Jobs afl players do after footy ?

Remove this Banner Ad

James ‘Charlie’ Manson (1990 Pies premiership player who ended his career at Fitzroy, and was indeed a mad bastard) was a graphic designer

Greg Williams and Sticks Kernahan owned printing businesses back in the 90s

Peter Dean and Alan Richardson , like Bomber Thomson. were sparkies.

Lot of footballers who played before the league went professional had a qualification/trade behind them

Nowadays for every ex footballer
who lands that cushie 800k media gig there are 200 who are digging ditches or working some shitty retail job.

Nowadays for every ex footballer
who lands that cushie 800k media gig there are 200 who are digging ditches or working some shitty retail job.

How many have a gig on that money .... ? How many new faces get a gig each year, not many.

I tend to believe they need a 2nd income to pull great bucks, e.g Dermie, Eddie, Gary Lyon, Gerard Healy, dWayne, Karl Langdon.

How many have a gig on that money .... ? How many new faces get a gig each year, not many.

I tend to believe they need a 2nd income to pull great bucks, e.g Dermie, Eddie, Gary Lyon, Gerard Healy, dWayne, Karl Langdon.

It usually has to be a top line / A grader that gets this gig, ie Hodge , NRiewoldt have done it of late

but true, it’s a mix of TV and radio to get this type of coin

I know a few Swans move into finance as Leo Barry, Ted Richards and Mike Pyke all got internships at CityBank during their careers and after their careers moved into the industry.
Kurt Tippett too. At least that was his plan when I went to preseason industry breakfast where he and Ben McGlynn were there as guests. From memory, I think Benny was going to go back into the carpentry trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wasent he charged with taking customers deposits and spending it on hookers?

in an unrelated incident colin actuarlly passed away a few years ago in a car accident

I dont buy footballers are any more perfect/angelic than the rest of us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jobs afl players do after footy ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back