Player Watch JHF - Jason Horne-Francis

Remove this Banner Ad

This is what loyalty to your football club looks like.

Not that the little runt Judas would know.

As long as he has a career in the AFL...we'll conduct our selves accordingly.

Oh no.....17 clubs are really disappointed they couldn't prize Cam Zuhaar out of North Melbourne.

Oh the suiters he must have had.

A lot of players in a struggling team want to be apart of the solution, rather than running away at the first opportunity. North will get there eventually, with the right group of players. JHF clearly wasn’t cut out to get his hands dirty.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I did hear that a couple of those “players in a struggling team” made it known they didn’t want to leave home at draft time at all.

I don’t really care, at least they called it out, they are equivalents across the country so not limited to any single team.

But it does become interesting when some supporter bases think it’s a character flaw, because I’d hate to know what they think of their own.

I did hear that a couple of those “players in a struggling team” made it known they didn’t want to leave home at draft time at all.

I don’t really care, at least they called it out, they are equivalents across the country so not limited to any single team.

But it does become interesting when some supporter bases think it’s a character flaw, because I’d hate to know what they think of their own.

The bloke went to bed on draft night in a North jumper. He 100% committed to North. People clearly got in his ear during the year and he did a backflip. A ‘flaw in character’ is exactly what I would call it.

The bloke went to bed on draft night in a North jumper. He 100% committed to North. People clearly got in his ear during the year and he did a backflip. A ‘flaw in character’ is exactly what I would call it.

Why is it a flaw in character to make a career move that he felt was best for him?

This is what loyalty to your football club looks like.

Not that the little runt Judas would know.

As long as he has a career in the AFL...we'll conduct our selves accordingly.

Lol North fans spent all season looking at Zuurhar saying "he's already checked out hasn't he? He's already left.."

Nop!

That's just the campaigner you resigned for 5 years

Why is it a flaw in character to make a career move that he felt was best for him?

Because he committed to being a part of our future, signed a contract and was gone less than 12 months later. It was really weak character and lacked integrity.

He played great, but the big criticism of him has and continues to be that he only plays well when his team are dominating.

Yet to see him have a truly elite game in a tight one, especially a loss.

Yesterday didn't change any perceptions.

North were a basket case, on and off the field. Even many of your own fans have admitted it.

There's been fundamental change in both since then, but JHF had seen enough and made a decision to move.

You guys got great value from the trade, Port got a great player. Everyone should be happy with the outcome, I'm really not clear why ppl are still salty about it.

He played great, but the big criticism of him has and continues to be that he only plays well when his team are dominating.

Rubbish, he's been one of the few that have tried to get us going in some of our losses this year.

He's also still incredibly young, so expecting him to carry the team at that age is ridiculous

I think most North supporters would have preferred he was simply up front with us pre-draft, and then we would have possibly traded with the Crows before hand and saved a lot of heartache.
So you don't think it's a possibility that he did commit 100%, realised it wasn't for him at some point during the season and came out and asked for a trade?

North weren't exactly going well on and off the field at the time, and he was paired up with Tarryn Thomas as a mentor if I recall correctly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's pure bullshit. He has had queries from certain sectors over his defensive game, but those voices have mostly died out. As for "only plays well when his team are dominating" - he has pretty much single handedly dragged us over the line in several games this season. So I call BS on that one too.

Because he committed to being a part of our future, signed a contract and was gone less than 12 months later. It was really weak character and lacked integrity.

Committed to being a part of your future and signed a contract?

It’s a draft. He didn’t choose North, it was play for North or don’t play AFL.

And the contract meant that North were well within their rights to keep him for 2023. They CHOSE not to, because letting him go and replacing him with Wardlaw was better for the club, just as JHF CHOSE to request a trade to Port because that was better for him.

Clubs flick players to the side the second a better option comes along all the time. Why is it a flaw in character for a player to do the same?

...and he was paired up with Tarryn Thomas as a mentor if I recall correctly.

JHF was assigned a different team mate as his mentor at first, but clashed with him and specifically requested Tarryn Thomas.

I understand North fans holding a grudge, but long run it only set them back a year and they were able to take a mulligan the year after (and look to have nailed that).

Like him or not, JHF is a gun. I'd have him at Freo in a heartbeat. Yes he can be petulant, yes he has had periods of disappearing, but he's young and clearly on a rapid upward trajectory. I don't think the issue with his compressed veins/arteries (can't remember exactly) can be overstated; was clearly causing him massive problems and significant pain (imagine being berated for not doing something that caused you agony; hardly surprising he bucked against the ice baths).

TLDR: Kid's a gun - can play fwd/mid, score and assist with high footy IQ. Deal with Port was a win-win.

On SM-G988U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

North were a basket case, on and off the field. Even many of your own fans have admitted it.

There's been fundamental change in both since then, but JHF had seen enough and made a decision to move.

You guys got great value from the trade, Port got a great player. Everyone should be happy with the outcome, I'm really not clear why ppl are still salty about it.

We were in the middle of a rebuild. He knew that when he wanted to be the number 1 pick. Every team that comes last is at the bottom of the scrap heap. It’s no coincidence that he is the only young player that has left the club. I’m sure he will grow up in time, but for some to say he doesn’t have flaws in his character after the way he conducted himself that year are kidding themselves.

You really are in denial. His ability to exert influence from his disposals makes him a considerably more impactful player than someone with 30% more disposals.

Was at the game and his impact was greater than anyone on the ground despite havimg less disposals. Dunstall made specifoc mention to it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch JHF - Jason Horne-Francis

Remove this Banner Ad

Back