here is saying he has high character. North agreed to trade him under contract. You said in your other post “no body needs to stay at a club if they don’t want, just be honest” well JHF didn’t want to stay and he was honest. North agreed to trade him under contract. If he’s unprofessional it’s now Ports problem, North should be happy.

Now when Vic Metro players are honest you don’t like it? You want honesty or not?

There would still be a salary cap, being rich doesn’t allow you to spend more than the salary cap.

Correct there is a draft, and that’s what my first post was about, that’s what fans should be upset with. A system that is outdated and not used in any other Australian sporting league.

Funny my missus is director of operations for a restaurant group and been a manager at many places previously, just asking her now about your waiter/behind the bar situation, she said that if someone really wants to work behind the bar they are happy to train them up, if they don’t that staff member is free and often does find another job that suits them better, just because sign doesn’t mean you’re stuck there forever, Just because an AFL player signs up through the draft, doesn’t mean he is stuck there forever, they can find a situation that is better for them.
Good post.

Salary cap contributes about 10 times more to the equalisation of the competition than the draft does.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lots of pressure on Jase and Port Power (est. 1997) this week. After a terrible pre-season and a home game first up, the fans could get very restless if it goes poorly and if Jase continues to show that he is a lazy, me-first player as he has throughout the pre-season. I bet tarp providers throughout Alberton are rubbing their hands together this week.

It's also really concerning that many Port Power (est. 1997) legends have put the weight of so much expectation on him already, with one of the all-time greats of their esteemed 27-year history, Dean Brogan, already anointing him the best leader at the club. Surely this has to be a concern after it had already emerged that their coach had singled him out for laziness, his refusal to do the team things, and his unwillingness to put his body on the line throughout pre-season. And this after they gave up a king's ransom to get him to the club. I just hope he is willing to do his post-game recovery this year because he's going to need it with all that weight on his shoulders.

Is it that the Port Power (est. 1997) legends like Dean Brogan are just so out of touch with their club? Or is it really so dire down at Alberton that a lazy coward is already their best leader? I guess time will tell.
While there is pressure it should be directed at no success stinkley before blaming the new recruit.

#sackhinkley

Will be interesting to see who North blame their failures on this season now he’s dominating for the Power.
20 years of misery and abject failure, despite All the money and resources your cheating mob has and you’ve got the cheek to pot us? Starting off the year as always I see. A fail on the back of the same old suspects predicting a final berth yet again. Good luck baggers.

I blame the afl for systematically rorting the integrity of the ‘sport’ in favour of the same old clubs who have plants at all levels of the afl including the media.

Now heck right off peanut.

20 years of misery and abject failure, despite All the money and resources your cheating mob has and you’ve got the cheek to pot us? Starting off the year as always I see. A fail on the back of the same old suspects predicting a final berth yet again. Good luck baggers.

I blame the afl for systematically rorting the integrity of the ‘sport’ in favour of the same old clubs who have plants at all levels of the afl including the media.

Now * right off peanut.

Hey you have David King.

Mate north paired him with TT to show him the way in his first year.

Whoever put those two together should be sacked.

He’s hardly the beacon of professionalism you’d want to reflect upon their biggest hope in almost 20 years.
They share the same manager , think it was his idea lol

They both could do with a new one fyi

Wasn’t JHF initially paired with CCJ but JHF wasn’t a good housemate so other arrangements needed to be made?

If that’s the case it’s pretty loose of the club to let his manager dictate who should bring their superstar up in the right environment.

Player managers shouldn’t have that much power at clubs. If indeed your story is true.

If that’s the case it’s pretty loose of the club to let his manager dictate who should bring their superstar up in the right environment.

Player managers shouldn’t have that much power at clubs. If indeed your story is true.

It's true.

Remember It's the same player manager who thought it was a good idea to advise a number 1 draft pick to break his contract after one season.

Now * right off peanut.

Hey mate

Please stick to the thread topic

Thanks

Wasn’t JHF initially paired with CCJ but JHF wasn’t a good housemate so other arrangements needed to be made?

Yeah apparently CCJ couldn't get along with him. But I have only read about that on BF.

Rawlings at the time did state we had no choice but to trade JHF, which suggests some relationships were broken beyond repair.

I did hear some players would have left had JHF stayed, but who knows really.

Personally, I'm not fussed Jase has gone, just gets a little frustrating hearing it's all on North. The Corn is a great example, doesn't mind going into detail about the things he believes North got wrong. On Jase he just says he could have done somethings better.

Wish he'd list ALL those things. Macca's for dinner at 4am after a long night online gaming would be a good place to start lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch JHF - Jason Horne-Francis

Remove this Banner Ad

Back