Review JLT Community Series | Game 2 | NM vs Hawthorn @ Arden Street | Postmatch discussion & review

Remove this Banner Ad

They couldn't have fit many more people in. It looked like there was lots of space, but you need to account for many factors including ability to move around the ground (which was hard enough with very narrow paths), limited facilities, OH&S factors, etc. Can't have people packed in line sardines.

That said, the game was known about months before tickets were available, the fact it was sold out has been well publicised, so not entirely sure what you were expecting.

Not being rude, just sticking up for the organisers of the event, because I think it went perfectly.

On Pixel XL using BigFooty.com mobile app

Some of our younger guys we have seen in both JLT matches make our midfield so much flasher, our midfield will always be a line for a concern that we need the most work on, but it doesn't look as stale or as slow anymore thats for sure.

They couldn't have fit many more people in. It looked like there was lots of space, but you need to account for many factors including ability to move around the ground (which was hard enough with very narrow paths), limited facilities, OH&S factors, etc. Can't have people packed in line sardines.

That said, the game was known about months before tickets were available, the fact it was sold out has been well publicised, so not entirely sure what you were expecting.

Not being rude, just sticking up for the organisers of the event, because I think it went perfectly.

On Pixel XL using BigFooty.com mobile app
Fair enough i didn't think u were being rude, just explaining it how it is,
Cheers.

OH&S People.

It's not a ground with designated exits and paths. They have to leave the tickets under capacity.

Also, you rocked up without even looking to see if there were tickets left? After its been sold out for weeks? Sounds like the fault lies within.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OH&S People.

It's not a ground with designated exits and paths. They have to leave the tickets under capacity.

Also, you rocked up without even looking to see if there were tickets left? After its been sold out for weeks? Sounds like the fault lies within.
Yeah NM on Twitter had to urge people to be careful if they were going to bring their own chairs. Thankfully it seems it worked out so no harm no foul.

Is it you or naturally north that has been fairly critical of Durdin's endeavor and attitude in the past? If you, what is it that you've seen/heard that has changed this preseason? He's been really impressive in the two matches so far and should be playing round 1.

That was me.

Since after the Christmas period he has come back to the club with renewed focus and intensity from what I've been told

Yeah NM on Twitter had to urge people to be careful if they were going to bring their own chairs. Thankfully it seems it worked out so no harm no foul.

I nearly took a photo of what seats cause.

People up the front in seats, every other poor bastard behind them standing.

Where I was on the hill no seats, everyone on picnic blankets.

Dumont looking good, top 10 b&f finish coming up.
Won't play Rd 1. Just can't see where he fits if we invest in the running game and keep Ziebell, Swallow and Cunners in the team.

Here are the locks for Rd 1 in my view:

Williams Tarrant Mc Donald
EVW Durdin Thompson
Atley Cunnington Clarke
Rat Brown Higgins
Waite Daw Thomas
Goldy Swallow Ziebell
Gibson (doesn't matter if you want him or not, he will play)

So 3 spots left in my estimation.

On form, surely Dumont over Swallow?! At the very least to suggest he isn't a lock seems ridiculous.

Probably. Just want to make sure the run is there. Perhaps Dumont, Mountford, Macmillian with Gibson on the bench?

Dumont is a lock surely.

This!

A fully fit Dumont, Higgins and Cunnington is going to give us at worst, a very competitive midfield. Dumont was just all class, 26 disposals and a goal.

Swallow wasn't bad.
'...wasn't bad' isn't the same as good though, is it?

I dont like the people criticizing Swallow so much. He is the one at the bottom of every pack qtr in qtr out. He will be fine. Very frustrating to watch today and latter half of last year but I have faith.
It's only pre-season and he's capable of more, but in the spirit of 'select on merit', no player is immune from the force of nature that is BF criticism.

Dumont is better than Swallow and the gap is widening.
Swallow had a good second half but his best is behind him

Dumont simply has to play every game this year too. I had Swallow written off at half time but he came back into it well. Still Dumont has to play in front of him.

...Froggy can do everything that Swallow can and most things better, he hasn't Swallows experience, I know that, but with this new group, I don't see where he fits in. To be brutally honest, he could/will drag the standard down, particularly with ball usage and we can no longer carry those types of players.

A lot of talk about O'Meara in that game, but Trent Dumont was a clear best on ground for me and it wasn't even close. I've said from the start that he is just different gravy and he proved it again today. For someone who is nominally an inside mid, every single thing he does is just class. I don't think it's outrageous to say that he very well could be in our best handful of players in 12 months time. He's even a BnF smokey for this season imo.

He gets involved defensively and offensively, inside and outside, and generally makes smart decisions and now, good numbers.

Dumont's game being incredibly underrated in here. His kicking around the ground is fantastic. He times his handballs perfectly to give his teammates as much space as possible. Also covering the ground a lot better.

Gibson, Swallow out.
See above. Not being underrated, nor should he be.

Last edited:
Jed will slot into the squad and hopefully 22 nicely when he's fit and ready. Plenty of talent and speed to work with, just needs to stay on the park and build up his confidence
I wouldnt mid seeing him in the back half tbh, he's hard at the pill with pace. Most teams have at least 2 speedster forwards, Anderson, Williams would cover most. Im comfortable with our mid/ forward pace with the teams we've fielded so far so not against working Jed in from the back half.

Lovely day at the footy.

Neg:

My biggest concern is that good bloke will murder dancing feet in the real season. You don't make a fool of a good bloke.

Wagner's rookie tape showed him to be a fumbler and little has changed. He tries hard and I hope he make it, however I'm concerned.

Pos:

the bac:k 6 look good.
the middle 6 look good.
the forward 6 look ok but will be good with Brown and Waite fit and firing.
the bench looks powerful and talented.

Please Scotts, pick the best 22 on form for Rd 1 and I will be delighted.

Thought the complete opposite after his game today.

Mate, you make lots of posts about Wags and absolutely every one of them pumps his tyres. Are you related? I ask this as a genuine question, because you seem very biased towards him.

Like, wilfully ignoring his weaknesses and mistakes biased.

Personally, I thought he was only average. Again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review JLT Community Series | Game 2 | NM vs Hawthorn @ Arden Street | Postmatch discussion & review

Remove this Banner Ad

Back