Preview JLT Week 2 - Carlton vs St. Kilda @ Ikon Park, Wed 28th Feb 7:10pm - Team post #155

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doubtful we'll play all the young guys together and more likely most of the likely first-picked senior guys will play the second game only.
Some experience will be called upon.

Maybe something like this:

Byrne Marchbank O'Shea
Mullett Weitering ASilvagni

Lobbe Kennedy Dow
SPS ECurnow Williamson

Pickett McKay Thomas
Wright Kerr Silvagni

Macreadie Cuningham Shaw......and ideally Lang, although that's probably unlikely.

Our normal best 22 guys play in two of the three pre-season games normally don't they?
Nope: it's usually been an extremely young side in the first round, then the second string getting more of a go in the 2nd, but JLT1 has been replaced by AFLX.

I split stan and Netflix 4 ways with family so $3.75 each a month

Split foxtel go (39 per month through PlayStation) 2 ways with Essendon supporting mate only during footy season.

So I've got it all for $28 a month

Nope: it's usually been an extremely young side in the first round, then the second string getting more of a go in the 2nd, but JLT1 has been replaced by AFLX.
Yes, so I was thinking that the kids predominantly featured in the AFLX, so we'll see more seniors in this match and then a solid 16 or more in JLT2

Going by previous years, not expecting any wins. Bolts usually likes to push the players fitness by limiting rotations. May well be some second half blow outs, but that's okay. It's all in preparation for round one.

Going by previous years, not expecting any wins. Bolts usually likes to push the players fitness by limiting rotations. May well be some second half blow outs, but that's okay. It's all in preparation for round one.
Not sure we take the preseason as seriously as we used to. Not a bad thing, just a different way of going about it.

Looking forward to this one!
Doubtful we'll play all the young guys together and more likely most of the likely first-picked senior guys will play the second game only.
Some experience will be called upon.

Maybe something like this:

Byrne Marchbank O'Shea
Mullett Weitering ASilvagni

Lobbe Kennedy Dow
SPS ECurnow Williamson

Pickett McKay Thomas
Wright Kerr Silvagni

Macreadie Cuningham Shaw......and ideally Lang, although that's probably unlikely.

IMHO, more kids will get a run

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe you could consider selling a couple of the kids.
Not all are mine to sell.

Get more for spare parts than you would for the whole, trouble is finding buyers for all the bits at the same time

Can smell the liniment now ...

Excited to see if:
- Polson can show his speed from the JLT match last year
- one of our lower-rated player bobs up into Best 22 contention
- Cuningham lifts his possessions and stays on the park
- McKay, Garlett, Dow, Kerr is pressing for Senior 22
- we are moving the ball quickly and better to our forwards

Looking forward to this one!

IMHO, more kids will get a run

Can't see us playing 44 players across the two games. We may but we also may want to get some extra game time in some players. (maybe Kennedy, Byrne, Kerridge, Shaw, O'Shea)
You'd think that some players will play 2 games and some that may miss-out altogether. (McDaid, De Koning, Schumacher....and then maybe Lang & Phillips miss out as they may not quite be ready yet)

I also doubt the CFC will want to put a team out on Wednesday that will get smashed as was the case in 2016. Not good for the bean-counters.
The second game is also the one where the bulk of the possible round 1 start-team, gets assembled.

Could be all of that and could be none. We'll see.

As much as it will be good seeing the kids again I'd like to see Mullett / O'Shea play both to see if they play Round 1
AFLX was crap - but Marchbank and Macreadie disposal was worrying - Simmo needs a new partner back there to get us out of defensive 50.

Assume Lang not ready - but would like to see what he has - I haven't counted him as being near out best 22 yet.

Round 1 knocking off Tigers after the flag unveiling will be a great start to the year.

Ridiculous isn't it. A home and away game would struggle to get a crowd/TV audience on a Wednesday night, who would watch a practice game?

The good weather will bring people out. Can imagine they'd get a reasonable crowd there next week.

Can also see St.Kilda going in with a pretty strong squad. They're becoming the new Richmond - it's their time to shine in Feb/March.

Can't see us playing 44 players across the two games. We may but we also may want to get some extra game time in some players. (maybe Kennedy, Byrne, Kerridge, Shaw, O'Shea)
You'd think that some players will play 2 games and some that may miss-out altogether. (McDaid, De Koning, Schumacher....and then maybe Lang & Phillips miss out as they may not quite be ready yet)

I also doubt the CFC will want to put a team out on Wednesday that will get smashed as was the case in 2016. Not good for the bean-counters.
The second game is also the one where the bulk of the possible round 1 start-team, gets assembled.

Could be all of that and could be none. We'll see.

Yeah would be a bit stupid sending a team out to get smashed, just adds unwanted media heat before round 1. I'm sure bolts is putting in a competitive bunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back