Recommitted Joe Daniher 2019 [requested a trade to Sydney - didn't get there]

Remove this Banner Ad

i expect Joe Daniher to Retire

why i say that, just listening to Doc Peter Larkins on Trade radio, he was saying, JD had the same OP Lance Franklin + Dan Menzel Had, but Joe hasnt been able to get back to 100% :( but this goes back to 2017 his osteo Pubis Problems
Dr larkins?????
Really wow clutching at straws quoting him

Please. This guy has had one elite season in his career (2017), and his groin in f’ed, has barely played for two years. There is no way in hell he is worth 2x first rounders. Players currency is all based on their recent history, not living off former glory. Current value Papley > Daniher, every non Essendon supporter would agree.
Disagree with that, 9 and a 2nd round pick is probably Papley's value, while Daniher probably for pick 9

Facts:
1. He’s contracted until 2020 - Essendon Hand
2. 2020 He is a restricted free agent - Essendon loses hand massively
3. Injury history.

If the Swans get Daniher via free agency next year, Essendon will receive compo 1.

That’s a massive issue.

Gold Coast already have pick 11, possibly 6 NGA, Academy and father sons will go first round.

Plus, Essendon can’t get in another free agent without affecting their compo 1.

Big nose likes to win but it might be better to take pick 5 and 25. Yes, unders.

It’s way better than pick 10-18 next year.

Allows Essendon to go after a free agent next year and gives them assets to trade with.

Facts:
1. He’s contracted until 2020 - Essendon Hand
2. 2020 He is a restricted free agent - Essendon loses hand massively
3. Injury history.

If the Swans get Daniher via free agency next year, Essendon will receive compo 1.

That’s a massive issue.

Gold Coast already have pick 11, possibly 6 NGA, Academy and father sons will go first round.

Plus, Essendon can’t get in another free agent without affecting their compo 1.

Big nose likes to win but it might be better to take pick 5 and 25. Yes, unders.

It’s way better than pick 10-18 next year.

Allows Essendon to go after a free agent next year and gives them assets to trade with.
Yeah or the bombers get 12 extra months to convince him to stay on past his current contract. For the basketball fans see PG13, I know he got traded recently but he re-signed when everyone thought he was a 1 year rental then OKC flipped him for 7 first rounders.

It may not happen, he might still want to go as a free agent, bombers may match and force a trade then, he may break down and not play a game, AFL may get rid of FA compo (watch the EFC persecution complex kick in) but suggesting there’s no risk on the swans in waiting a year is short sighted.

I fully expect a trade to happen and for it to be less than EFC want, my club is concerned with perception (understandably) but I’d like them to hold him to the contract given that’s what a contract is supposed to be, I’m not a big wrap for players picking and choosing when they want to be in contract. EFC haven’t got value from their investment in Joe for the last couple of years and I don’t see him giving cash back, why should the club wear all the downside risk in the contract?

Lots of Swans fans including me want to steer well clear of this. Essendon haven't got a contract extension on the table because they're waiting to see if he goes ok in 2020? Well we feel the same.

Daniher has a very doubtful future, does not fit a team need, costs way too much in trade, costs salary cap that could be used better elsewhere. The fans are passing in droves, we can't believe the club is entertaining this unless he's cheap. We want him to stay at Essendon.

No chance Essendon get Pick 1.

They'll likely get an end of first round pick just like Rockliff - ~$650k a year / 4 years - 26/27 years of age.

No one is paying Daniher more than 650k guaranteed base a year. Not with his injury history. No chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First pick after your own.

So even if we win the wooden spoon we won't get pick 1.

No chance you get that either - refer points in my previous post.

Compensation is delivered in bandings, compo 1 is first round territory.

Aware. They didn't use "Band" tho. Thus confusion.

Define a compo 1?

Presumably he meant band 1 which is a 1st round selection (after your own natural selection).

https://www.afl.com.au/afl-hq/the-afl-explained/free-agency

0c68245fc7.png

Highly unlikely it's an end of 1st round compensation pick, it'll be a 1st round compensation pick so depending where you think Essendon will finish (I'd think 6-10 is our range, similar to this year) it'll be around a mid 1st round selection.

Daniher has a very doubtful future, does not fit a team need, costs way too much in trade, costs salary cap that could be used better elsewhere. The fans are passing in droves, we can't believe the club is entertaining this unless he's cheap. We want him to stay at Essendon.
Dont want him this year, barely want him as a restricted free agent next year. Let him sit out injured next year for the bombers. If hes ok and playing, take him as a restricted free agent and keep our draft picks for two decent players this year.

Agree with this 100%, don't really understand the push to get him this year (or at all, given his injury status and uncertainty about desire to play)
Just wait for him to be a RFA and grab him for free if he wants to come.

Use the cash this year to bring forward some of Franklins salary.

Current value Papley > Daniher, every non Essendon supporter would agree.
hahaha, no they wouldn't.

Papley is a decent player but what exactly has he done? He's a small forward (far less valuable than a star key forward) and couldn't even make the AA squad in his best season. Daniher has the potential to change a club's fortunes.

Papley is not worth a top 10 pick, but Carlton are going to have to overpay to get a deal done for a contracted player. Sydney supporters don't mind that another club is willing to overpay for their player, yet can't understand why Bombers supporters think Sydney should also have to overpay for our contracted star. Trading Daniher literally ruins any chance we have of being a competitive team for at least 2020. We aren't going to let him go cheaply.

hahaha, no they wouldn't.

Papley is a decent player but what exactly has he done? He's a small forward (far less valuable than a star key forward) and couldn't even make the AA squad in his best season. Daniher has the potential to change a club's fortunes.

Papley is not worth a top 10 pick, but Carlton are going to have to overpay to get a deal done for a contracted player. Sydney supporters don't mind that another club is willing to overpay for their player, yet can't understand why Bombers supporters think Sydney should also have to overpay for our contracted star. Trading Daniher literally ruins any chance we have of being a competitive team for at least 2020. We aren't going to let him go cheaply.
I didn't think Daniher was going to get up for much of 2020 anyway? Papley has 4 years to run on his contract and is 2 years younger. Daniher has 12 months to run, appears to not want to be in melbourne, might not want to play on and has ongoing injury concerns. There is enormous risk to any club that recruits him right now. I would be surprised, if it happens this year.

I would assume we will get him as a RFA next year and you will get a compo pick.

Lots of Swans fans including me want to steer well clear of this. Essendon haven't got a contract extension on the table because they're waiting to see if he goes ok in 2020? Well we feel the same.

Yeah I don’t quite get it either. Guess the Swans think he’s gettable at a cheap price.

Tend to agree, can't see any reason for Sydney to entertain it unless he's given away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Joe Daniher 2019 [requested a trade to Sydney - didn't get there]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back