Preview 2024 Round 24 Carlton vs St Kilda Sunday 25th August 3:20PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here ya go katmanblue
So what's happening, is that Saints player cheering with us used to support Carlton as a kid.
He's also relieved he doesn't have to put up with Ross for awhile.😃
Designer-34.jpeg

Last edited:

I just hope for a free flowing game played in high spirits and sportsmanship with no injuries to any of the players and showcasing the quality of talent we’ve all been blessed with.
Good luck to the Saints and Blues.
Be ****ed….. the last thing we want is a fast free flowing game ffs….🤣

We can only dream to one day having our full strength side on the park even if it was for one game.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
So long as people think Martin, Marchbank, Cuningham, Williams, Cerra and Gov are part of that full strength side then alas this will be nothing more than a dream.

I prefer Lions, they dint look to impressive tonight.

The Lions have literally the worst shots on goal conversion to goals % in the comp and have been poor for a while on that stat (and 11.21 last night). So that’s how they lose matches or don’t win by as many as they should. The risk is that everything connects for them on the day and they become unstoppable.

They actually kicked a pretty good for them 11.13.79 in the prelim against us but had they been more their usual selves it would have been maybe 8.16.64 and a one point game. In opening round this season they kicked 12.13 which is also pretty good for them but we kicked 13.8

Can’t rely on them to kick badly but hopefully we would be able to not give them direct shots within 40 meters.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Lions have literally the worst shots on goal conversion to goals % in the comp and have been poor for a while on that stat (and 11.21 last night). So that’s how they lose matches or don’t win by as many as they should. The risk is that everything connects for them on the day and they become unstoppable.

They actually kicked a pretty good for them 11.13.79 in the prelim against us but had they been more their usual selves it would have been maybe 8.16.64 and a one point game. In opening round this season they kicked 12.13 which is also pretty good for them but we kicked 13.8

Can’t rely on them to kick badly but hopefully we would be able to not give them direct shots within 40 meters.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It’s bizarre but we seem to straighten every team up.

Can’t believe it’s come down to the last game of the season.
So disappointing and disheartening from where we have been sitting all year.

....and with half of our best 22 sitting in the grandstand too...Yeah so disappointing and disheartening...
Meanwhile Sydney Swans roll into their 24th finals series in the last 29 years.

An Eagles mate of mine was saying the flag was there for the taking for us but we’ve shat the bed in every way known to man:
  • poor coaching selection and in game tactics
  • poor player performances in terms of skills, commitment and decision making
  • bad luck with injuries and horrendous S&C program contributing to repeat non collision injuries
  • lazy list management after last years run to the preliminary final

Meanwhile well run clubs like Sydney and Geelong finish top 4 and Hawthorn soars into the finals despite winning their last flag around the time we started our rebuild. These clubs are always looking to improve and don’t accept failure.

TBH we’ve become a bit of a joke. 8-9 years rebuilding with painful losses and little hope for most of it bar the last 12-18 months. In the off season everyone at the club needs to have a hard look at themselves and decide if they want to be truly successful or just be content with sporadic moments of happiness.

Like last week I have no expectation of winning today and fully expect us to lose and miss the finals so I’m not nervous at all. I actually think in the long run it might be better if we miss the finals so the club can feel some serious pain and it might actually drive them to get serious. Its slightly hard to believe they’d need another kick up the arse to jolt them after all the years losing.

This might all sound a bit melodramatic but the stretch of losses from Port to Hawthorn and the manner has killed any hope I have for the team this year as well as any trust the club have any idea what they are doing.

Last edited:
An Eagles mate of mine was saying the flag was there for the taking for us but we’ve shat the bed in every way known to man:
  • poor coaching selection and in game tactics
  • poor player performances in terms of skills, commitment and decision making
  • bad luck with injuries and horrendous S&C program contributing to repeat non collision injuries
- lazy list management after last years run to the preliminary final

Meanwhile well run clubs like Sydney and Geelong finish top 4 and Hawthorn soars into the finals despite winning their last flag around the time we started our rebuild. These clubs are always looking to improve and don’t accept failure.

TBH we’ve become a bit of joke. 8-9 years rebuilding with painful losses and little hope of most of bar the last 12-18 months. In the off season everyone at the club needs to have a hard look at themselves and decide if they want to be truly successful or just be content with sporadic moments of happiness.

Like last week I have no expectation of winning today and fully expect us to lose and miss the finals so I’m not nervous at all. I actually think in the long run it might be better if we miss the finals so the club can feel some serious pain and it might actually drive them to get serious. Its slightly hard to believe they’d need another kick up the arse to jolt them after all the years losing.

This might all sound a bit melodramatic but the stretch of losses from Port to Hawthorn and the manner has killed any hope I have for the team this year as well as any trust the club have any idea what they are doing.
The club and group it self has to grow up and grow up quickly in the preseason.

No more excuses from next season onwards. Its a top 2 finish or might as well blow it up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back