Jimmy Bartel - Norm Smith Medallist

Remove this Banner Ad

The voting went like this:

Bartel - 13 (3 3 3 3 1)
Selwood - 9 (2 2 2 2 1)
Hawkins - 5 (3 2)
Pendlebury - 2 (1 1)
Ling - 1 (1)

Well done Mr Bartel , thoroughly deserved .

BabyBombers007 he picked the Brownlow player winner and his votes and some others AND picked Geelong to win and Bartel to get the Norm Smith .
Well done :thumbsu:

The voting went like this:

Bartel - 13 (3 3 3 3 1)
Selwood - 9 (2 2 2 2 1)
Hawkins - 5 (3 2)
Pendlebury - 2 (1 1)
Ling - 1 (1)
Pretty good reflection in the end. Those were the best 5 players on the ground imo.

5. Bartel
4. Selwood
3. Ling
2. Hawkins
1. Pendlebury

Had Hawkins had kicked an extra two goals from those set shots I would have had him BOG.

Funny how history repeats. I remember the Norm Smith medallist from GF1 in 2010 kicking an identical goal at basically the exact same stage of the game.

Bartel is an absolute superstar. How good were his goals today?

Some games during the season it seemed he had lost a bit of touch. But great game today and always stands up in big games, never got a cheap possession all day, everything he did was effective. That goal at the end just showed his pure class.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, he is an absolute champion. Brownlow medalist, Norm Smith medalist and 3-time premiership player, a superstar.

That courageous mark and clutch goal in the third quarter ....

...as Sandy Roberts commented - 'What more can you say !!'

That's what real champions do. :thumbsu:

Bartel was great but I would have given it to Joel Selwood.

Still it was fabulous to see Malthouse NOT get the premiership send off he and Collingwood so desperately wanted:D

His 3 goals were all amazing. Snap from the boundary, set shot from a tricky angle and a kick from 55m to ice the game. Knew he'd kick all 3.

Gun.

I haven't looked at the stats, but I called it during the game that it's either Bartel's or Selwood's...both had great games...

If Hawkins kicked those goals that he missed...he might have been a chance.

At the risk of being about as popular as Andrew Bolt, I think they got it wrong.

Bartel led the match for clangers with 7 and had only 9 contested possessions. Also led in giving away 4 free kicks.

Hawkins had 7 contested marks and 15 contested possessions in total. Both kicked 3 goals. Hawkins stepped up when there was nobody else to turn to.

Selwood had 17 contested and 7 tackles with 2 goals.

Those guys deserved it more than Bartel, and Steve Johnson was third IMO.

After last year when Goddard got screwed I thought they would have got some better judges.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jimmy Bartel - Norm Smith Medallist

Remove this Banner Ad

Back