Jobs afl players do after footy ?

Remove this Banner Ad

If you can survive 5+ years on an afl list it would make a future career a bit easier as if you spent your money right would be well on the way to having a house paid off and set yourself up a bit.

They used to buy pubs or news agencies , some became teachers. These days I'm not sure. Fluffers in pr0n movies, chuggers or red rooster employees

Last edited:

Adam Hunter was working in a Boating, Camping, Fishing Store a few years back, not sure if that is still the case.

A lot of ex dockers are working or have worked in the Clontarf academies scattered around the state. Wills, Toia, Callaghan, Muir.

Daniel Bandy is in real estate.

Adam Hunter was working in a Boating, Camping, Fishing Store a few years back, not sure if that is still the case.

A lot of ex dockers are working or have worked in the Clontarf academies scattered around the state. Wills, Toia, Callaghan, Muir.

Daniel Bandy is in real estate.
Wills is an awesome bloke, really. Helped me out a fair bit myself despite not actually being able to be in Clontarf due to not being Aboriginal. He does a good job in the NT with the indigenous lads. He's not very good with his supercoach or dreamteam (forget which one) squad or at least he wasn't in 2011. Also during the time I knew him I had no clue who the hell he really was until someone else had told me, as he isn't the bloke to brag or chat about himself.

Edit - Found out that ex Hawthorn premiership player Brent Renouf works with Willsy

Is Peter Street in Footscray now? I saw an article on the news yesterday and there was an officer named Street being interviewed and it crossed my mind that he might have been ax ex-Footballer that I recognised.

Edit: yes, it's him.
There sure is a peter street in Footscray
IMG_1868.PNG

Ive bumped in to a few ex afl and nrl players in my times in he mines in Queensland and Western Australia.
The Carr brothers run a property development company out of perth also

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doug Hawkins was working as a traffic controller for a few years post-Footy Show. I don't know if he's still doing it.

He most certainly is, saw him with the stop/go sign in South Melbourne a few months ago...

A few others I know of:

Wayne Johnston owns and runs a road and rail traffic management company with his sons
John Kennedy Jnr. owns a plumbing business
Fraser Brown is an extremely wealthy property developer

Become instant sports journalists.

Why channel 7

WHY!?

It's not the fact that it happens, it's the players they pick.

I mean, Jimmy Bartel for example was a great footballer, but he has the personality of a wooden door, and always looks and sounds like he is stoned. No idea why they think he's a good fit for television.

Even someone like Richo still seems kind of awkward and uncomfortable, and he's been doing it for years now.

Is Peter Street in Footscray now? I saw an article on the news yesterday and there was an officer named Street being interviewed and it crossed my mind that he might have been ax ex-Footballer that I recognised.

Edit: yes, it's him.

Was that the fight in the barber shop? Saw him on Seven News on Tuesday night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back